One chocolate - many memories!!

cstory3

Yesterday I found a Cunard pillow chocolate, from our September 07 TA, under a pile of papers. Attached to it was a sticky note from my husband to remind me, on this our second voyage, how excited we were to return to our cabin after dinner on the first night and find they were still putting chocolates on the pillows! After 31 years of marriage he still writes romantic notes, anyway I ate the chocolate with my tea this morning and thought about all the lovely memories we have from this crossing. The fantastic sailway from New York together with our friends from England, the wonderful dinners, catching up on old times over cheese and port! One of the many highlights was getting to meet John Cleese at his book signing - my DH is proud of the fact that he made him laugh by what he wanted written in the book! Then we arrived, perfectly relaxed, in Southampton and were met by my brother and whisked off to lovely Norfolk for a few days. Our next crossing on QM2 will not be until May 09 but that won't stop me thinking about it every day! I don't post very often on these boards but I do read them every day and especially enjoyed Malcolm's World Cruise reports, thanks.

I am also in Atlanta (Duluth) - I am back on QM2 May 22 - looking forward to it. I enjoyed your comment - I am constantly finding those chocolates - I tend to tuck them away - found some this weekend cleaning out my kitchen cabinets. Funny how a little thing can bring back memories - sweet!

gardenbunny - we live just outside Chamblee. Hope you enjoy your cruise on May 22nd, have you been to Halifax before? We had a lovely port call there last year on a Celebrity ship, really enjoyed the Maritime Museum and walking along the harbour front.

I bring most of mine home because I figure I've eaten enough sweets in the dining room.

I store them away and occasionally have one with a cup of tea in my QM2 mug until sadly the last one is gone.

cstory - we are close! I have a lot of family history in Chamblee. My parents went to Chamblee High. My mother was born in Chamblee at one of the houses that is now an antique shop. First time to Halifax. I have saved info on Nova Scotia since 2001 - so this only gets me to one part, but I couldn't pass up the great price for this nice 5-day trip on QM2. Looking forward to walking around Halifax and the public garden and hoping to get out to Peggy's Cove.

I bring most of mine home because I figure I've eaten enough sweets in the dining room.

I store them away and occasionally have one with a cup of tea in my QM2 mug until sadly the last one is gone.

I give all mine to my husband, not that I don't like chocolate, I LOVE it but am very fussy...being Swiss I only eat dark Lindt chocolate..he hides them all in his bedside table at home...after about 2 months back from a cruise he'll suddenly say: It's time to go back on the QE2...down to my last few chocolates !

Yesterday I found a Cunard pillow chocolate, from our September 07 TA, under a pile of papers. Attached to it was a sticky note from my husband to remind me, on this our second voyage, how excited we were to return to our cabin after dinner on the first night and find they were still putting chocolates on the pillows! After 31 years of marriage he still writes romantic notes, anyway I ate the chocolate with my tea this morning and thought about all the lovely memories we have from this crossing. The fantastic sailway from New York together with our friends from England, the wonderful dinners, catching up on old times over cheese and port! One of the many highlights was getting to meet John Cleese at his book signing - my DH is proud of the fact that he made him laugh by what he wanted written in the book! Then we arrived, perfectly relaxed, in Southampton and were met by my brother and whisked off to lovely Norfolk for a few days. Our next crossing on QM2 will not be until May 09 but that won't stop me thinking about it every day! I don't post very often on these boards but I do read them every day and especially enjoyed Malcolm's World Cruise reports, thanks.

Malcolms' world cruise blog was wonderfully interesting, it made me feel as though l was on the voyage too!

There have been some fabulous reviews written about QE2 and QM2, a must read for anyone sailing on either ship. I can't find the link on here , but there is another Cunard related site that l find very helpful and informative.

As for the Cunard chocolates, l always keep mine to bring home.

Whenever l have a dinner party l proudly display them on my after dinner mint/chocolate/truffle plate but forbid anyone to take one! I suppose you could say it's just me showing off ;)

Jackie:)

Oh my husband does a similar thing...when we have friends to stay he puts one on their pillow...fortunately they never seem to eat them ...I always find them after they've left, so they go straight back into my husbands drawer...we have 3 more cruises booked on QE2 before she goes so it doesn't matter how long he takes to eat them!

Archived