"L" Shaped Room # 6450 on the Glory

We looked for information on these rooms before our cruise, and found it a bit scarce.

I posted this on my review, but I just found this section of the board thought it might be good to put it here so it might be easier for people to find.

Our Room – “L” Shaped Room, just before the “Wrap” # 6450, Long Balcony. I want to take a few minutes to show the room… before the cruise we often found ourselves searching for information on these rooms and struggled to find it.

Our room was the bottom balcony (Deck 6 – Upper) and the last room on the port side (just before the “aft-wrap”). Here is an exterior…

2083373020102554210S500x500Q85.jpg

Inside the ship, you got to the back end of the hall, enter a doorway to a “mini-hall” which has two staterooms off it, straight ahead is the rear aft-wrap and just around the corner to the right is the door to room 6450.

2605844940102554210S200x200Q85.jpg

Open the door and you enter the hall with 3 closets on the left, followed by a short wall area with 1 chair and movable table and the fridge cabinet / “make-up counter” / 4-drawer unit and upper safe-cabinet with TV above. To the right is a plain wall (where in the other standard staterooms would be the bathroom). Straight ahead is the first of 2 good size windows looking out to the Balcony (about 4’ x 4’ each).

2624962700102554210S500x500Q85.jpg

I walked to the end of the hall, turned a little to the right, and we see the second window and the door to the balcony. At the bottom of the picture you also see the foot of the bed…

2534332500102554210S500x500Q85.jpg

I continued to walk in about half the length of the bed and continued to rotate to the right, and now we see a glimpse of the bathroom…

2412788540102554210S500x500Q85.jpg

…and from the corner of the bed we turn a little more and see into the bathroom a bit more.

2145399330102554210S425x425Q85.jpg

…to be continued…

Making our way to the foot of the bed (standing now in front of the first window), I rotate to the right a bit more and we see the head of the bed…

2734706040102554210S500x500Q85.jpg

I moved across the foot of the bed to the other side (standing now in front of the second window), I continue my rotation to get a look back at the chair and table, and the desk area. Looking in the reflection of the mirror you can again see the bed and bathroom…

2353794850102554210S500x500Q85.jpg

…moving back across the end of the bed and in front of the first window again, this time I rotate back a bit to the left, and we can see full circle, back down the entry hall…

2680285550102554210CRqMbz_th.jpg

…and again, with the 3 closet doors ajar a bit, showing the full-length mirror on the inside of the first closet door…

2740960890102554210S500x500Q85.jpg

I really could not get a good picture of the balcony…

We spoke Saturday night to our steward (Johnny), asking about getting a lounge chair on our balcony. He did not know if he could, but said he would try in the morning. He showed up with it around 11 am, and we happened to be there. We tried together to get it to the balcony, but due to a awkward/tight corner by the balcony door,

2534332500102554210S500x500Q85.jpg

there was no physical way to get it out the door (and believe me, we tried from every angle).

For some reason, Johnny left the lounge chair sitting out in the hall for the afternoon. Mid afternoon, we realized we had a group of young guys in the adjoining aft-wrap. DW suggested that I ask them to pass it around the barrier from their balcony. I asked, they agreed, and presto, we had our lounge chair. (I later saw Johnny and told him we got it in, and suggested he not ask how… and I gave him a tip… - I also told him how we got it so he would know how to remove it in 2 weeks.)

Balcony size... We placed the big lounge chair at the aft end, with the head towards the aft-wrap and the foot headed towards the front (turned a bit towards the rail), then we placed the round steel balcony table near the foot, then a chair. There was then a few feet before coming to the door to the room. We placed the second balcony chair against the divider to the next "L-Shaped Room - 6448" - it fit there nicely allowing the door to swing open easily (with the chair behind it)... I meant to measure it off with my size 12 feet, but forgot to, but i would estimate that it was about 3.5' x 20'. I hope all that makes since.

Did you like this cabin set up?

Did you find that you were ontop of each other--midweek into the cruise?

We enjoyed the cabin... found it to be fine except for one thing. Without the presence of a chesterfield (sofa), when we ordered (and ate) through room service, we would pull the little table out and one person would sit in the chair, but the other had to sit on the bed. Not all that comfortable... in hinde sight, I guess we could have brought in one of the chairs from the balcony, but never thought of that till now.

But the fact is, we did not spend much time in the cabin, except to get dressed or to be on the bed :eek: ! Other than than, we spent our time on the long balcony.

We aloso enjoyed the location. When going somewhere, we always knew we had to go forward... and when returning to the stateroom, regardless of where we were, we headed to the aft. No thinking required.

We aloso enjoyed the location. When going somewhere, we always knew we had to go forward... and when returning to the stateroom, regardless of where we were, we headed to the aft. No thinking required.

Unless you turned the wrong way after getting off the elevator and wound up at the front of the ship--now that was a long walk- Only did it once since that was alll it took.. :D

we had the L shape cabin on the liberty on deck 7- first side balcony since we are aft snobs. The cabin has a lot of sq footage that can not be used-- the closet took up a lot of space. If the closet was moved closer to the cabin door a sofa could be used in the cabin. I hated not having a sofa. I felt that the cabin was closing in on me.

if you want bigger for the same money--go to the aft.

Archived