Any other Scrapbookers!!!

abbyndrewmom

I'm fairly new to scrapbooking and I am trying to develop my style. Right now I'm combining regular photo pages with special scrapped pages and some other catch-all pages with memorabilia such as Cruise Compasses, etc. I'm happy to say that I'm about 2/3 of the way done on my Dec. 27, 2010 cruise. I'm working backwards with the most recent first. I'm also journaling as I go along. I read a great book by Dave Fox which is titled "Globejotting-How to Write Extraordinary Travel Journals".

I do have a question for those of you who are experienced scrappers. What do you use to keep your completed pages in place? I find that they slide out of the protector very easily. Any suggestions??? TIA!

I'm fairly new to scrapbooking and I am trying to develop my style. Right now I'm combining regular photo pages with special scrapped pages and some other catch-all pages with memorabilia such as Cruise Compasses, etc. I'm happy to say that I'm about 2/3 of the way done on my Dec. 27, 2010 cruise. I'm working backwards with the most recent first. I'm also journaling as I go along. I read a great book by Dave Fox which is titled "Globejotting-How to Write Extraordinary Travel Journals".

I do have a question for those of you who are experienced scrappers. What do you use to keep your completed pages in place? I find that they slide out of the protector very easily. Any suggestions??? TIA!

Congrats on your scrapbooking progress. Wish I could say I have a cruise album 2/3 finished. :D Going to check out the book you mentioned.

I haven't had any problems with keeping my pages in place. Do you store your album lying down or standing up?

Not sure I can post the following but scrapbooking dot com has a vacation layout contest on. Go to their webpage, click on Contests, the second entry is the one with the info.

Sandy :)

I haven't had any trouble with the pages sliding out of protectors.. which I put in a scrapbook.. maybe I embellish too much???:confused: What kind of protectors are you using?

Caroline, I have to check out the page package for the name. My daughter gave them to me when she decided she didn't have time to scrapbook with a toddler and another baby on the way. The pages just pop up a bit when the book is being handled.

Sandy, I usually store everything flat. Is that the proper way? I'm mostly self-taught with all of this. I really think I need to go to a class or find someone who is really into it so I can get some pointers. Thanks for the info on the vacation layout contest. I'd love to see some ideas!

I'm putting the cruise album on hold for awhile so I can work on my daughter's baby book. It needs some preservation and protection. She loved to look at it as she was growing up so its been through a lot. I'm going to give it to her on her birthday in Aug.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know anything about scrapbooking style :eek: but I do appreciate my journals as I write down my experiences as I go and then when I get home I can pretty much type it up and have a comprehensive story of the cruise/trip from those journal entries.

I haven't invested a lot of money into scrapbooking and won't (I am a quilter--I spend all my money on fabric) so I try to keep it rather simple and just tell my story with embellishments and photos to add to my words.

I don't know anything about scrapbooking style :eek: but I do appreciate my journals as I write down my experiences as I go and then when I get home I can pretty much type it up and have a comprehensive story of the cruise/trip from those journal entries.

I haven't invested a lot of money into scrapbooking and won't (I am a quilter--I spend all my money on fabric) so I try to keep it rather simple and just tell my story with embellishments and photos to add to my words.

You might like "SMASH" by K & Co. It is a way to scrapbook for the non-scrapbooker! (Or for scrapbookers that love the "smash" concept). You literally just "smash" it in the book--no layouts, no rules, no nothing. (You tube has a video on it that shows the original prototype to get an idea...)

• 4 weeks later...

Just back yesterday from our cruise on the Carnvial Miracle. Thought I would pop on here and give people the low down on what was available, scrapbook wise on the ship.

12x12 albums with nothing included was $23.95

12x12 page protector inserts were $7.95 (15 of them)

scrapbook kit with 315 pieces was $12.95

(this is all that I bought) but there were others things on there as well, different scrapbooks, I believe one had a Mexican theme and one had a Mediterrean theme. A couple different kits ranging in price from like $12.95-$16.95. Plenty of photo albums and frames. I also bought a set of postcards of the ship. I think there were like 20 of them in there. Each one showed a different place on the ship. That was $3.95.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to my very first cruise in 6 months. A friend who cruised on the same ship last year was able to get pics of the RCI scrapbooking kits sold on board and they look great.

Someone posted that RCI also has a 12X12 scrapbook for sale with a picture of the Allure of the Seas on the cover, but I have yet to find anyone to confirm that or to see a picture of it.

Can anyone on this thread help?

Just done with entire weekend at Creating Keepsakes convention here in NC.... lots of travel stuff from travelscrappin and another company whose name escapes me but there seems to be a lot more paper out there that's "destination specific" which IMHO is good.. I'm not a big sticker person. Also got a vintage travel kit to do for some cruise... maybe Canada and New England.. which reminds me that "Webster's Pages" has some awesome lobster paper (of all things)!!!!

I can't remember re RCI specifically since it's been 3 yrs but Celebrity's offering was pitiful.. 3 Birds kit that had cheap paper and stickers...

• 5 months later...
Just wanted to say hi to my fellow scrapbookers. I have just booked my 4th cruise and I have yet to scrap a page about any of them. SIGH.

Scrapbooker here too, (more of a collector), HAL has a nice album and stuff for sale. Carnival had a nice clear album.. we are going now on Celebrity, will see what they have..

