Cruise Critic Community
derf5585

What would you like added in cabins

Microwave?

More electrical outlets?

Washer and dryer?

What would you like added?

I would like to see one of those swim suit dryers. They spin the water out after you rinse your suit. They dry so much faster. Somewhere on the ship they would be nice.

Not room facilities, just better selection on TV- a few more (free) movies wouldn't hurt. WE got tired of watching the same listings for 9 nights. CNN gets old....

coffee pot, I don't function in the morning till I have downed a few cups of coffee and sitting the card out the night before doesn't always work cause not sure when we are getting up and sometimes room service can take an hour. And no way I can go out in public to get my coffee till I have my coffee,so I'd like a coffee pot!

• More electrical outlets - my SO uses a CPAP - have to special request extension cord
  • disposable shower caps (other toiletries I'm brand picky)
  • a way to shave my legs without having to stick them outside the shower door and prop them on the counter
  • nightlight (we pack our own when we travel)
  • some channels with on demand movies - I'm sure the ships could have a library of movies to play onboard in cabins with an AV system - sometimes people are tired - or have kids they are trying to settle down - or those poor people who are sick and can't leave cabin
  • rubber bumpers on the hangers. we had tons of hangers, came back in a hurricane, those things clattered like all get out until I took them all down middle of the night
  • a decent sized table in room - even if it's pull down or collapsible - a small glass table in a dark room - on a moving ship - not a bright idea

Microwave?

More electrical outlets?

Washer and dryer?

What would you like added?

• More electrical outlets - my SO uses a CPAP - have to special request extension cord
  • a way to shave my legs without having to stick them outside the shower door and prop them on the counter

I always took a night light too but couldn't find the outlet in the bathroom on the Mariner and that is where I like to put one.

But we found a solution that took care of not only that problem but also the clock problem. I always would fumble around in the dark looking for my watch to see what time it was....but now we just leave the TV on set to the channel with the clock it worked great as a night light and if I woke up I can see the clock to see if it is late enough to get up and walk the deck!

• some channels with on demand movies - I'm sure the ships could have a library of movies to play onboard in cabins with an AV system - sometimes people are tired - or have kids they are trying to settle down - or those poor people who are sick and can't leave cabin
  • rubber bumpers on the hangers. we had tons of hangers, came back in a hurricane, those things clattered like all get out until I took them all down middle of the night
  • a decent sized table in room - even if it's pull down or collapsible - a small glass table in a dark room - on a moving ship - not a bright idea

Most of the RCI ships with interactive TV already offer on demand, pay per view movies. I rarely find a time when I wouldn't prefer to be out and about on the ship than spending the time necessary to watch a movie (free or pay per view) in my cabin, but I understand that it is an amenity that some people appreciate and some of the situations you mention are certainly reasonable. Unless you are on one of the older ships in the fleet, I believe that you can find a wider selection of films than the free ones that are available on the regular channels.

I agree with your suggestion of a larger table either in the stateroom or on the balcony. The current tables make it a juggling act to even attempt to eat breakfast in your room or on your balcony.

A digital clock, not necessarily an alarm clock, with a display large enough to be seen.

coffee pot, I don't function in the morning till I have downed a few cups of coffee and sitting the card out the night before doesn't always work cause not sure when we are getting up and sometimes room service can take an hour. And no way I can go out in public to get my coffee till I have my coffee,so I'd like a coffee pot!

AMEN!

A pad of stick notes near the mirror.

A real fridge.

More Canadian Ice Wines

A 30 year old Redhead to read me a bedtime story.:D I just love a good bedtime story !;) OH Yeah..And more towels in the bathrooms.:D

A Clock

Better TV Selection

Better Table, as an above poster mentioned maybe pulldown

I was going to say a kettle to make coffee with, but I decided I'm not so lazy that I can't walk up to the Lido. Real, non-propaganda news channels and maybe a DVD player in every stateroom would be nice though.

This is the best portable (and non-breakable!) coffee maker I've ever used, it follows me on every cruise now.

My SO and I haven't cruised together yet, so haven't done the night light yet - we do it in hotels all the time. He also has a battery operated 'glow stick' that he can hang on anything - we usually hang it in the bathroom - so we don't have to turn the light on in the middle of the night.

I doubt the tv idea would work for us - my SO likes total darkness, I can't stand total darkness - the faint light in the bathroom was a hard won compromise :eek: But I do thank you for the tip - maybe one night when he's really zonked I can turn it on! :)

I always took a night light too but couldn't find the outlet in the bathroom on the Mariner and that is where I like to put one.

But we found a solution that took care of not only that problem but also the clock problem. I always would fumble around in the dark looking for my watch to see what time it was....but now we just leave the TV on set to the channel with the clock it worked great as a night light and if I woke up I can see the clock to see if it is late enough to get up and walk the deck!

Hmm, never saw pay per view on my cruise - but I wouldn't pay anyway. I will have my laptop with me anyway for picture downloading etc - so I will just take some rented movies with me. Hmm - wonder if my netflix online viewing would work lol. My SO is a very very early riser - usually up at 4am at home - and 6 is pushing it on vacation - so he takes naps - or else he'd be down for the count before dinner was over.

We have done a lot of trips in the last 2 years, but never done an actual 'vacation' together - we're usually motorcycle touring - which is a whole different animal. It will be interesting to see if he's a 'go go go' type on vacation or a 'sit and vegetate' on vacation. His normal life is incredibly stressful - and he's not a joiner/team player/social animal - so I have a feeling this will be mostly a 'vegetate' trip - one of the reasons I got an aft balcony lol.

Most of the RCI ships with interactive TV already offer on demand, pay per view movies. I rarely find a time when I wouldn't prefer to be out and about on the ship than spending the time necessary to watch a movie (free or pay per view) in my cabin, but I understand that it is an amenity that some people appreciate and some of the situations you mention are certainly reasonable. Unless you are on one of the older ships in the fleet, I believe that you can find a wider selection of films than the free ones that are available on the regular channels.

I agree with your suggestion of a larger table either in the stateroom or on the balcony. The current tables make it a juggling act to even attempt to eat breakfast in your room or on your balcony.

A digital clock, not necessarily an alarm clock, with a display large enough to be seen.

Nothing! Adding just about anything would cost more money and that cost would be passed on to the passengers (and probably with a profit attached to it) and I don't want to pay more for a cruise.