• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Just Back AOS 4/20 - 4/27

mchin

We are leaving 6/1/08 on AOS for our 25th Wedding Anniversary - Cant Wait - No kids!! I have a couple of questions

1. Do you think its possible to bring a bottle Baccardi Rum on board for our room.

2. What is smart casual night? Is there 2 formals or only one.

3. what was the best shore excursion you went on?

Congrats on your anniversary. We just came off the AOS from the 3/23/08 Crazy Easter Cruisers group. RCL doesn't permit you bring liquor on board. There are dozens of liquor smuggling threads on these boards. Try a search. If you put it in your packed luggage, there is a chance it will get through security. Most likely, they will see it and confiscate it. :( If you really want to try, I suggest plastic bottles - pints work well and fit into socks inside of shoes.:D

There are two formal nights. Monday (first sea day) and Thursday (second sea day). I believe the smart casual night was Saint Maarten (Friday evening).

Our three favorite excusrions were the Jolly Pirates in Aruba - we booked directly, and the America's Cup 12 meter sailing in Saint Maarten. The third was the day trip to St. John and Trunk Bay when we were in St. Thomas. We did the shore excursion but you can do it yourself if you do a little homework. Going by yourself will give you more time on an absolutely beautiful beach.

See our Crazy Easter Cruisers review at:

(by Crusin Rob)

You may notice several of us in matching tee shirts. These were coordinated by one of our Roll Call members and most of us wore them to our own pre M&M party on the Pool Deck bar on Sunday afternoon.

The weakest menu day in our opinion is Wednesday so we went to Portofino's that evening. Book on Sunday when you get on the ship as the reservations go very fast! We were able to board by 11:30 Sunday morning.

Enjoy your Cruise!

Happy Anniversary Boaterforlife! My DH and I did a cruise last summer for

our 20th and it was the first time the kids weren't with us. Fun!

I was also on the 3/23/08 sailing with OHCruisinDad. We went to St. John's

on our own and it was very easy. The only problem we had was with the

taxi to RedHook. The cabbie wanted to wait and see if she could fill her

cab with more than the 4 of us, so, subsequently we missed the 9am ferry.

Other than that, going on our own was great. There are some fun shops

over in Cruz Bay too:)

Good luck getting the rum on board. They may not be as diligent since

the Spring Break crowd is gone, but definitely go with the plastic bottle.

Have a great time!

I'm not quite understanding something....is eating at Johnny Rockets included in the cost of the cruise or does that get charged to your sea pass card?

It gets charged extra. $3.95 pp. But that covers practicaly everything excepts for some of the desserts and soda.

It gets charged extra. $3.95 pp. But that covers practicaly everything excepts for some of the desserts and soda.

so i assume they don't have an all you can eat Johny Rocket card like the soda card as mynephew will certainly spend his money at JR! :D

The Windjammer is free? And this is where you eat breakfast and lunch and it's buffet style? Do I have that correct?

Did you see if they were showing any of the NHL playoffs anywhere????

There were some sports on in the sports bar, I think it was soccer. Didn't see if NHL was available.

We are leaving 6/1/08 on AOS for our 25th Wedding Anniversary - Cant Wait - No kids!! I have a couple of questions

1. Do you think its possible to bring a bottle Baccardi Rum on board for our room.

NCL Spirit 07

Carnvial Legend 05

Carnvial Victory 01

1. Do you think its possible to bring a bottle Baccardi Rum on board for our room. I don't know if you can or not. I saw plenty of bottles being captured and stored by the crew as people boarded the ship.

Day 6 (St. Maarten on our itinerary) was the smart casual night. There were two formal nights, both were the sea days (day two and five).

We only went on one ship excursion. We did the Atlantis Explorer Semi Submersible Sub in Curacao. My three year old DD loves fish and had a blast watching the fish in the ocean.

Have a wonderful cruise!

I'm not quite understanding something....is eating at Johnny Rockets included in the cost of the cruise or does that get charged to your sea pass card?

You must pay a $3.95 surcharge per person which is charged to your sign and sail card. In addition, all milk shakes are additional charge (forgot how much, sorry). You can eat as much of what ever you want for the $3.95 surcharge.

Hi Melissa...can't wait to read your review.

Question: on the 2 formal nights, was lobster served? If not, what was served?

Thanks!

Lobster was served on Day 6. I can't remember what was served on the two formal nights (we actually only did one of the formal nights--the first). Each night there was a selection between steak, chicken, or fish.

so i assume they don't have an all you can eat Johny Rocket card like the soda card as mynephew will certainly spend his money at JR! :D

The Windjammer is free? And this is where you eat breakfast and lunch and it's buffet style? Do I have that correct?

