Please post your planned or completed itinerary

judyf

CruiseTour:

Day 1: Vancouver (probably a city tour)

Day 2: Whistler Mountaineer (still planning)

Day 3: Whistler Mountaineer (still planning)

Day 4: Board Ship

Day 5: Inside Passage Cruising

Day 6: Icy Strait Point - Zipline Rider for husband, ATV Expedition for both in afternoon.

Day 7: Hubbard Glacier cruising

Day 8: Skagway - Train & Rail and my birthday!

Day 9: Juneau - Harv & Marv Whale Watching

Day 10 - Cruising and back to Vancouver - straight to airport!

Have great Alaskan adventures, all. This is our very first time to Alaska!

Wow! 26 responses already. I can't wait to sit down and read them all. It will give me lots of ideas of what to do.

I hope it helps others too.

Thanks for sharing.

June 26--Fly to Vancouver, BC from Florida

June 27--Depart on Millennium

June 28--Cruise Inside Passage

June 29--Ketchikan--Misty Fjords Boat and Floatplane Wilderness Adventure

June 30--Juneau--Glacier Dogsled Adventure via Helicopter and Mendenhall Glacier & Gardens

July 1--Skagway--Eagle Preserve Wildlife River Adventure and Cruise

July 2--Icy Stait Point--Spasski River Valley Wildlife and Bear Search and Whale and Marine Mammals Cruise

July 3--Hubbard Glacier

July 4--Train to Anchorage, Check out Anchorage and 4th of July stuff and catch evening plane home.

Thanks for all the great info. Our trip is not until 2009 but I have lots of planning to do. Booked the cruise but researching what to do for a land tour in Alaska and a few days in Vancouver.:)

Day 1: Fly to Barrow

Day 2: Barrow - Tour Barrow - Arctic Ocean - Midnight Sun stroll on the beach

Day 3: Barrow - Birding and Point Barrow

Day 4: Barrow/Anchorage

Day 5: Anchorage - Saturday market

Day 6: Anchorage/Seward (early train -not much time in Seward - walk the town? - get on that DAM ship)

Day 7: College Fjord -- MY 50th Birthday!

Day 8: Glacier Bay

Day 9: Haines - Float trip thru Eagle Reserve

Day 10: Juneau - Whale watching (Capt Larry) - Shrine of St. Therese

Day 11: Ketchikan - Misty Fjords Flightseeing (Island Wings)

Day 12: Sea Day

Day 13: Vancouver - pick up rental car and drive home

Hi TessM - My Avatar pic is our new puppy who's grandparents are from Pt. Barrow. Maybe you can say 'hi' to them for me???...............lol! We named her Tanaraq, which means in Alaskan/Eskimo/Inuit Indian 'granddaughter of the tundra'. We call her Tana. Thought her name was very appropriate.

When I booked this cruise, land poriton, and plane tickets... I was working a job where I only accrued 12 hours of vacation a month. Now, I get 2 days a month and suddenly, man, I have almost an extra week. Oh well! ;)

6/17: fly to Seattle, spend the night at a hotel near Amtrak. Already confirmed with the hotel that we'll be arriving l-a-t-e. They suggested we eat in their restaurant once we arrive. I'm not sure the GM understands that my body says it'll be 3 hours later than their clocks.

6/18: Amtrak to Vancouver and then we'll wend our way to the cruise ship. Debating using the public transportation system they have v. a cab.

6/19: Inside passage.

6/20: Ketchikan - a Misty Fjords boat trip that my DH really wanted. :) We have half a day in the morning to look around town.

6/21: Juneau - Glacier trek & climb with beyondak.com. Will have to remember my camera and my hiking sticks for this! Just call me Gimpy. :) However, that will leave us ~ 8 hours in Juneau and we have nothing specific planned. If the weather is good, Mt. Roberts Tram all the way!

6/22: Skagway - Wherein, only a few days ago, I realized that we'd booked one of those excursions that relies on the fast ferry to Haines. Guess we'll see how THAT works out. My DH wants to go to the Eagle Preserve!

