Cabin choices on Tahitian Princess

Parapara

We are thinking of doing a cruise on this ship next year ( she is to be renamed Ocean Princess by then). Could anyone give me an idea which of the following cabins would be the better choice. 6041 which has its view obscured by a life boat ( but cheaper) or the following on deck 4- 4026 4037 4039 4048 or 4050. On deck plans there are a lot of blank spaces. What are these does anyone know? We would like a quiet cabin midship and as the cruise is 31 days the cabin choice is probably fairly important.

Many thanks for any advice.

Seeing you are going to be on the ship for 31 days and some of that may be bad weather the inside caban may not be for you. But look at it this way there are many places on the ship that you can just hang out and enjoy the view. I look at my caban as just a place to sleep. Said that we have a penthouse on this ship in November 19 sailing. That is because my wife is in a wheelchair and does not do a lot of things we do. We have been on six cuises and have enjoyed every one. They are what you make of them and you are on vacation. I wish we could be on one for 31 days, even on this small ship. What I have seen in pictures of it we are looking forward to sailing on this ship. Have fun.

We were on deck 7 also - but LOVE the mini-suites on this ship - they are the largest we have ever had in 25 cruises. Having said that, for our WC 2009 on this ship we have a balcony cabin due to price for 107 days!!!

Good luck on your decision. :confused:

With it being such a small ship - I say that either option should work because you're only one deck away from an outside deck (5). In 6041 it doesn't look like you'd have any chance to "peek" outside. Are there any other cabins in those 2 categories available that might offer a glimpse of the outside? We originally had cabin 6045 (partially obstructed) booked and then went ahead and spent the extra bucks for a balcony for our Alaskan cruise next week. We're usually ones that don't need a balcony and in our 18 cruises have only had one other balcony...(sorry off topic). My point being that we usually book for location. I hope lots of others give their input and then you weigh the pros/cons and do what feels right for you.

Enjoy

We are thinking of doing a cruise on this ship next year ( she is to be renamed Ocean Princess by then). Could anyone give me an idea which of the following cabins would be the better choice. 6041 which has its view obscured by a life boat ( but cheaper) or the following on deck 4- 4026 4037 4039 4048 or 4050. On deck plans there are a lot of blank spaces. What are these does anyone know? We would like a quiet cabin midship and as the cruise is 31 days the cabin choice is probably fairly important.

Many thanks for any advice.

The entrance to the medical center is directly across from 4026 area.

I know this for a fact because I was on the Pacific Princess...and spent too much time in there when I had to be super glued back together during rough seas...

lots of truly sick people in there with germs floating around your corridor and an occasion puke puddle... :eek:

On the Pacific Princess only 3 chairs inside medical center,

so people stood outside waiting.

You asked! :D

The additional blank space adjacent is medical rooms/storage..

DH and I were in 4024 on Tahitian for a 12-day Papeete to Honolulu trip in August 2006. During the middle of the day we'd often hear a rather loud mechanical noise that sounded something like a very powerful power drill. One day we were on deck 3 to board tenders and we noticed that there was a Machine Shop just about below where cabin 4024 would be.

Other than this -- and the noise wasn't constant -- it was a nice ocean view cabin. The window was long and deep enough for me to put pillows in it and make it into an almost full-length window seat.

I was in 4042 on the Royal Princess and loved the location. Very, very quiet but convenient to everything. I would think that any of the deck 4 cabins would be fine except perhaps 4026 due to it's proximity to the Medical Center.

Would appreciate any info on aft cabins such as 6093.

Thanks very much!

Was in this cabin for 11 days in May. It's a comfortable room. You will be jealous of the suite next door. Has a great balcony, small couch, shower. The drawers in the dresser stuck. We love the aft cabins on ships & this cabin was fine. You will enjoy.

Here is a link to Tom and Lorraine Kennedy's photos of Cabin 6093 on the Pacific Princess, sister to Tahitian Princess.

We have this cabin booked on Tahitian Capetown to Singapore next year, and stayed in aft cabin one deck above on Royal down the Amazon in March this year. Excellent views of wake, no side ocean breezes while sailing, gorgeous bridge views when leaving port. Great location.

Archived