• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

I forgot how this goes (key to room)

AJI2596

since it has been awhile. When we get to the pier and check-in, do we get the keys then? Or do we have to wait? TIA:)

I am getting so excited and a million things are running through my head:D

You're excited so here's some reading material to keep you busy for a while and hopefully make you more excited !!!!

Here's the drill(may change slightly depending upon the port): Arrive at port terminal and find a porter and hand checked baggage off-tipping the porter of coarse ;) enter building and get in line-hopefully a short one:) just before going through security be asked to see your fun pass and passport and then proceed to security screening for your carry on. Now its time to proceed to another line-again, hopefully short, to get checked in and get your sail and sign card-YEAH! Now, if the ship isn't ready for you to board yet, hopefully you'll find a reasonable comfortable waiting area and you may be given a number card for your party. If you think you're excited now wait until then! When its time to board they will first board wedding parties and VIP and then start calling number-once they start the process it goes pretty fast, if you arrive later after checking in you may be able to just proceed up an escalator or through a hallway to have your embarkation photo taken, you can say no if you want to! Now its time to proceed to the next, hopefully short line that's actually ON THE SHIP --whoo Hoo !! This is the point where you really start saying over and over and over again I CAN'T BELIEVE WE'RE REALLY FINALLY HERE :D hand them your sail and sign card and they will take a picture and then hand your card back to you and you are offically cruising and ready to go find your first foo foo drink !!! Enjoy !!! I'm jealous I've still got 156 more days to go !

Here's the drill(may change slightly depending upon the port): Arrive at port terminal and find a porter and hand checked baggage off-tipping the porter of coarse ;) enter building and get in line-hopefully a short one:) just before going through security be asked to see your fun pass and passport and then proceed to security screening for your carry on. Now its time to proceed to another line-again, hopefully short, to get checked in and get your sail and sign card-YEAH! Now, if the ship isn't ready for you to board yet, hopefully you'll find a reasonable comfortable waiting area and you may be given a number card for your party. If you think you're excited now wait until then! When its time to board they will first board wedding parties and VIP and then start calling number-once they start the process it goes pretty fast, if you arrive later after checking in you may be able to just proceed up an escalator or through a hallway to have your embarkation photo taken, you can say no if you want to! Now its time to proceed to the next, hopefully short line that's actually ON THE SHIP --whoo Hoo !! This is the point where you really start saying over and over and over again I CAN'T BELIEVE WE'RE REALLY FINALLY HERE :D hand them your sail and sign card and they will take a picture and then hand your card back to you and you are offically cruising and ready to go find your first foo foo drink !!! Enjoy !!! I'm jealous I've still got 156 more days to go !

Good General Summary!

You're excited so here's some reading material to keep you busy for a while and hopefully make you more excited !!!!

Thank you so much!! This is perfect:D

Do you know by any chance if I can use the stroller the entire way?

Thank you so much!! This is perfect:D

Do you know by any chance if I can use the stroller the entire way?

Glad you liked the "what to expect". It looks like your sailing out of NY and I've not used that port so I can't answer your question for certain. The ports that I've been in that have escalators also have elevators for those that need them so I think it is possible you could use an elevator if you needed to. Other ports do not have any kind of stairs and only long ramps which would be fine with a stroller. Have fun !!!

Archived