6/23: Sitka - Bike & hike excursion, and then we'll try to see the Raptor Center and the Russian dancers

6/24: Carnival sez Cruise Prince William Sound; Cruise College Fjord

6/25: Alaskan Leopard Tours will get us, in a roundabout manner, to Anchorage where we'll pick up our rental car and head to Healy, AK. Check in to Aspen Haus (hey, tripadvisor currently has them as the #2 hotel in the area) for 3 nights

6/26: a shuttle to the new visitor center, if it's open, in Denali National Park

6/27: Denali/Healy, no plans!

6/28: Leave really early to return the rental car in time (unless we can get it extended without paying 5X what I have it reserved for!!), figure out if there's a way to kill time with our luggage, prior to our 7pm flight back home!

6/29: Get home, pat the kitties, crawl into bed until 6/30. ;)

7/4: In-laws arrive?!? :eek:

+++

Funny how laying it out like this reminds me that I should push the DH into helping me fill some of the holes prior to leaving for the trip. Mostly on things like "hey, we should have an idea of how much food we need for the Denali portion before we're standing in the grocery store."

OK - I'm thinking now that I should have booked a land tour. B.L.O.T - I didn't have enough vacation days and this is just to get my feet wet and give me a reason to book a two week trip next time. LOL!

Day one - DFW to Seattle. Hotel near airport.

Day two - Board the Golden Princess and make myself familiar with the buffet and dining rooms

Day three - sea day - Enjoy the spa

Day four - Juneau - salmon bake or Mendenhall Glacier and Gardens Tour or the MGE Express bus to Mendenhall Glacier, Mt. Roberts Tram

Day five - Skagway - train and rail - I haven't decided long or short trip. I'm leaning towards short trip.

Day six - Glacier viewing - Tracy Arm Fjord - CAMERA, BINOCULARS, BLANKET AND HOT COCOA. A day on my balcony.

Day seven - Ketchikan - Rain forest ropes and zip line

Day eight - Victoria - walk the town and maybe tea.

Day nine - Diembark. Tour Seattle - Duck tour. Late flight back to DFW.

Day ten - sleep and recuperate from vacation

Day 11 - Back to reality. Pretend to work but really spend the day uploading pictures and preparing slideshow with remarks on all of the pictures. Email my friends about my wonderful cruise to Alaska and start planning my 2009 Hawaii summer vacation.

Day 12 - Work for real and start reading the gazillion emails in my inbox.

This was our itinerary from last year - but it worked out so perfectly, I thought I would post it here. Great thread by the way.

Alaska Itinerary – June 3 through June 18 (traveling with 4 adults)

Day 1 – ANCHORAGE

oFly into Anchorage (flight arrives at 2:30 p.m.)

oPick up Hertz rental (van) at airport (booked thru AAA for approx. $320). (Can't use city rental office because they are closed on Sunday)

oStay at Hawthorn Suites, 1110 West 8th Ave. http://www.hawthorn.com/reservations...asp?facid=1335

Day 2 - TO SEWARD

oDrive to Seward, with stops at Potter’s Marsh, Beluga Point, Portage Glacier (Bigich-Boggs Visitor Center), Moose Pass Visitor Center

oVisit Alaska Sealife Center (with 4:30 p.m. reservations for Behind the Scenes Tour) http://www.alaskasealife.org/

oStay at Alaska Saltwater Lodge http://www.alaskasaltwaterlodge.com/seward_lodging.htm

Day 3 - SEWARD

oAll day Kenai Fjords Tour w/Alaska Saltwater Lodge (8:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m.)

oStay at Alaska Saltwater Lodge

Day 4 - TO GIRDWOOD (Alyeska Resort)

oIn Seward, take Seavey’s IdidaRide dogsled tour (10:00 a.m.)

oVisit Exit Glacier on way out of town

oStop at Gwin’s in Coopers Landing for lunch

oDrive to Girdwood

oVisit Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center

oStay at Alyeska Prince Hotel

oDinner reservations at Seven Glaciers restaurant (tram to top of mountain)

