Honeymooners...

Ours will be both a wedding and honeymoon. We feel a little weird having friends and family on the cruise as it's a little like everyone will be tagging along on our honeymoon, but I guess that's the nature of the beast with a combined wedding/honeymoon situation like we'll have. I just hope everyone respects our privacy and desire for some "alone time" away from our families and the friends who've said they want to attend.

Did anyone else have the same concerns about it feeling like family tagging along on the honeymoon? If so, how did you handle the situation? Did you tactfully talk to your family members and friends ahead of time about your desire for privacy? If so, how did you approach it and what did you say.

Sorry, I appear to be getting off your main subject so perhaps I will start a new thread with these questions.

I was originally going to have my wedding ceremony on board a cruise ship but after reading about some of the disasters that TWE/Royal Romance caused for some brides I decided against it. They lost me as a customer;). I also wrote to the cruise lines to tell them that in support of some of the brides who had there day ruined by TWE/RR.

Anyway, back to your question...Yes we are taking a Mexican Riviera cruise our of Los Angeles for part of our honeymoon! We are leaving on November 8th, 08 on the Sapphire Princess and we have a mini suite on Emerald deck with an extra large balcony. We can't wait!!!!:D

To Karen and Andy-if you are so concerned with having privacy don't invite them on the cruise..just get married in port. This way they attend the ceremony on board and then they leave before the ship sets sail. I don't think there is a tactful way to tell your guests who paid a full cruise fare to celebrate your wedding to "leave you alone". Good luck with your wedding plans:)

My friend Jennifer's wedding was in port before embarking and while it was nice, it didn't really have that exotic feel. We are thinking of either a wedding offboard at one of the stops or while at sea. It just seems like the ceremony loses that special something if the ship isn't even sailing or away from port.

We are doing a private wedding in Hawaii the morning we get on the ship... so it will just be the two of us and then just the two of us on the cruise :)... We have been together for 12 years so we actually wouldnt have minded some other people going as well LOL just cuz it would be fun... but none of our friends wanted to have the expense of flying over there etc.. we are hoping to make some friends early in the 7 day cruise because we got upgraded to an owners suite and will have lots of space to have a little party or something and we have a jacuzzi on the balcony!! It almost feels like a waste for just two people lol... we are very social so hopefully we can make some friends early on

Last May I went on a 7 day Alaska Honeymoon Cruise. It was the best. We do not drink so did not do any special wine and rose cruise decoration that NCL offers. We just had a inside room but really wish we would of had a balcony. We did not expect lots of honeymooners but there were probably 6 different couples that were married the day before we departed. I had my wedding in Las Vegas (live there) then we flew out to Seattle the next morning. It was tons of fun!

We will be having our honeymoon on the NCL Dawn to Bermuda on Aug. 3, 2008! We've never been on a cruise before, but we can't wait to go! I wanted to cruise and he wanted to go to Bermuda...so we compromised!! :)

Congrats! What cabin did you book, out of curiosity?

hmmm... well, we are getting married in Miami (which for us IS exotic. we're from northern MI haha) but we simply told people that they are invited to the wedding and the cruise is our honeymoon. There are other ships sailing that week if they wanted to enjoy a cruise. We're only having three people attend anyway so it's not a concern anymore. BUT we are planning to cruise with all our friends and family in the fall of 09.

• 3 weeks later...

We are taking our honeymoon on Carnival Valor 9/14/08. Has anyone done a honeymoon cruise via Carnival. Do they offer any special perks. We are taking the same ship we sailed on in November 07 because it is where we got engaged. Extra perks or not..I can't wait.

http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Valor914rollcall/

Carnival Valor - November 2007

countdown.pl?name=JandRMcCabe&date=9-14-2008&image=Beach-8&text=Honeymoon cruise here we come!!!&ship=Carnival Valor

Our honeymoon will be on the NCL Pearl, cruising Alaska September 14-21. My birthday is also September 14, so we'll really be celebrating!

Our wedding is actually on September 6 in Minnesota. Since we have so many people traveling in from out of state, we didn't want to have to rush to leave after the wedding. We thought a week between would work out well. :D

Hi All! We are getting married in our home town and then we will be taking a honeymoon cruise on the Freedom of the Seas with Royal Caribbean. We will be on the September 28th Sailing! We will be visiting the Western Caribbean ports of Labadee, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel! Can't wait!

Hi Everyone!!

My fiance (Mike) and I are getting married on October 25 in our home state of NJ and will be leaving the next day on the Caribean Princess!! We can not wait!! :D

Lots of luck to all of you with up coming weddings!!!

I was married April 26 in my hometown in Wisconsin. We flew to the Tampa/St. Pete area the following Wednesday, April 30. We spent the four nights before our cruise on St. Pete Beach, then left on the Carnival Legend out of Tampa on May 4. I posted a full review of my whole trip; the link to that and to my pictures are in my signature.

To answer someone's question, we received no perks from Carnival. We had already booked a suite, so no visit from what is called the upgrade fairy either. But like someone else said, perks or no perks... still a great cruise!

Well, we did get an additional dessert and had our server team sing to us in recognition one night in the dining room, but that was not pre-arranged necessarily. My server asked us at some point during that dinner if it was our honeymoon. The next night, they asked if our tablemates were celebrating their anniversary, so they got a dessert and recognition that night. It seemed that Tuesday was honeymoon night and Wednesday was anniversary night. We saw other servers at their tables doing the same each of those nights as well.

Hey Everyone,

Laura and I are getting married in our home town on Jan. 3rd, 2009. Next day we'll drive down the NY and meet up with NCL and the Gem for a 10 day honeymoon cruise. Booked a Romance Suite, so we're both curious to see what, if any, perks we'll get to enjoy. Having already done this cruise, we're more excited about it then the wedding. Can't wait to get back onto the water....

Chris -

• 3 weeks later...

We're getting married on October 12, then we're leaving out of Rome on a 12-day cruise through the Med. on Grand Princess. It's my first cruise since the Big Red Boat and his first cruise EVER. So, we are super excited!!! I can hardly stand waiting the 102 days until we leave for Rome. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived