HAL Signature Baggage Service & Vancouver

ekuhlman

Our cruise ends at Vancouver on the Volendam and is scheduled to dock there at 7 am on June 15th.

We want to take advantage of HAL's Signature Baggage servcie and US/Direct when disembarking. We have a Northwest flight out of Vancouver scheduled for 12:20 pm heading to Baltimore, MD.

According to HAL, in order to utilize this service , several conditions must be met:

Airport = Vancouver (OK)

Air carrier = Northwest = (OK)

No more than 23 checkd bags = (OK)

Must be US citizens - (OK)

Earliest flight available in "MOST" ports = 1 pm

That's where we don't quite fit the mold... our flight leaves at 12:20 pm

But they use the wording "MOST" ports... and I can't get a definitive answer from anyone at HAL about whether Vancouver is considered in the "MOST" ports category.

Have any of you utilized this service from Vancouver with a flight leaving before 1 pm.?

I'm told that we will find out for sure once we board the ship on the 8th of June.

However, for planning purposes, it would really be nice to know in advance.

I've received the same answer from my TA, e-mail via the HAL web site, and talking directly to a HAL rep, so at least everyone has the same story. Just no one seems to know the complete answer.

Thanks.

I asked the same question, but for Seattle, on another thread. The response was that the Dept of Homeland Security chooses who qualifies for this service and you can't find out until towards the end of your cruise.

I also heard that if you use this service, you need to take Hal's transfer to the airport, so the idea of touring around is out the door. I can't confirm the accuracy of this but figure most on these boards would know.

Archived