Day 5 - TO TALKEETNA

oDrive from Girdwood to Talkeetna

oPossible stops – Eklutna Historical Park (Spirit Houses), Knik (Iditardod Museum)

oSpend time in Talkeetna

oStay at Talkeetna Chalet B&B (http://www.talkeetnachalet.com/)

o7:00 p.m. Denali flight-seeing tour w/Glacier Landing. Talkeetna Air Taxi (using Alaska Toursaver coupon) http://www.talkeetnaair.com/

Day 6 - TO DENALI/HEALY

oFlightseeing 2nd chance if canceled last night

oDrive to Denali - stop at Denali Park Visitor Center, see movie, dog sled demo, pickup tickets for tomorrow’s shuttle bus

oStay at Denali Lakeview Inn (http://www.denalilakeview.com/)

Day 7 - DENALI PARK

oTake 6:30 a.m. shuttle bus to Fish Creek (approx. 8 hour trip)

oStay at Denali Lakeview Inn

Day 8 - TO ANCHORAGE

oStop in Talkeetna for a 3rd try at flightseeing if necessary

oVisit Independence Mine State Park - Hatchers Pass

oDrive to Anchorage and drop rental car at airport

oStay at Hawthorne Suites hotel – they provide free shuttle from airport back to hotel after dropping rental car

Day 9 - TO WHITTIER

oBus provided by Prince William Sound Cruises to pick up at Hawthorn Suites to Whittier (http://www.princewilliamsound.com/)

oTake 6 hour Wilderness Explorer Glacier Cruise (11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)

oPWS Cruises to hold luggage

oAfter PWS tour, drop off at Coral Princess

oCoral Princess embarkation – 9:30 p.m.

Day 10 - CRUISE COLLEGE FJORD

Day 11 - CRUISE GLACIER BAY

Day 12 - SKAGWAY

oTake White Pass & Yukon 7 hour railroad/bus tour through Chilkoot Charters (http://www.skagwaysbesttour.com/)

oSightsee Skagway

Day 13 - JUNEAU

oMt. Roberts Tram (weather permitting) (http://www.goldbelttours.com/travel/...neau/tram.html)

oWhalewatching with Capt. Larry & Orca Enterprises (http://www.orcaenterprises.com/)

oMendenhall Glacier (http://www.fs.fed.us/r10/tongass/districts/mendenhall/) – Orca Enterprises to provide bus transportation to and from

Day 14 - KETCHIKAN

oClassic Tours (3 hour tour of Ketchikan including Saxman Native Village) (http://www.classictours.com/)

oWalking tour of Ketchikan

Day 15 - AT SEA

Day 16 - VANCOUVER (dock at 7:30 a.m.)

oBus tour of Vancouver

oFlight home at 3:27 p.m.

I have to agree, this is a great idea for a thread....only two weeks to go!

May 23 - fly from Halifax to Seattle (oh joy!)

May 24 - board the Oosterdam!

May 25 - at sea (zzzzzzzzzz)

May 26 - Juneau: Harv & Marv's whale watching tour/Mendenhall Glacier

viewing/Mt Roberts tram (if time/weather permits)

May 27 - Hubbard Glacier cruising

May 28 - Sitka - Sea Otter & Wildlife Quest

May 29 - Ketchikan - Rain Forest Canopy & Zipline Expedition (I must be

insane!)

May 30 - Victoria - nothing booked as of yet, looking for ideas!

May 31 - Return to Seattle :(

June 1 - remain in Seattle

June 2 - fly home to Halifax

June 3 - start countdown to Mediterranean cruise!

Hi TessM - My Avatar pic is our new puppy who's grandparents are from Pt. Barrow. Maybe you can say 'hi' to them for me???...............lol! We named her Tanaraq, which means in Alaskan/Eskimo/Inuit Indian 'granddaughter of the tundra'. We call her Tana. Thought her name was very appropriate.

What a great story and a cute puppy. I'm sure I'll have time over the three days in Barrow to find a pup or two to say "hi" to. My little boy (13 yo Norfolk Terrier) will be in "camp" while I'm away. Fortunately for me, and him, he LOVES to go to camp. But, I'll be missing him.

Also, that's a perfect name for that little girl.

Great idea for a thread.

July 18th- Hartford to Anchorage

July 19th- Anchorage- Market and walk around

July 20th- Brooks Falls -See the Bears!

July 21th- Brooks Falls- return in the pm and drive to Seward

July 22nd- Seward- Mariah Captains Tour 8:30-5:30 and then drive to

Whittier

July 23rd-PWS Glacier Cruise

board Carnival Spirit

July 24th- Cruise College Fjord

July 25th- Sitka Captain Davey's Tour

July 26th- Juneau Harv and Marv Mendenhall Glacier

July 27th-Skagway rental car

July 28th- Ketchikan Southeast Sea Kayaking Orca's Cove

July 29th- Cruise Inside Passage

July 30th- Vancouer fly to Las Vegas

July 31st- Drive to Grand Canyon

August 1st- Grand Canyon

August 2nd- Grand Canyon and then drive back to Las Vegas for red eye

August 3rd- Arrive in Hartford and start thinking about where to go on my next cruise.

Day 1 - fly to Vancouver (1 night)

Day 2 - board northbound HAL Veendam

Day 3 - sea day

Day 4 - Ketchikan: Alaska Duck excursion, walk around Creek Street

Day 5 - Haines: rental car to drive along the Haines Highway

Day 6 - Juneau: 3-hour tour of the city, Mendenhall Glacier, and the Shrine of St. Therese

Day 7 - Sitka: 4-hour wildlife cruise with Capt. Davey

Day 8 - Hubbard Glacier

Day 9 - cruise ends in Seward, visit SeaLife Center, Exit Glacier/evening train to Anchorage (5 nights)

Days 10-12 - attend church conference in Eagle River/area sightseeing

Day 13 - PWS glacier cruise in Whittier

Day 14 - drive to Talkeetna, Mt. McKinley flight with glacier landing/drive to Healy ( 2 nights)

Day 15 - Denali park shuttle bus to the Eielson Center

Day 16 - Denali activities in a.m./scenic drive to Anchorage (1 night)

Day 17 - Girdwood, Portage Glacier Visitor Center, Wildlife Conservation Center/8:55 p.m. flight home

Day 18 - arrive home at noon

Our first cruise - 40th anniversary!!!

Sunday, Aug. 17 - Fly from El Paso to Fairbanks - RCI picks us up at airport and off to spend the night at the Wedgewood Resort.

Monday, Aug. 18 - El Dorado Goldmine in the morning and Riverboat Discovery in the afternoon - 2nd night at Wedgewood.

Tuesday, Aug. 19 - Wilderness Express train to Denali and then the Tundra Wilderness Tour. Overnight at McKinley Lodge.

Wednesday, Aug. 20 - Nenana River Rafting in the morning and then back on the Wilderness Express to Talkeetna. Stay at Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge.

Thursday, Aug. 21 - Relax and then motorcoach to Anchorage. Roam around town and overnight at Downtown Marriott.

Friday, Aug. 22 - Alaska Native Heritage Center and then it's off to Seward to board the Radiance of the Seas.

Saturday, Aug. 23 - at sea. Camera and binoculars at the ready to see Hubbard Glacier.

Sunday, Aug. 24 - Juneau. Mount Roberts Tramway in the morning and then we'll be whale watching in the afternoon with Harv & Marv.

Monday, Aug. 25 - Skagway. Yukon and White Pass Railroad at noon - walk around town and shop the rest of the time.

Tuesday, Aug. 26 - Icy Strait Point. May go ashore or maybe we'll just loaf around the ship.

Wednesday, Aug. 27 - Ketchikan. Misty Fjords flightseeing with SeaWind Aviation in the morning and Undersea tour in the afternoon.

Thursday, Aug. 28 - Inside Passage cruising.

Friday, Aug. 29 - Arrive Vancouver 7:00 am. Take luggage to Marriott Pinnacle and check in if possible - store luggage if not. Granville Island - Space Museum - Maritime Museum.

Saturday, Aug 30 - Stanley Park bike ride - Aquarium.

Sunday, Aug. 31 - back to El Paso and real life (boo-hoo). Monday's Labor Day - time to edit all those digital photos.

I don't know if I'll last the next 109 days.

Do you mean Cape Fox Lodge Tram????

