POAm brownies

robinsra

O.K. I do not understand why the cruise would do away with two things, brownies and onion rings. I have read a lot of reviews everyone agreed that the brownie and onion rings were the best in the Cadillac Diner. With the way people are not 100% satisfied with the food why they would do away with the one (two) thing people loved. I just do't get it. My 2 cents

I was shocked when I found out the brownie dessert was gone from the Cadillac Diner. I even gave up one of my favorite desserts when we were eating in Lahaina one night, cuz we planned on coming back to the ship to go to the Cadillac Diner for dessert.

If you do go there for dessert, get the cheesecake. The other thing was awful, though it was probably because the pound cake got stale and hard.

Then, when I went there for a pre-dinner snack, I find they don't have the onion rings. I never found onion rings anywhere on the ship all week - not at the bar & grill, not at the Aloha Cafe, nothin'.

NCL sent me a survey to fill out via email... I'll have to specifically mention the brownie dessert and the onion rings. Hey, if we all do it, maybe they'll bring 'em back!

ND

I agree, it upset me when I read your review that they were both gone. I even made a post to NCL forum hoping James would respond. So far, no one seemed to care. Everyone raved about the both so much, I was sure I'd get a reponse.

Come up to the buffet for this fix. Take a bowl, put a few brownies in a bowl and ask a waiter to warm it up. Then put on some ice cream and some chocolate sauce. To make sure it passes the 2,000 calorie mark add some whipped cream! Just becasue the Diner might not have it you can still get it! Find me and I will make you one. :cool:

Thanks, James. I won't be there till next April, hope you will still be there. Chocolate is my passion and I got excited reading about it untill someone posted the other day it was gone. I thought you worked in the formal dining room? Do you work in both?

Thanks, James. I won't be there till next April, hope you will still be there. Chocolate is my passion and I got excited reading about it untill someone posted the other day it was gone. I thought you worked in the formal dining room? Do you work in both?

No! I can't handle those main dining rooms! I work just in the buffet (Aloha Cafe)

True Story: after the Cadillac Diner waitress informed me the brownie sundae was no longer available, I turned to my wife and said "Oh, boy, this is not going to go over well on the CruiseCritic boards!"

I too was really disappointed about this. Debbie (Cadilac Diner) tried to make me one special, but came back and said she couldn't. I tried to make my own in the Aloha but it was just OK. I didn't think to ask someone to heat it and couldn't find any cream to put on it. Also I think what makes them good is hot fudge sauce, not just chocolate syrup.

Come up to the buffet for this fix. Take a bowl, put a few brownies in a bowl and ask a waiter to warm it up. Then put on some ice cream and some chocolate sauce. To make sure it passes the 2,000 calorie mark add some whipped cream! Just becasue the Diner might not have it you can still get it! Find me and I will make you one. :cool:

I may hold you to this (do I need to smuggle some hot fudge sauce aboard for full effect?)... see you on the July 19th cruise!

I just completed my post-cruise online survey as requested by NCL. To the question "If you were the president of NCL, what would you do to enhance this cruise for people like you?" (or something to that effect), I answered "Bring back the brownie sundae and the onion rings in the Cadillac Diner!"

Here's hoping this somehow helps all you future cruisers.

Thanks for finding out. I wonder why cruisers were told that? Someone posted that just had gotten off the cruise about 2 weeks ago. Maybe they were just out of them that night. Thank You So Much!!

We went for lunch one day and they were not on the menu. They were not on the menu posted outside the diner either. Is this something you just have to know about and ask for?

Not that I needed those extra calories anyway - I was getting plenty! ;)

Just spoke to my friend Laura who works there and she said the brownies never left so enjoy them!

Your friend Laura is not correct. :p No brownie sundae available in the Cadillac Diner 5/17 - 5/24... I was there!

I just returned from the May 31st-June 7th sailing. I had the Brownie Sundae twice in the Diner. Its not on the menu but I had no problem getting it. It is wonderful!!! Best dessert that I had on board!:)

Archived