Any other Scrapbookers!!!

abbyndrewmom

HI! I need some help. ARe there any scrappers from Alexandria Louisiana out there? I'm working on a life book and I really need some pages for my scrapbook of my old HS. Tried the web but so far haven't had any luck. :)

Hi, all

I work in a scrapbook store in Florida.

I get a lot of unusual cruise and vacation supplies from on line stroe called Scrap Your Trip www.scrapyourtrip.com

You will like this web site.

I am into scrapbooking, although new at it. First few were pretty amateur, but am doing better. Went to this website and found lots of useful "stuff"- I am hooked!

While we are on the subject of scrapbooking...what die cut machines does everyone suggest? I was looking at the Cricut, Sizzix, Sizzlets, Quick Kutz.....there's too many! And it seems like the alphabets are so expensive! What do you guys suggest!?

If you can afford it, it is the best of all of them. The wife has been using one for a couple of months now and will never go back to her Sizzix! You can find just about all of the alphabets (or equivalents) on line converted to the Wishblade. From there, you can resize them to any size you want. The Wishblade uses 8.5 x 11 paper so you could even put one letter on a page if you wanted to do up a large banner.

While the Cricut can be resized, you are limited to what their cartridges are, and the paper used is only 5" I believe.

In addition, there is ton's of Wishblade files available on the net that you can use. Being able to resize any file to a size you want is a major plus for the machine.

Cheers,

I just wanted to drop a note about tropicalscrapbooking.com I placed an order from them on Sunday afternoon. By Sunday night I got an email telling me my package was all packed and ready to ship and the postal tracking information. Today is Wednesday and my package has arrived. I opened it to find that the items not met but exceeded my expectations. Stickers were larger than I expected from the pictures on the web and all the papers were beautiful. They were packed very well in a hard white cardboard envelope and were all packed inside in a plastic sleeve to protect them. They even included a hand written note thanking me for my order. I realized when it came though that I screwed up when I moved the items from my wish list to the cart and then did not double check what was in my cart to make sure it was all there so today I placed the order for the rest of the items I need. I am not happy to pay shipping again but it was my mistake and I will be more careful next time. I have ordered from scrapyourtrip.com before and they are good too but the order I got today was better than I expected.

• 2 weeks later...
While we are on the subject of scrapbooking...what die cut machines does everyone suggest? I was looking at the Cricut, Sizzix, Sizzlets, Quick Kutz.....there's too many! And it seems like the alphabets are so expensive! What do you guys suggest!?

I can't afford the Cricut, but it would be fabulous to own...I use Sizzix and Sizzlets and love them. My best friend uses Quick Kutz--the designs and quality are fabulous, but using them is not so great--even with the new handle grip deal, it still is hard on the hands to cut very many. But again, the designs are beautiful if the style doesn't bother you.

To be honest, I buy all of my Sizzix and Sizzlet alphabets on eBay for 1/2 of the price they sell for retail at Michael's, etc.

Happy Scrappin'! :)

I use Sizzlets too and also buy them on Ebay or when there's a 1/2 off coupon at Michael's. They're easy to use and have some cute designs. I mainly use them for the alphabets. I also use Quick Kutz dies with an adapter on my Sizzlits machine (that Quick Kutz hand held thing is awful.) My true wish, however, is to get Wishblade. Maybe one of these days when I convince my DH that it is worth the high price. He's horrified at the price of embellishments, so I haven't even broached the topic of Wishblade :rolleyes:

Hi All,

I love this board. I have been scrapbooking for about 6yrs now. I do a scrapbook for each trip that I go. I go to monthly crops and I always envied the girls doing the cruise albums. Well, I will finally get to be one of those girls, I leave for my first cruise Sept 30, I have gotten some wonderful ideas and will use alot of them in my cruise album.

One thing I have not seen that alot of the girls do in my monthly crop is Each day of the cruise they hang a page on their cabin door and ask people to sign it with their name and where they are from.