Mary

I've been having fun looking at paper, stickers, borders etc for my next cruise and I just don't understand the purpose of double sided paper. Can someone explain it to me? It seems like you'd end up wasting one side of perfectly good paper. I hope this isn't a silly question but I just don't get it.

I started scrapbooking in 2004. I have been on 9 cruises and I make a scrapbook from each cruise..............in fact I am in the process of finishing one right now from our trip in December onboard the Carnival Legend. They are so much fun to do because you can put your own style and creativity into each one. Once I get started working on them it is hard to put it away until they are finished.

I will buy the Carnival scrapbook onboard and then the kit (with the paper, stickers, and die-cuts). It is well worth the $12.00 or whatever I paid for it. Plus I also like to use brochures from the different ports, ticket stubs, excursion passes, and most definitely the SAIL AND SIGN CARD.

• 2 weeks later...
Just wanted to say hi to my fellow scrapbookers. I have just booked my 4th cruise and I have yet to scrap a page about any of them. SIGH.

Have you considered switching to digital scrapbooking for vacations? I have loved doing that for all our trips and can make copies easily for our travel companions. I can do everything i normally do in scrapbooking with my software. Many times i start on the ship or on the plane coming home!

Have you considered switching to digital scrapbooking for vacations? I have loved doing that for all our trips and can make copies easily for our travel companions. I can do everything i normally do in scrapbooking with my software. Many times i start on the ship or on the plane coming home!

This might seem like a really dumb question, BUT when you do digital scrapbooking, where do you print the pages off?

My daughter tells me that I should try "digital" also, but I have so many beautiful supplies that I've inherited by family and friends that no longer scrapbook, that I am inspired to use them.

We're taking a cruise on summit to Bermuda in May, so I'm going to do some pre-trip "shopping" starting with the supplies that I already own and then move on from there. I bet I could complete the album without spending a dime. I'm trying to come up with a streamlined way to create our memories with a very simple format that I can complete quickly, maybe 3 pictures per page with a couple of embellishments.

I have a journal that I plan to use while cruising than pop those pages right into the album. I'm giving my plans a lot of thought now cause I know that if I don't plan ahead, it won't get done. I feel that we're so fortunate to be able to take our cruise vacations that our memories need to be chronicled in a special way.

I'd love to hear about your projects too!

My daughter tells me that I should try "digital" also, but I have so many beautiful supplies that I've inherited by family and friends that no longer scrapbook, that I am inspired to use them.

We're taking a cruise on summit to Bermuda in May, so I'm going to do some pre-trip "shopping" starting with the supplies that I already own and then move on from there. I bet I could complete the album without spending a dime. I'm trying to come up with a streamlined way to create our memories with a very simple format that I can complete quickly, maybe 3 pictures per page with a couple of embellishments.

I have a journal that I plan to use while cruising than pop those pages right into the album. I'm giving my plans a lot of thought now cause I know that if I don't plan ahead, it won't get done. I feel that we're so fortunate to be able to take our cruise vacations that our memories need to be chronicled in a special way.

I'd love to hear about your projects too!

Denise, I am right where you are--LOTS of supplies to do my cruising scrapbooking. I took a cruise last September, and haven't started doing anything with it. We had a great time and I remember it--I need to get started so I can be finished with it before October when we next cruise.

I too took a journal with me on my last cruise. We keep all our memorabilia and it all goes in the scrapbook. One of the things I do, Denise, is make a pocket page at the end where my daily newsletters are stored. I slit the page protector and slide them in.

Debra, I like your idea about slitting the page protector to hold the daily activity papers. I've been putting them back to back with a plain page in between but the pages always want to slide around. I'll have to try it next time.

I still consider myself a beginner in the scrapbooking world, but I really do enjoy the time I spend being creative. It helps keep those memories alive! Thankfully my kids are both into memory making so I'll pass these on to them and I know that they'll be treasured.

This might seem like a really dumb question, BUT when you do digital scrapbooking, where do you print the pages off?

Not a dumb question at all. You can either print the book already bound from an online company or you can do page prints, basically a large photo you can slide into a protector in a tradional book. That being said, if you have a lot of scrapbook stuff you can do a hybrid album do some digital and some traditional scrapbooking into the same book. As for memorabilia i scan it all and then it gets inckuded. You can email me at namenek@msn.com if you want me to send you a link to an album i have done.

Carmen

Debra, check out Walmart as I have been told they print 12x12 at a very reasonable cost.

I haven't gotten into digi because I have too much stuff to take this route. I like the photo sleeves from We R Memory Keepers which allows one to combine scrapbooking with different layouts of photo pockets. A good way to throw a lot of photos into an album mixed with regular scrapbooked pages.

Sandy:)

• 2 weeks later...

I use both sides of the paper. It makes for less bulky scrapbooks. You need to plan carefully and keep the story you are creating in order. Place your lay out on one side and then trun it over for the next page. When you slip the paper into the page protector you see both sides.

I cruise with Princess, and loved their old cream scrapbooks. They've switched to a new style, and I hate it. I need to split up one of my scrapbooks - it's 88 pages long, and am looking for an album to go with it. Anyone with a spare cream Crown or blank scrapbook out there??

Archived