Any other Scrapbookers!!!

abbyndrewmom

I also have the problem of trying to put every picture taken in the books. It is the hardest thing to overcome in doing the traditional scarpbooking for me. I am getting better and also using pic. that I have to cut! Now that I print my own pic. I don't mind so much because if I mess it up I can reprint.

Debbie

I also love digital scrapbooking. So much easier then paper scraping.

I make slide shows of the pages and add music to them (I use Photoshop Elements 4.0 - very easy to do). I then burn them to a CD and then they can be watched on TV or shared with friends and family. I just did one for my daughter's 18th birthday - it turned out great.

Here is a page I did of my cruise last summer to Bermuda.

AWESOME page! Thanks for sharing! :)

And I like the idea of being able to watch your layouts on TV...maybe one day I'll venture outside my box and try digital!

Yes, I felt llike that! Recently, I found that -- except for important vacations -- cruises and long trips -- that I scrap right after we return -- I was NINE YEARS behind. So I put in a concerted effort to get caught up, devoting a couple of hours a night to scrapping. Now I'm caught up through last year and only need to do a few more months. I'm doing this chronologically. But I have to admit that I don't do anything elaborate. I include items other than photos, and some journaling, stickers, some special pages, a little decoration, but mostly the photos. (My cruise albums are real journals and a bit more elaborate, but not by very much). They're still very time consuming, usually about half an hour a page, but do-able. Otherwise, I KNOW I'd be dead before I caught up, and I could never keep current if I did ever catch up.

I also have the problem of trying to put every picture taken in the books. It is the hardest thing to overcome in doing the traditional scarpbooking for me. I am getting better and also using pic. that I have to cut! Now that I print my own pic. I don't mind so much because if I mess it up I can reprint.

Ladies, your posts made me feel better because I know I'm not the only one with this dilemma. I'm trying to focus only on those pics that tell the story or add to the story instead of using it as a photo album. I tried printing my own pics, but it's expensive by the time you factor in ink, photo paper, and my time. So I usually just print them at Wal-Mart. It's more convenient, though, to print them yourself.

I'm also trying to get up the nerve to crop the pics more, so I can usually get more on a page. It's hard for me to cut a picture...it just doesn't feel right!

I'm also having to fight the urge to make a duplicate set of pics to keep in a regular photo album. Why? I don't know...after all, they don't tell a story sitting in a photo album. With CDs and index cards available now, maybe I'll eventually get over this phase. :confused: :o :D I saw some photo safe (acid free) CD sleeves for scrapbooking at Hobby Lobby the other day--I thought they were a great idea. Now...would you add the CD to the layout somehow so future generations would have the CDs "sorted" by occasion, or just keep them in a box? Or maybe just have CDs and index cards at the back of the album? What does everyone think?

If you're going to do it that way, I'd say put the CD's in the back (or front) of the album. But I'm a compulsive type who wants everything in chronological order, and that's how I do my albums and scrapbooks -- Hour by hour, day by day, year by year. Either that or put all the CD's somewhere separately but -- of course -- arranged by date!

• 1 month later...

Could any of you send me a link to your cruise scrapbook albums? I would love to see them. We just returned from our cruise and I am overwhelmed on what to do with 250 pictures!

Thanks and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Could any of you send me a link to your cruise scrapbook albums? I would love to see them. We just returned from our cruise and I am overwhelmed on what to do with 250 pictures!

Thanks and any help would be greatly appreciated!

• 8 months later...

Keep an unused Cruise Compass, Carnival Caper or whatever paper it is that they give you. Keep all of the advertising. Keep the bid card if you go to the art auction and you buy anything. Ask your cabin steward for a new luggage tag so that you can have one in nice condition. Then there's the pictures, but you know that one already. My scrapbook won't look like yours, but I have a 2" binder for every cruise I've been on. AND, it's ready to take to work my first day back! LOL

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh can I share mine too www.kittydesigns.fotopic.net, theres a few travel ones LOL and my blog is at www.kittydesigns.blogspot.com

I was just looking at your pictures and thought 'I know that face!' fellow ukscrapper here, serendipity, I really want to have a go a digi scrapping but have not really looked into yet.

I dont have any more cruises till Jan 2009 so should be able to catch up on all my travel scrapbooks!!

Jean

i've been started scrapbooking when i was 15. And i used to make from memorabillia. Isn't cool?Well i better switch to another one, but i still have to look for a new resources. Back to my late scrapbooks, i found myself interest with this thing because i got alot of resources where i can easily access and look more about memorabilia. If someone their do the same like me, you can visit this site @ www.2-clicks-celebritymemorabilia.com. Check this out!

Excited to find a thread about scrapbooking -- I didn't go all the way through,so I hope this isn't redundant, but the best scrapbooking website (IMHO) is www.twopeasinabucket.com -- they have a searchable gallery where you can look for other cruising layouts.

This will be our first cruise -- I imagine I will make a smaller 9x9 album specifically for this trip. I can't wait!!

Susie in MN

• 3 weeks later...

I've been scrapbooking for about 8 yrs and I have an accordion file that I take with me and I save anything and everything put it into the accordion file and it's all right there. you could save items per day and have a different slot for each day.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I have been scrapbooking for about 5 years now. I am really looking forward to scrapbooking are upcoming cruise vacation. Just wondering if any fellow scrapbookers can give me suggestions on what to pick up on the cruise for my book. Of course i plan on taking and buying lots of pictures. I will get some post cards from the pursers desk. Any other suggestions?

How about good cruise stickets or other accessories.

Thanks,

I frequently use parts of the daily cruise programs placed in your room each night.

• 1 year later...

Thought I'd resurrect this thread since there seem to be people interested in scrapbook ideas for cruises. Some of the links don't work, but there are great ideas!

Looking forward to seeing them Debra.

I've got a couple more pages to do before we leave for our Valor cruise tomorrow. Still have one cruise left, but it was our first and I didn't take any digital pictures, nor did I have copies of the pictures, so I have to work on scanning them and printing them out. That one will definitely not be done before we leave!

I use to do a lot of scrapbooking but since I discovered book making I now only do that.

It is so easy and so much fun.

Here are a few photos of the book I made of my anniversary cruise.

I used the blog I kept on the trip as text in the book.

I gave the book to my husband for Christmas - he loved it!

IMGP3574.JPG

IMGP3575.JPG

IMGP3576.JPG

IMGP3577.JPG

IMGP3578.JPG

For those interested I made it with Blurb dot com. :D

Archived