NCL rasies Fuel Surcharge to $11....Can RC be far behind?

NCL announced fuel surcharges will raise from $9 to $11 per passenger effective for cruises booked on or after June 20th.......

I'm guessing RC can't be far behind......

Thank goodness I have my next cruises booked and don't have the fuel surcharge on the long one (TA). As for Carnival I think you can still beat the increase if you book now. I have one Next Cruise to use and one Phantom on Princess to use as well but outside of something for the fall of 09 I can't think that far out.

what is the current RC charge?

The Surcharge: For all Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. lines -- Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Cruises -- a fuel supplement of $5 per person, per day, applies for the first two guests in a stateroom on bookings made from November 16, 2007, to April 30, 2008. The surcharge may not exceed $70 per person, per sailing. On bookings made on or after May 1, 2008, the surcharge is $8 per person, per day, for the first two passengers in a stateroom, and $3 per person, per day, for any additional passengers sharing the stateroom. The surcharge may not exceed $112 per person, per sailing, for the first two passengers, and $42 per person, per sailing, for additional passengers.

RCCL has also announced that their international guests will have to pay as well. The European Union's Eurozone will be charged 3.50 EUR (not to exceed 49 EUR); Switzerland: 2.50 CHF (not to exceed 77 CHF); Denmark: 25.50 DKK (not to exceed 357 DKK); Sweden: 32 SEK (not to exceed 448 SEK); and Norway: 27 NOK (not to exceed 378 NOK).

Pullmantur Cruises, the Madrid-based, wholly owned subsidiary of Royal Caribbean Cruise Ltd., has also implemented a fuel supplement of 50 euros for its tours and cruises that depart on or after January 1, 2008.

I am sure that RCL will be raising fuel costs again but I won't allow, even a $5.00 increase from what it is now ruin my cruise. I can look at it this way, pay (for example) $100.00 more in fuel costs or stay home and be miserable because I am not on a cruise with all my other family members and friends.

I agree with y'all, glad we booked our vacations into 2010, now if RCCL can arrange for a ship in Galveston year round, we can at least save on the airfare:)

I agree with y'all, glad we booked our vacations into 2010, now if RCCL can arrange for a ship in Galveston year round, we can at least save on the airfare:)

Well if airfare to Europe and other areas rise like everything else, RCI is going to have to depend on the local markets in Europe, Latin America and Asia to fill all of those ships that they moved. I don't think that it will happen and we may see ships moving back to the US.

Carnival announced today that they are pulling the Freedom out of Europe for 09 and she will stay year round in FLL.

Well if airfare to Europe and other areas rise like everything else, RCI is going to have to depend on the local markets in Europe, Latin America and Asia to fill all of those ships that they moved. I don't think that it will happen and we may see ships moving back to the US.

Carnival announced today that they are pulling the Freedom out of Europe for 09 and she will stay year round in FLL.

Gordon I agree..........I think some ships will have to come back if they want to hold on to the American market. Transatlantic cruises are relatively inexpensive, but airfare getting home in the future might be very cost prohibitive.......Med cruises are high to begin with.........I don't know if they can fill the ships with just a European market or not.

Thanks for providing that news link........I had not seen that........oil will only go higher.......

Gordon I agree..........I think some ships will have to come back if they want to hold on to the American market. Transatlantic cruises are relatively inexpensive, but airfare getting home in the future might be very cost prohibitive.......Med cruises are high to begin with.........I don't know if they can fill the ships with just a European market or not.

Thanks for providing that news link........I had not seen that........oil will only go higher.......

We have a 12 night cruise booked out of Barcelona for next June. I will not be able to pull up prices on air until next month but that will make or break the deal and more than likely it will break the deal. The cruise is expensive enough before throwing in air, two nights hotel and shore excursions against a weak dollar.

Archived