Island star jan 29th caribbean

UK.Girl

• 4 weeks later...
anyone doing this cruise from UK with First choice and know what the planes are like with Thomas cook (their flight)

We were on Sea Princess Transatlantic in April. We flew Thomsonfly and they were great but people who were put on the Thomas Cook flights did not rate them much - so be prepared. It might be better if you can upgrade your flights. We upgraded on Thomson and had really good service.

Thanks Dorset cruiser - we were looking for an upgrade but TC actually upgraded their planes from may this year and have more legspace than the virgin flight we were offered as an upgrade !

Hi UK.Girl

Sorry to say my wife and I had the misfortune to Fly with this carrier from Manchester to Barbados. Joining Ocean Village.

Absolute Nightmare Flight. (basic leg-room on a Long Haul Flight} Food the worst I have ever received on a Flight. Recycled packaging worse than Mcdonalds. Expensive Bar as usual.

Sorry once again for the bad review, Try for an Upgragde if you can.

Good Luck.

Thanks - did you fly after May 1st this year? They are supposed to have upgraded their legroom - we got offered a Virgin flight for £100 more - for only 31 inches of leg space !! crazy ! We have tried upgrading but they will not even take a request for extra legroom seats as we booked via First Choice ! Will make sure we are at the airport early and try to book the better seats - have to say we flew with FCA on their long haul and leg space was great as long as the person in front didnt recline their seat !

I am not fussed about the in flight meal as we shall have breakfast before we leave.

Hope the flight turns out alright for you but we did hear an awful lot of complaints about Thomas Cook. We flew out on 12th April to Barbados so hopefully you will have a better flight than some of our fellow passengers. When we got to Gatwick there was a sign up saying that the Thomas Cook flight had some premium seats available for purchase. Get there early and you may be lucky. It makes an awful lot of difference.

Have to commend Thomsonfly for their premium service. Great seats, legroom, Aldo Zilli menu and continuous free drinks, from a Bellini on boarding and drinks right through to Barbados. We also got free blankets and neck cushions which our grandchildren have had great fun playing with since we got back:D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi UK Girl,

You are right about the Seat Pitch being increased from 30in to 33in from May, but this was only on their Airbus 330's. Your flight should be on one of these but it could possibly be on a B.767 which hasn't been increased.

I booked up my cruise (Dec 18th) awhile ago and didn't have the option of Virgin flights, so I immeditely booked up Premium Seats on my flight.

I flew with TC last year to Cuba and it's not just the pitch you have to worry about, their newer aircraft had less seat width which made it a very uncomfortable journey!

Anyway, hope you enjoy your cruise!

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
anyone doing this cruise from UK with First choice and know what the planes are like with Thomas cook (their flight)

Just had confirmation today UK GIRL....CANT WAIT NOW:D

FLYING FROM GATWICK 10:00 AM ON 29TH...VIRGIN ATLANTIC

MYSELF AND WIFE.....WE ARE FROM SOUTH WALES......WHERE ARE YOU FROM

we are from Kent - so dont have too far to travel to the airport ! :)

we decided to stay with the TC flight and 33 inch seats as the virgin flight was def 31 and just not enough for me as i have restricted range of movement in my right knee.:(

so looking forward to it !:D

Archived