NYC Transit pass?

We are going to be in NYC for 3 days before cruise.Does NYC have a day pass you can buy for buses and subways?

What is the cost?

Also what is the cost for buses and subway single fare within the Manhattan area?

I believe its $7.50 per day(the day starts when you first swipe it and ends at 2 in the morning-not 24 consecutive hours).

A single fare is $2.00 on the bus you need exact change change(coins)...on the subway you can buy single $2.00 fare or a metro card in 4.00 or more increments....the metro card is better to have since it allows free transfers which many time would otherwise be an additional $2.00

. On the metrocard you get a 15% bonuses so about 14.00 metrocard gets you 8 not seven rides.

a one week pass card is $25.00 useful if you are there more than 3 days.

http://www.mta.info/nyct/index.html I believe.

one more point. You can use a cash amount metrocard for more than one person(you can swipe up to 4 times at one place with it) at $2.00 per. An unlimited card can only be used once at any station- until 20 minutes passes and then it can be used again at the same station. The subway is almost always faster than surface transit.

and Metrocards can be sued on the buses I reread my post and I may have given the impression that you can use coins only-you can also use a metrocard just not paper currency or credit cards. At the metrocard issuing machines you can use credit cards and any type of US currency(i have never tried 2 dollar bills)...change is given in US one dollar coins from the metrocard machines which are available in the subway only-they aren't on the buses.

Archived