How early to beat the "Chair Hogs"

mfrag

I've been reading TONS about the infamous "chair hogs!" I can't believe people resort to putting lone pieces of fruit on the chairs to hold them! Although, its a vacation, and I'd like nothing more than to sleep in, how early do I need to get up in order to get a chair on deck? :confused:

I've been reading TONS about the infamous "chair hogs!" I can't believe people resort to putting lone pieces of fruit on the chairs to hold them! Although, its a vacation, and I'd like nothing more than to sleep in, how early do I need to get up in order to get a chair on deck? :confused:

I have heard many people are out extremely early. I mean before 6 am. We actually never experienced this on the Liberty last October. We were able to get the same seat on the Lido deck every day.

The crack before dawn should be early enough;) . We have always had problems on every cruise with the chair hogs. I love the ones that save 10 chairs in a row and then you might see 2 moms show up and they say they are saving them for the hubbys and kids that never show up:rolleyes:

Find a chair, if there is anything on it, wait half an hour, then if nobody shows up, ask a staff member to remove the stuff and take the lounger. If the staff are no where to be found, dump the stuff in the trash. If anyone shows up, fain ignorance about the location of their stuff and say the lounger was empty when you arrived. If they kick up a stink, call a staff member - just say in a loud, but firm voice "Security!". They'll either go away, or the staff member will advise them that reserving seats is not allowed.

Let me tell you something about these wannabe BULLIES. They don't intimidate me and shouldn't you either.

I have had to discard of items on several occasions and I won't hesitate to do it in a second. And I have had people come back way LATER and want to try to talk some trash. People need to pick their battles and this is one they will not win. At least not where I am concerned. If someone runs to get a drink, bathroom or something that is one thing. I will watch for awhile before I would discard of someones items. By discard I mean put their stuff in a pile over on the deck. But I have been cruising since the late 60's and I am not going to let some soccer mom try to stop me from my enjoyment.

Take these words to heart and sleep as late as you want to. You are on vacation.

We were on the GLORY three weeks ago. I was up and on the LIDO deck every morning (Sea Days) by 7:30. My friends and I would grab our lounges early, but we did NOT save anything for our husbands. If and when they decided to join us, they sat on the end of the lounge for a little while and then headed to the shade.

Anyway, every morning we noticed groups of six and eight lounges already reserved at 7:30. I honestly think people came out at 6:00 a.m., put out their magazines, shoes, etc. and then went back to bed.

Not one morning did I see ANYONE arrive at ANY of these chairs before 10:00.

I really think that the little Carnival guys that are walking around at 8:00 and trying to sell me a drink should instead be removing items from the lounge chairs that are sitting "reserved" at that hour of the morning.

this will be my honeymoon cruise and I wont put up with chair hogs. If I see a couple of chairs that I want to sit in and there is stuff in them. I will wait a little bit (in case they went for a dip in the pool, or to the bar, or to the bathroom or whatever) and then their stuff will get dumped off the chair. Its that simple.

Despite all the hullabaloo about chair hogs I was always able to find a place to lay out on our recent Ecstacy cruise. Being out on deck is a highlight of my sea days but I'm not going to go so far as getting up early just to get a space. Isn't that sort of stress the very thing we are trying to leave behind when we cruise?

6 or 7 a.m. and they are already preetty much taken. At least that was the case in our last spring break cruise with the new Carnival Freedom earlier this month.:)

There are no "chair hogs" on cruises. Just lazy people who sleep in and then are upset when a particular chair they want is taken. I've been on many cruises and have never seen a chair hog. Ever. Don't listen to all the lies about chair hogs they don't exist.

yeah I don't understand this...how much do you really want to be right by the pool? It's loud and people walk by and drip water on you and in your drink. I never had a problem finding a lounge chair on my cruise, and it was a spring break cruise--I was just usually away from the pool. Fine by me. I'm less likely to have someone walk into me on their way to the slide and I don't have to listen to the calypso band all day (I like them, but it's hard to relax if you are right near the stage).

Just eat the fruit!:D

You will be able to get a chair on the Lido, it's just the ones that are directly around the pool area that are highly coveted.

I agree with the above poster- I'd rather sit back a few rows and avoid the chaos. The waiter will still bring me drinks, and that's pretty much all I need!;)

I haven't seen a chair hog problem personally I am sure it happens. Like others I don't need to be by the pool. I actually like being by the Carnival provided showers that you can find around the lido, panorama, and spa decks. This allows me to cool off and that is all I would really use a pool for anyway as well as having someone one serving me a drink or two. If I did run into a chair hog problem I wouldn't have a problem with moving someone stuff. Now I wouldn't just move anyone's but you can normally tell when things are left just to save the lounger.

Want to be sure to get the spot you want?

When you get done at the dance club around 3:00am, just go out on deck, pull one off of the stack, put it where you want it and crash. You can sleep until the bar service starts coming around at about 10:00.

Archived