Tabyana Beach: bugs?

pastorfrank

I have heard very wonderful things about this beach and we are booked to go there on our Aug 9th sailing....just wondering about mosquitoes and other types of bugs. We had heard that they are very, very bad there.

Any experiences people have had would be appreciated - good and bad.

I have heard very wonderful things about this beach and we are booked to go there on our Aug 9th sailing....just wondering about mosquitoes and other types of bugs. We had heard that they are very, very bad there.

We were just there in April and had no problems whatsoever. We weren't wearing any insect repellant... just our biodegradable sunblock. We did spend most of our time in the water since the snorkeling was so amazing, but we did spend about an hour on the beach, relaxing and getting some sun.

Hope you have a wonderful time! It was definitely the best beach I've ever been to!!

We had no personal experiences with the beaches, since we did a casual tour of the town and skipped Tabayana, we noticed several people back on board that evening with lots of red bug-bite-looking dots on their legs.

Friendly advice--I'd use Off/DEET/some sort of bug repellant just as a preventative. It couldn't hurt.

I was there on Tues at Mayan Princess, which is just down the beach. There WERE bugs that day and they finally got to me and I went to the pool. (I forgot and left the spray on the ship). They were those little no see ums and we all had some red spots when we got back to the ship. Nothing major and they went away after a few hours. Other than that, it was a perfect day! I highly recommend going to the beach; its beyond beautiful. Just pack some repellant and you'll be fine.

We were there in May, and no bugs or mosquitoes. The beach & snorkling were awsome.

I was there April of last year, and there were no problems with mosquitoes. After laying on a lounge chair for about 45 minutes though I did have lots of little bites all over me. I would bring some bug spray if you're planning on laying in the sun, and make sure you reapply.

We were told to bring Off with Deet with us. It keeps away the sand fleas also. Friends went to the beach and didn't have any with them and got bit quite a lot

• 1 month later...

Pastor Frank, please be aware of the sand fleas. We were in Roatan in September and my DH was severely bitten by the sand fleas while waiting to go diving. He had welts that lasted several weeks. We will be back there in September this year and will be prepared

We were there last summer,no problems with bugs. We did take the zipline tour. It was wonderful! Our two teenagers say it was the highlight of the trip. It was not an official part of the tour, but was offered once we got to the beach for an additional price. Well worth it. Lots of fun!

Archived