Carnival Triumph??

We have a Caribbean rez on the Triumph in Nov 2008. My husband and I are in our 50's and wonder if anyone our age sails on this ship and their feelings about it. We have sailed Princess' date=' Celebrity, HAL, and the QM and always have fun. How is the food, staff etc on the Triumph?[/quote']

Ahhhhhh you will have a great time on this ship and would be surpirsed at the variey of ages on any CCL ship. You will see sr. citizens all the way down to infants and all inbetween.

The ship will have activities for all ages.... but do not look for the same cruise experience as you have had on your listed cruises..... Carnival is a great value and has the highest passenger return ratio in the cruise industry.

Food quality is by all means NOT fine dining, but acceptable. Please be prepared for the dining room events you will soon exoerience that will either be an enjoyment for you, or you will find it tacky.....

I have found the staff to be for the most part very personal and attentive to your needs.

Entertainment is very good.....

Go over to the Carnival Boards and you will find others that have sailed on the ship and perhaps get a better feel of what you are soon to experience.

I figure that a bad day on a cruise is better than a good day at work !

hi, we sailed the triumph last sept...the ports is y we chose her..half moon and gr turk r great!! s juan sucks and st thomas is fine..we have a good time on any cruise let me start with that...they had no bands playing around the pools, only the same tape every day..day after day...the aft pool/hot tubs r suppsoed to be adults only, but they had very young people working on the ship who did not enfore it at all...like every other ship we have sailed with carnival. no big deal, if they would just be quiet and not put water in their mouths and spit it out again. eeewww...

i did sent back several meals, we r not picky eaters but the steaks were never cooked to order. the lobster was great for some reason.. the last day at sea, the johns would not flush so that was a bit of an inconvience for a few hours! the smell....this is what really got to us...we noticed it when we first got to our cabin day #1..it woke us several times, we thought we were in a gas chamber!!! laquer paint nasty, stomach twisting..no kiddin! one of our cc pals saw my review and added that his wife used to be an concerige on costa and this is what they use to cover sewage odors....thats nice..we were with him and his dw on the cruise, we never said much about negative things during the cruise. better than being at home! after we got home some of us posted what we thought..

i dont think triumph even goes to half moon or gr turk any longer...we love to cruise and have been on 7 carnival and just sailed the mariner of the sea with rccl...the food on carnival is soooo much better than what we experienced with rccl..we ate in the buffet most nights to avoid the same white rice every night. eeww.

my dh is in his 60,s and i will be 50 in a few weeks, there were all ages and types like usual. we will be sailing carnival next time too..i hope ya'll have a great cruise, if u smell the laquer, ask your cabin steward and let us know what he says!! we didnt c ours enough to ask!!! cindy:)

Archived