Princess Balcony Pics and Details

Stuartm

One of the most often asked questions on this forum concerns which cabins have which size balcony and are they fully covered, half covered etc etc. I'm sure there are lots of pix out there but I'm certain there is always room for more. If you follow the link at the very bottom of this post you will find two pictures. One (hopefully) shows the difference between the balconies on Baja, Caribe and Dolphin deck and the other is a shot of the Dolphin and Emerald deck Mini-suite balconies.

Below I have included information I found on this forum concerning the size of the balconies. If I knew who the author of the following information was I would acknowledge them but I copied this to my computer some time ago and didn't take note of the poster...so if it is you.....thank you!

Princess balconies Summary: The following refers to 'side' balconies only, i.e. those on starboard or port sides of any ‘Grand’ class ship (Grand, Golden, Star, Diamond, Sapphire, Caribbean, Crown, Emerald etc)....

Baja deck balconies are sized 9 ft. wide x 5 ft. deep and have full ceiling overhang. Lido, Aloha, Riviera decks have the same side balconies with full ceiling overhang. You can stand at the railing of these balconies and look down on to part of the Caribe deck balconies and all of the Dolphin deck balconies.

Caribe deck balconies are sized 9 ft. wide x 9 ft. deep and have ceiling overhang over the first 5 ft. Standing at the railing, you will overlook Dolphin deck balconies below.

Dolphin deck balconies (all balcony cabins are actually mini-suites and thus bigger than regular balcony cabins on the interior with sitting area, 2nd TV and bathtub/shower combination instead of the small shower stall found in the regular balcony cabins). The balcony is sized 9 ft. wide x 7 ft. deep and has no ceiling overhang as protection from sun or rain.

Emerald deck has several mini-suites each side with fully covered balconies. The last mini-suite cabin towards aft end on each side has extra wide balcony. Emerald deck also has some regular balcony cabins near the front that have the balconies set back under the roof and back from the railing. You look straight out to the water but cannot look down on the water. The walking track goes past these balconies and walkers can see you on your balcony. I do not have any measurements for these Emerald deck balcony sizes.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563286324HHwMgb

If the link doesn't work I'm sure someone will tell me...it is my first attempt!

Oh, thanks for those great photos! We will actually be on one of those covered Emerald deck mini-suite balconies TOMORROW! Sailing on Star Princess's first Alaska cruise of the season. I feel so fortunate to have booked in time to get the covered balcony for what will probably be a somewhat chilly and wet cruise.

Barbara

Thank you soooo much for this info.

We are looking at Princess, Alaska 2010 Rt San Francisco, because DH won't fly anywhere.

We love HAL, and their balconies are pretty straight forward, but I was confused with all the differences with Princess.

So, thanks again.

Pat

One of the most often asked questions on this forum concerns which cabins have which size balcony and are they fully covered, half covered etc etc. I'm sure there are lots of pix out there but I'm certain there is always room for more. If you follow the link at the very bottom of this post you will find two pictures. One (hopefully) shows the difference between the balconies on Baja, Caribe and Dolphin deck and the other is a shot of the Dolphin and Emerald deck Mini-suite balconies.

Below I have included information I found on this forum concerning the size of the balconies. If I knew who the author of the following information was I would acknowledge them but I copied this to my computer some time ago and didn't take note of the poster...so if it is you.....thank you!

Princess balconies Summary: The following refers to 'side' balconies only, i.e. those on starboard or port sides of any ‘Grand’ class ship (Grand, Golden, Star, Diamond, Sapphire, Caribbean, Crown, Emerald etc)....

Baja deck balconies are sized 9 ft. wide x 5 ft. deep and have full ceiling overhang. Lido, Aloha, Riviera decks have the same side balconies with full ceiling overhang. You can stand at the railing of these balconies and look down on to part of the Caribe deck balconies and all of the Dolphin deck balconies.

Cabins B746 and B747 on Baja Deck look like they have larger balconies (from the deck plans, anyhow); does anyone know if this is so?

The balconies aft on the Baja deck are larger than a typical standard balcony cabin on Baja deck. This picture was taken last week on the Crown Princess. I believe I heard it was something like 10 x 11. The view was awesome. It was fully covered but we did get sun depending on the position of the ship. It was nice because we did not get the wind like we did on the side balconies. Very private and peaceful.

1116357458_CrownPrincessbalcony.jpg.6f2674cd0a51605fdc09f3bb15a4f4bd.jpg

Archived