Oops... my bad... :p

I'm doing the tram thing in Juneau. ....

I'm in full swing preparations for the last half of my holiday in LA, so wasn't in full 'Alaska mode' when I read my short hand. Sorry for any confusion. :)

cruisey girl.

Great thread, it has made me realize that I still have some work to do as I have been suffering from Alaska planning burnout.

6/11: Fly Houston - Seatle - Anchorage. Use transfers provided through ship to arrive in Whittier and board Carnival Spirit.

6/12: Cruising - eating, enjoying our first balcony, spa treatments

6/13: Sitka - On our own. 1st stop Raptor Center. Enjoy the town stopping at the Russian church, possible viewing the Russian dancers,

6/14: Juneau - On our own. Rent a car through Rent-A-Wreck. Visit Mendenhall, Shrine of St Theresa, explore area. Drop of car by closing at 6:00 then walk around the area near the cruise ship terminal.

6/15: Skagway - shore excursion of Haines and float trip through Eagle preserve. Email received from Carnival that the high speed ferry problems will not affect the ship's shore excursions. Explore town in pm, possible time to take a short hike.

6/16: Kethchikan - ???? This is an area where nothing stands out, perhaps thinking about possible zip line adventure. Explore the town and probably hike to Deer Mountain.

6/17: Cruising

6/18: Vancouver - Shuttle to Seatle. Depart Seatle for Houston arriving at midnight.

This is a great thread. I think I will have to squeeze a few more things in after reading what everyone else is doing.

May 17

Fly from Atlanta-San Fran board the Dawn Princess

May 18-At Sea

May 19-Victoria(12pm-7pm): double decker city tour and ???

May 20-At Sea

May 21-Ketchikan(7am-2pm):Salmon Fishing with Ketchikan Charter Boats(friend of Ken from Northern Lights), Crazy Wolf Studio to look at local artist

May22-Icy Strait Point(8am-8pm):Whale Watching with FISHES, kayak adventure with Princess and walk around town

May 23-Juneau(4:30am-10pm):Helicopter Glacier Tour with Coastal, Glacier bike and Brew tour with Princess, Mt. Robert's Tram

May 24-Tracy Arm(5am-10am)-Scenic Cruising

May 25-27 At Sea

Happy Cruising to ALL!!

May 27 - arrive ANC

May 28 - Denali, Cabin Dinner Nite Theater

May 29 -Talkeetna - McKinnley flight with glacier landing

May 30 - Seward - Alaska Sealife Center

May 31 - View Hubbard glacier (hopefully)

June 1 - Juneau - Mendehall glacier, Mt Roberts tram, walk around town

June 2 -Skagway - car rental to Yukon, tour town

June 3 -ISP - whale watch tour

June 4 - Ketchkan - crab boat tour, tour town

June 5 - Inside passage

June 6 - Vancouver - long flight home

This will be the first cruise ever for myself and my fiancee - we negotiated on our honeymoon plans. I picked a cruise and he picked Alaska as the destination. :) We'll be on RCCL's Serenade of the Seas.

Thu - SPOKANE - driving there just to spend the night since our flight leaves very early the next day to Vancouver (Spokane is our closest hub).

Fri - VANCOUVER - playing this by ear so far. Considering Stanley Park and Gastown, perhaps an iMax flick (if Iron Man or Indiana Jones is there by then). We had not originally planned to get into vancouver so early so perhaps we will take a ferry to Victoria so I can see Butchart Gardens.

Sat - VANCOUVER - setting sail!

Sun - INSIDE PASSAGE

Mon - ICY STRAIT POINT - based on a lot of reviews from this board, I booked a half-day fishing charter with Dream Fish. I'm more of a photographer but my fiancee is really looking forward to the fishing, so I figure I can take pictures of him catching fish. :)

Tue - HUBBARD GLACIER

Wed - SKAGWAY - again, based on reviews from this board, I booked a 9 hour rail/bus tour through Chilkoot Charters to White Pass/Carcross/Emerald Lake.

Thu - JUNEAU - free day! I figure we will see Mendenhall, perhaps do the tram if the weather is nice, but play it by ear.

