Booking for next year's hurricane season

spongerob

Except for our honeymoon cruise in March we've always cruised the Caribbean in Sept or Oct and have friends who do the same. Even though we've had some tense hurricane-tracking moments those worked out to be the best cruises...the weather and ocean are still warm and the fares are good.

We always take insurance, though not Princess and not particularly for hurricanes...mostly in case of family, job or health emergencies.

Is my advice to abandon a cruise during next year's cane season...? :p I wouldn't.

Just got back from a hurricane-extended cruise with a group and going again next year in September on Caribbean Princess.. We have cruised nearly every fall for about 8 years and never had bad weather - warm, sunny, very calm seas except for about 18 hours this time with swells from Hurr. Jeanne. We have had our itineary changed from west to east once and then this time extended two days and added a call at Labadee. But I do love my sea days so even if we got stuck on a ship for 4 or 5 days that would be fine with me.. You just have to be a bit flexible..

If anyone wants to cruise next September on the Caribbean Princess we have some great rates.. check it out.

Archived