You really don't need an all you can eat card for Johnny Rockets. It's all you can eat for the $3.95 surcharge.

Yes, Windjammer is free, buffet style, and is available for all three meals -- if you so choose.

Did your 3yr old go to camp? How was it? Do they give beepers to the parents?

I saw a picture on another thread of an indoor waterslide. Do you know what ages it is for?

Thanks for the info. We are traveling on AOS in November -- can't wait!!!

1. Do you think its possible to bring a bottle Baccardi Rum on board for our room. I highly doubt it. They were scanning carryons twice...once as you came into the port building and once when you first came on ship. You might get it through checked baggage, but I wouldn't bet on it. AOS has been diligent whether it is Spring Break or not.

2. What is smart casual night? Is there 2 formals or only one. 2 formals on Monday and Thursday. Smart Casual is Friday. If you are doing the C&A party, that is also labeled as Smart Casual even though the evening is casual.:confused:

3. what was the best shore excursion you went on? I'd say the best excursion was MiDushi in Aruba. Jolly Pirates was having trouble with one of their ships so the private excursions were cancelled. I enjoyed our time at Trunk Bay as well. We all decided to go with the ship's excursion on our ship since Carnival was going on down town and we weren't sure how that would affect traveling to Red Hook.

Enjoy! Jen

I saw a picture on another thread of an indoor waterslide. Do you know what ages it is for?

Thanks for the info. We are traveling on AOS in November -- can't wait!!!

We tried Adventure Ocean one day. She seemed to enjoy it, and yes, we did get a beeper. My only issue with Adventure Ocean is that unless your three year old can go to the bathroom his/herself and properly clean themselves up, it's not going to work. The staff are not allowed to go with the children to the bathroom. My DD just turned three last month, so she is not ready to tackle the bathroom alone just yet.

I don't recall seeing a specific sign for ages, but all those in the Adventure Ocean have access to it. Therefore, I would guess the ages are 3-14. Keep in mind that they have two slides, one for the younger kids and one for older.

Here is a link to our cruise pics http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563244612RvYJTB. There are pictures towards the end of the waterslide for the younger kids. Enjoy!

Congrats on your anniversary. We just came off the AOS from the 3/23/08 Crazy Easter Cruisers group. RCL doesn't permit you bring liquor on board. There are dozens of liquor smuggling threads on these boards. Try a search. If you put it in your packed luggage, there is a chance it will get through security. Most likely, they will see it and confiscate it. :( If you really want to try, I suggest plastic bottles - pints work well and fit into socks inside of shoes.:D

There are two formal nights. Monday (first sea day) and Thursday (second sea day). I believe the smart casual night was Saint Maarten (Friday evening).

Our three favorite excusrions were the Jolly Pirates in Aruba - we booked directly, and the America's Cup 12 meter sailing in Saint Maarten. The third was the day trip to St. John and Trunk Bay when we were in St. Thomas. We did the shore excursion but you can do it yourself if you do a little homework. Going by yourself will give you more time on an absolutely beautiful beach.

See our Crazy Easter Cruisers review at:

(by Crusin Rob)

You may notice several of us in matching tee shirts. These were coordinated by one of our Roll Call members and most of us wore them to our own pre M&M party on the Pool Deck bar on Sunday afternoon.

The weakest menu day in our opinion is Wednesday so we went to Portofino's that evening. Book on Sunday when you get on the ship as the reservations go very fast! We were able to board by 11:30 Sunday morning.

Enjoy your Cruise!

Thanks for your input - Definitely going to look into going to St. John's on our own. The America Cup Sailing excurison sounds exciting.

Nice job on the cruise video, now I definitely cant wait to go.

We tried Adventure Ocean one day. She seemed to enjoy it, and yes, we did get a beeper. My only issue with Adventure Ocean is that unless your three year old can go to the bathroom his/herself and properly clean themselves up, it's not going to work. The staff are not allowed to go with the children to the bathroom. My DD just turned three last month, so she is not ready to tackle the bathroom alone just yet.

Wow - that is lousy. I am really surprised.

I don't recall seeing a specific sign for ages, but all those in the Adventure Ocean have access to it. Therefore, I would guess the ages are 3-14. Keep in mind that they have two slides, one for the younger kids and one for older.

There are 2 water slides?

Here is a link to our cruise pics http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563244612RvYJTB. There are pictures towards the end of the waterslide for the younger kids. Enjoy!

The pictures are great. Looks like you had a wonderful time.

Thanks for the info!!!

Archived