Fri - CRUISING

Sat - VANCOUVER - heading back home. :(

This is a great thread - I'm getting all sorts of ideas for things to add to my list for our "flexible" days!

until our June cruise to Alaska! Here's what we're doing so far:

June 9 - fly from DFW to ANK

June 10 - sightsee in Anchorage; go to Seavey's WildRide Sled Dog Show

June 11 - take Alaskan Railroad to Whittier; do Prince William Sound Glacier Adventure tour (4 hrs); board Carnival Spirit

June 12 - sea day - PWS & College Fjord

June 13 - Sitka 8:30am - 7:00pm Haven't quite decided what to do yet but have a list of several things to consider

June 14 - Juneau 7:00am - 11:00pm Harv & Marv Whale Watching tour in the morning; afternoon visit Mendenall Glacier and do Mt Roberts tram if weather is decent

June 15 - Skagway 7:00am - 4:30pm Pick up rental from Avis and using Murray's Guide drive to Emerald Lake; stop at Caribou Crossing for lunch and to see sled dogs

June 16 - Ketchikan 11:00am - 8:00pm Walk around Creek St; do hike; go to Lumberjack show

June 17 - Sail Inside Passage

June 18 - Vancouver 8:00am; store luggage and visit Stanley Park and other sights to be determined; take cab to hotel near airport

June 19 - fly from Vancouver to Denver to Dallas

Hope everyone has a great cruise!

Susan

May 15th - fly from Jersey to Seattle, Underground Tour, Columbia Tower

May 16th - Seattle Aquarium, Music Experience/Sci Fi Museum

May 17th - Pike Place Breakfast Tour, leave on cruise

May 18th - at Sea

May 19th - Juneau: Helicopter trip - 4 Glaciers and a Landing, Mt. Roberts Tram, Evening Whale Watch, Shopping

May 20th - Hubbard Glacier

May 21st - Sitka: Sea Otter Boat Ride and Raptor Center, Shopping

May 22nd - Ketchikan: Misty Fjords Floatplane, Shopping

May 23rd - Victoria: Bus Tour and Craigdarroch Castle

May 24th - Seattle: Woodland Park Zoo, Shopping

May 25th - fly to Jersey

June 2 -Work all day, Fly DC to Seattle at night

June 3 -Wander Seattle – waterfront, market, pioneer square, Go to Mariners game

June 4 -Train to Vancouver, board Carnival Spirit

June 5 -Day at sea – spa day!

June 6 -Ketchikan - Misty Fjords Flight seeing,Tour Sea Star,Tour Ketchikan

June 7 -Juneau - Mendenhall Canoe, Eat, Hike Perseverance Trail

June 8 -Skagway - Car Rental to Emerald Lake and everywhere in between

June 9 -Sitka - Rent bikes to ride some trails and wander around town

June 10 -Sea day and viewing College Fjord

June 11 -Disembark in Whittier – Alaskan Leopard to Anchorage,

Pick up rental car,Drive down to Kenai Princess, touring Turnagain Arm, hike Byron Glacier

June 12 -No concrete plans – maybe fish or whitewater or Maybe drive to Homer or Clam Gulch and back.

June 13 -Mariah Tours – 9 hour captain’s choice, Hike Exit Glacier

June 14 -Hit Turnagain Arm and wish for luck seeing a great bore tide,

Matanuska Glacier hike, Take Red Eye out of Anchorage to DC

Great thread. Definitely going all out on this one. Traveling alone so doing everything I've always dreamed of.

July 20-27 Westerdam

Day 1: Las Vegas to Seattle

Day 2: At sea: Abraham seminar day

Day 3: Glacier bay cruising

Day 4: Juneau 7a to 8p - cobooked Orca whale watching with Coastal helicopter/sledding, considering back up floatplane trip (understand sledding is the most cancelled excursion and really don't want to end up in the middle back seat of a helicopter) otherwise Mendenhall center and tram to Mt Roberts if weather permits.

Day 5: Sitka: 8a to 5 p: Esther G 4 hour tour with Capt Davy, explore Sitka and totems.

Day 6: Ketchican: 7a to 1p: Misty Fords floatplane adventure with landing Island wings.

