firsttimedb

ketchikan lift or tram?

I thought I read somewhere that in Ketchikan there is a shuttle or ski lift type thing that takes you to the top of a mountain for a nominal fee and you can hike back down on your own. I can't seem to find anything about it. Does anyone know if this exists or am I confused about something else?

The is a sign on the funicular that says $2 payable on board, but nobody was collecting last month when we were there. To the top of a mountain may be a strech, but it is nice up top.

I frequently post, my recommendation to return via the Married Man's trail. If you go to the end, you end up on Park, turn right, and head along the Creek, there is a salmon ladder. Turn right at the Totem Heritage Museum/Hatchery. Combo tickets have been offered in the past, if of interest. Continue through the city park and make a right down Deermont. Return to the end of Creek St. Dolly's House tour is worthwhile, check out the shower curtain. :) Pick up a map at the dock visitor center.

Out the back of the Fox Lodge is also a very nice set of totems.

We tried to book excursion to Misty Fiords with Island Wings but they were booked. Does anyone have experience with anyone else that does a comparable trip? We are going in August on Princess Star and their Misty Fiords excursion is thru Spirit of Alaska. Any comments, suggestions would be welcomed. Thank you!

Budget Queen,

Enjoyed your suggestions for Ketchikan. We are considering do a tour with Lois Munch of Classic Tours. Would that give us a good overview of Ketchikan and culture? She goes to Saxman Village? Do you think that is a place not to miss? This is our first time to Alaska and first cruise. I have tons of questions.

Thanks for any suggestions, comments.:)

We tried to book excursion to Misty Fiords with Island Wings but they were booked. Does anyone have experience with anyone else that does a comparable trip? We are going in August on Princess Star and their Misty Fiords excursion is thru Spirit of Alaska. Any comments, suggestions would be welcomed. Thank you!

If we're not going Ziplining - I was going to book w/Island Wings for their excursion to Misty Fiords - I hope they're not booked for our date............

We are also on the Star - Aug. 3 sailing.....RU with us??

Budget Queen,

Enjoyed your suggestions for Ketchikan. We are considering do a tour with Lois Munch of Classic Tours. Would that give us a good overview of Ketchikan and culture? She goes to Saxman Village? Do you think that is a place not to miss? This is our first time to Alaska and first cruise. I have tons of questions.

Thanks for any suggestions, comments.:)

Lois, always gets RAVES. Enjoy your day with her. :)

I have flown with several Ketchikan companies. My top recommendations are Island Wings and Southeast Aviation.