Iam going to sit down tonight and make my pages for my door so they will be all ready when I sail :D

• 2 weeks later...
I use Sizzlets too and also buy them on Ebay or when there's a 1/2 off coupon at Michael's. They're easy to use and have some cute designs. I mainly use them for the alphabets. I also use Quick Kutz dies with an adapter on my Sizzlits machine (that Quick Kutz hand held thing is awful.) My true wish, however, is to get Wishblade. Maybe one of these days when I convince my DH that it is worth the high price. He's horrified at the price of embellishments, so I haven't even broached the topic of Wishblade :rolleyes:

I wish I had some close friends nearby that scrap so we could go in together and split the cost of the really expensive stuff....but...none of my friends who live near me scrap....too bad for them...! :D:D:D

Hi All,

I love this board. I have been scrapbooking for about 6yrs now. I do a scrapbook for each trip that I go. I go to monthly crops and I always envied the girls doing the cruise albums. Well, I will finally get to be one of those girls, I leave for my first cruise Sept 30, I have gotten some wonderful ideas and will use alot of them in my cruise album.

One thing I have not seen that alot of the girls do in my monthly crop is Each day of the cruise they hang a page on their cabin door and ask people to sign it with their name and where they are from.

Iam going to sit down tonight and make my pages for my door so they will be all ready when I sail :D

Haven't heard of that idea before but I LOVE IT! Wish I'd known of it before our Sovereign sailing in August..oh well, I'll do it next time. I haven't even started scrapping the cruise yet--but I have gotten some pages done this week from one of my 13 yr old nephew's Taekwondo tournaments at Southfork Ranch (outside of Dallas). I decided if I didn't start soon, with the number of tournaments he continues to participate in, he'd be married before I got done. :p

I for one would love it if you all would share any of your cruise layouts! I always get scrapper's block :eek: and have trouble getting started. Thanks! :)

I haven't even started scrapping the cruise yet--but I have gotten some pages done this week from one of my 13 yr old nephew's Taekwondo tournaments at Southfork Ranch (outside of Dallas). I decided if I didn't start soon, with the number of tournaments he continues to participate in, he'd be married before I got done.

I had sort of the opposite problem -- by the time that I scrapped by brother's wedding he was already divorced! That's what happens when you get so far behind. I'm trying desperately to catch up now. Fortunately, I've been scrapping my cruises and major vacations as I go along, so it's the smaller things that are left. But so many of them!

I had sort of the opposite problem -- by the time that I scrapped by brother's wedding he was already divorced! That's what happens when you get so far behind. I'm trying desperately to catch up now. Fortunately, I've been scrapping my cruises and major vacations as I go along, so it's the smaller things that are left. But so many of them!

Oh my!! When I read that, my hands flew up over my eyes! I can see that happening to me.

I'm going to do a couple of cruise layouts in the next few days. I'm sick of Taekwondo and Karate colors--borrrring--but I've done (5) two-page layouts since Saturday, including journaling, which is my weak spot!! :D).

Now I'm ready to use some pretty tropical colors...sort of in the mood to use some glitter too.

Hi All,

Hi, that is a really good idea! do the ladies do one for each day or just one for the whole trip.

Thanks Jean

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all, I have been scrapbooking for about 9 years now and I find nothing more relaxing than doing that. Problem is when I start I have a hard time stopping so I go in spirts, otherwize hubby and kids complain about no meals. I find alot of great ideas in books I get at the library, get the basic from some things then my own ideas flow. I use almost anything from my vacations in my books, napkins I dont use though cause not too sure if they are acid free.

Happy cruising and scrapping!

Hello all, I have been scrapbooking for about 9 years now and I find nothing more relaxing than doing that. Problem is when I start I have a hard time stopping so I go in spirts, otherwize hubby and kids complain about no meals. I find alot of great ideas in books I get at the library, get the basic from some things then my own ideas flow. I use almost anything from my vacations in my books, napkins I dont use though cause not too sure if they are acid free.