Day 7: Victoria 6p to 12p - Buchart Gardens (hoping for fireworks)

Day 8: Seattle: Best of Seattle tour with transfer to airport (flight not until afternoon) great way to kill time.

Back to reality and a new job....

Day 5: Sitka:

Neat idea for a thread!

Cruising Star Princess to Alaska in July 2008:

Ketchikan: Misty Fjords flight then some hiking/sightseeing.

Juneau: Glacier View Bike & Brew.

Skagway: Rental car to Emerald Lake.

Victoria, British Columbia: Probably visit a couple of pubs.

Seattle: Red Sox/Mariners game. Go Sox!

Coral Princess Southbound from Whittier to Vancouver. Since we have several families going, everyone has their own plans:

July 11th - Fly up to Anchorage, pick up the rental cars and drive down to Seward and spending the next 2 nights in the cabins.

July 12th - The girls are going on a Kenai Fjords nature cruise and the guys are going halibut fishing.

July 13th - We're going to the Seward Sealife Center and to explore the Kenai Peninsula then drive back up to Anchorage to turn in the rental car and spend the night. My parents are going fishing and will meet us in Anchorage.

July 14th - We're all taking the train down to Whittier and boarding the ship and probably having some lunch. Then it's likely that my dad will get back off and fish some more since we don't sail until evening.

July 15th - College Fjord (Maybe a couples massage for DH and I)

July 16th - Glacier Bay (Thinking about the Ultimate Balcony Dinner here)

July 17th - Skagway - Half of us are going with Chilkoot Charters on the White Pass Railroad and the other half are renting a car and following Murray's Guide up to Emerald Lake so my dad can fish along the way. Then hopefully we'll have some time in town to shop and explore.

July 18th - Juneau - Dad is going on a guided fly-fishing trip. Others are going with Harv and Marv to whale watch. DH and I are going glacier trekking and then taking the tram up to Mt. Roberts. (Both weather permitting.) I'm haven't figured out what to do if we get cancelled for weather. I'd like to jump on a whale watching trip but I know they are booked far in advance and getting one at the last minute isn't likely. I may print out some hiking trail maps and we can just explore the trails and the town instead.

July 19th - Ketchikan - Dad is going on another guided fishing trip. Mom is headed for a Totem Pole and wildlife sanctuary tour with the ship. The rest of us are going kayaking in Orca's Cove and from there we're jumping on a float plane to fly out to see the bears. Then hopefully we'll have some time to explore the town and do some shopping.

July 20th - Sea Day - Do nothing. I just want to relax and enjoy a day at sea and make the most of the last day of our vacation. Maybe we'll do a specialty restaurant for dinner.

July 21st - Vancouver - Feel sorry for myself as we head for the airport to fly home, but I'll be anxious to pick up my furry baby from doggy camp. My parents are spending a few days in Vancouver, where I'm sure my dad intends to find a place to fish. :D - SF

May 14 - Travel to Vancouver

May 15 - Vancouver - Granville Island & Dinner Cruise

May 16 - Aquarium & Stanley Park

May 17 - Watch the Sapphire come in, have brunch & Board

May 18 - Sea Day - CC Party

May 19 - Ketchikan - Lighthouse Totems & Eagles

======= Phone Daughter. Tell her we are having bad time

May 20 - Juneau - Capt. Larry

May 21 - Skagway - Chilkoot - Youkon Tour

======= Phone Daughter. Tell her we are having bad time

May 22 - Glacier Bay

May 23 - College Fjord

May 24 - Whittier - 6 Hr. PWS Tour

======= Phone Daughter. Tell her we are having really bad time

May 25 - College Fjord - Southbound CC Party

May 26 - Glacier Bay

May 27 - Skagway - Horseback riding at Dyea

======= Phone Daughter. Tell her we are having really crummy time

May 28 - Juneau - Canoe to Mendenhall Glacier

May 29 - Ketchikan - Zipline

======= Phone Daughter. Tell her we will never go without her again

May 30 - Sea Day

May 31 - Vancouver. Try to get off ship as nose is so big afer all those lies I told my Daughter. Vancouver tour for late afternoon flight home.