Back To Back Cruise Question

zbar

We will be taking a back to back cruise this June on the Valor and would love to hear from some folks that have done this before. We are just really curious as to what will happen on that Sunday when we change cruises. We are booked for the same cabin so therefor we have been told that we may keep our belongings in our room. Can anybody that has done a back to back trip please tell me what you do on the change over day. Are you confined to your rooms? Or kicked out of your rooms? Ect... Thanks a bunch in advance!

Z :)

We had to meet earlier than most meet, 9:30, but it was a smaller ship. After the last PAX were leaving they walked our small group of about 8 thru a fast line in customs (others were still going thru) and then over to a desk and gave us our sea pass cards for the next cruise and walked us back on.

We went thru earlier than most, but we had several hours by ourselves and I spent them up at the pool deck just enjoying having it to myself. At least one of the 8 of us was a crew members wife.

We will be taking a back to back cruise this June on the Valor and would love to hear from some folks that have done this before. We are just really curious as to what will happen on that Sunday when we change cruises. We are booked for the same cabin so therefor we have been told that we may keep our belongings in our room. Can anybody that has done a back to back trip please tell me what you do on the change over day. Are you confined to your rooms? Or kicked out of your rooms? Ect... Thanks a bunch in advance!

Z :)

We've done both a B2B and a B2B2B and here was our experience.... we received a letter the last evening of the cruise telling us to meet down by the purser's desk at 10:30 the morning of debarkation. After the last passenger is off the ship we were excorted off the ship, through customs and back onto the ship. Sometimes you'll have an hour or more on the ship before anyone else boards. You can go to your cabin or go hang out on deck. It's fun...you'll love the B2B! They also gave us a bottle of champagne on the 2nd cruise.

We've done both a B2B and a B2B2B and here was our experience.... we received a letter the last evening of the cruise telling us to meet down by the purser's desk at 10:30 the morning of debarkation. After the last passenger is off the ship we were excorted off the ship, through customs and back onto the ship. Sometimes you'll have an hour or more on the ship before anyone else boards. You can go to your cabin or go hang out on deck. It's fun...you'll love the B2B! They also gave us a bottle of champagne on the 2nd cruise.

My experience was similar except there was also chocolate covered strawberries in my cabin for the second cruise.:D

Make sure you tell you cabin steward that you will be staying for another week. There was a story on here a few weeks ago about a person doing a BTB cruise and when they came back on all there stuff was gone out of the Cabin.

We talked to our steward letting him know that we would be on the following week also and then reminded him again on the last day and he got us some instructions on when to go down to the lobby to do the on/off routine. It was very easy, we went back to our cabin, got on our suits and off to the pool to watch all of the newbies come on board. It was fun fun fun! We are doing another one this fall on the Freedom.

My experience was similar except there was also chocolate covered strawberries in my cabin for the second cruise.:D

I think it varies by ship...on the B2B2B we ended up with 3 plates of choc. covered straberries, champagne, drink coupons, photo coupons....they were very generous on the Fascination!:D

On this topic...

What do I put on my FunPass as the mode of transportation after the 1st cruise?

I finally just put in taxi because otherwise it wouldn't let me complete the Fun Pass

So have I and it has been different every time.

The last b2b2b was almost the same as you stated. There was a little snag on both but it was handled different each time. I too got the champagne on the 2nd and 3rd. I got stwarberries the 2nd time and was told it was for b2b but didn't get them on the 3rd.:(

I think that is funny about the strawberries, I just did a back to back on the Valor, in February and all my friends that did the back to back asked me if I got my strawberries, and I thought they were pulling my leg, they kept telling me to go down and tell them I did not get them, but I thought they were trying to make me look silly, going and asking for strawberries. so I did not go , I am going on the Glory next February on another back to back hopefully they will not forget me again

We were on a Triumph B2B years ago and it is as easy as everyone says. LOVED having the ship all to myself for a few hours. I even offered to help the stewards vaccuum! :D We are doing a B2B on Spirit to AK but with a twist. We will be in different cabins. 1/2 we couldn't get "our" aft wraparound, so we "settled" for extended balcony, same deck. So I guess we will be moving our stuff down the hall. But if you can't get in your cabin until after 1-2pm, where do we store our stuff? Can we ask to have the 2/2 cabin made up first thing? And another question: we will be in Vancouver. I would like to get off the ship and explore. Ship doesn't leave until 5:30. Do I have to go thru all the lines and all that, or can I "cut" to the front and just show my sign and sale card and get right on the ship (such as I would do if it was port day-except for the "cutting" part! :rolleyes: )

'And don't forget to buy your liquor on the last night of the first leg to carry back to your cabin and enjoy on the 2nd leg'

You mean the liquor WILL be delivered to your cabin, even if they know you're sailing again :D WOW, now that's a perk!!

We are doing a BTB in October 2009, and can't wait :)

Tracy in Neb.

Wow I cant wait for the strawberries! Thanks for all the replies! I just know that they shut off the coriadors to the cabins for a while when they start embarkation so I didnt know if we would have to commit to being in our room or the pool or something. I did read the thread about the family that had all their stuff thrown away :eek: . I told my DH and he started freaking out!

Archived