Happy cruising and scrapping!

cupidsarrow-if you will spray your napkins with Archival Mist, it will take all the acid out and the item will be perfectly safe to put in your scrapbook! I think Krylon also has a product for this, but I can't recall the name for it. Most scrapbook stores carry Archival Mist--it's a little pricey but lasts a long time. The can I have now has lasted over 3 years. It sprays on dry, so it doesn't cause inks to run, etc., but test it on a corner of important documents first before you spray the whole thing (that's what I do, anyway). Really good for newspaper clippings too.

Happy scrappin'! :):):)

I'm a digital scrapbook fanatic. I really enjoy it because it saves me a lot of space in my house. I've scrapped almost every cruise I've been on and I love going back and looking at them.

Is there a way you can share your digital scrapbook with us? I do the traditional scrapbooking, but as you said, space gets tight. Maybe I will try this sometime!

I don't think I have any of my cruises online but you can look at some of the pages I've done.

http://loonyhiker.digitalscrapbookplace.com

Those were great! Looks like it sure would save time!!! Just another question! Do you print out your pages for an actuall album or do you just keep it all online?

Thanks again for sharing your wonderful ideas!:)

I print out the pages of my dad and stepmother because they don't have a computer. The others are just on this site and I give out the website address to my friends and family. I have them saved on my hard drive in case I ever want to print them out.

Is there a way you can share your digital scrapbook with us? I do the traditional scrapbooking, but as you said, space gets tight. Maybe I will try this sometime!

Yes, yes, share, share...please???? I have found myself toying with the idea of digital scrapbooking lately, for the space benefits, and also hoping that maybe the entire process would go faster. I tend to scrap nearly every picture, so my albums work more like a photo album rather than a scrapbook that focuses only on the best photos. When you use this approach, and each double layout takes at least one hour, it's hard to feel like you're making any headway. (I'm getting better at culling pics, however--if I don't, I'll be dead before I ever get everything scrapped. ;) )

Does anyone else feel like this?? :confused:

I started out trying to paper scrap and got so frustrated. I decided I was doing something wrong and started to research the topic when I found out about digital scrapbooking. There are a lot of sites out there but my favorite is http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com/. There is a freebies section where I downloaded some kits and they also suggest software programs to use. I downloaded a trial version of Adobe Photoshop Elements and started to fool around with these things. There is also a tutorial section that I followed that showed me how to start. Then I would ask questions on the forum. Once I got comfortable with that, I started to join the chats. They give a challenge (you usually have to buy a kit) but then they give you free stuff too at the chat. The kits can be used over and over so I really like that! Then I got hooked! I promised my husband I would wait 30 days before I started to buy anything to make sure I liked doing this and the urge wouldn't pass. It didn't so I went out and bought the program at Sams for $79. I spend about $8 a week on kits that I like. Kits include papers, elements, sometimes alphas etc.

I tend to scrap nearly every picture, so my albums work more like a photo album rather than a scrapbook that focuses only on the best photos. When you use this approach, and each double layout takes at least one hour, it's hard to feel like you're making any headway. (I'm getting better at culling pics, however--if I don't, I'll be dead before I ever get everything scrapped. ;) )

Does anyone else feel like this?? :confused:

Yes, I felt llike that! Recently, I found that -- except for important vacations -- cruises and long trips -- that I scrap right after we return -- I was NINE YEARS behind. So I put in a concerted effort to get caught up, devoting a couple of hours a night to scrapping. Now I'm caught up through last year and only need to do a few more months. I'm doing this chronologically. But I have to admit that I don't do anything elaborate. I include items other than photos, and some journaling, stickers, some special pages, a little decoration, but mostly the photos. (My cruise albums are real journals and a bit more elaborate, but not by very much). They're still very time consuming, usually about half an hour a page, but do-able. Otherwise, I KNOW I'd be dead before I caught up, and I could never keep current if I did ever catch up.

I also love digital scrapbooking. So much easier then paper scraping.

I make slide shows of the pages and add music to them (I use Photoshop Elements 4.0 - very easy to do). I then burn them to a CD and then they can be watched on TV or shared with friends and family. I just did one for my daughter's 18th birthday - it turned out great.

Here is a page I did of my cruise last summer to Bermuda.

Bermuda.jpg.39a322b8fb915bef0d40b69d3d0f4417.jpg

Archived