new basic advice for a new camera for alaska cruise

labrylao

Hi, I looked at a few of these posts and wow nice confusing stuff for us non- professionals lol..... just kidding ...

Hubby and I are doing our 25th anniversary cruise to alaska in september and my dig camera is cheap and old. well not really old but in todays standards of technology 1 yr is old.. lol

i have a nikon coolpix 4600 (told you basic)

I would like to pay maybe 200.00 for a good basic easy to use camera with the ability to do some zooming (hey alaska ok lol) any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. i have looked at a kodak that costco has on sale the zd710 for 149.00 but i have just started looking. So advice would give me a direction. thanks sooooo much

Lee-ann

The Kodak is actually a good place to start at a great price. The Z710 is about 18 months old and at the end of the product cycle, but it is still a good, simple superzoom with an excellent Schneider lens. Buying a camera a model release back is a good way to get a great camera at half of what it cost when it was released.

Hard to beat that deal and as far as simple to use, Kodaks are very user-friendly. (My first digital was a Kodak!)

Good luck,

Dave

As usual I agree with pierces, Kodak makes the best camera for novice or non-tech type of people, their cameras are so easy to use and yield wonderful results. And staying one step behind in technology saves a ton of cash.

I am a big fan of these superzoom cameras, they give you lots of options for not a lot of money. 7.1 megapixels is more than you will ever need (don't let anyone tell you otherwise, unless you are becoming a professional photographer)

BTW this is an awesome price from Costco, amazon has this same camera for $299, and other retailers are around $200, so this is a great deal. Costco has a great return policy so I would pick up this camera and play around with it and see how you like it, I have a feeling you will.

Good luck

MAC

Archived