Best pictures of public indoor spots on ship

IMG_1557.jpg

The only let down was these in all room and suites for your hot drinks made in room.

We always bring our insulated travel coffee mugs along and love the thought of being able to make our own coffee in the cabin. I take it that it is just a kettle for boiling the water?

Kathy:)

I just registered here and have been lurking for the past week or so. This forum is the first one I'm posting in, because I am in looove with these photos!!

I'm going on my first cruise in Jan. '09 on Carnival Destiny, so all these photos are just whetting my appetite. I have a digital camera, but it's just a point and shoot. I don't think I could get anything near the quality of the photos here with my camera. Heck, I just recently switched to digital from film!

Anyway, thanks for sharing.

Timespliters: are those stateroom windows overlooking the Promenade? Wouldn't that be awfully noisy??

I just registered here and have been lurking for the past week or so. This forum is the first one I'm posting in, because I am in looove with these photos!!

I'm going on my first cruise in Jan. '09 on Carnival Destiny, so all these photos are just whetting my appetite. I have a digital camera, but it's just a point and shoot. I don't think I could get anything near the quality of the photos here with my camera. Heck, I just recently switched to digital from film!

Timespliters: are those stateroom windows overlooking the Promenade? Wouldn't that be awfully noisy??

They do not open just for looking out

Don't underestimate your little point and shoot, many shots here were done with point and shoots, you just need to learn all that you can do with it, and frame the shots well. You could even join us in the C.C.P.I.C.S. thread, it is a thread on learning how to get the most out of your camera, frame your shots better, and learn how to take pics in challenging situations (like all of those indoor shots) any camera will do!

MAC

Like bakechef said, don't underestimate the mighty point and shoot!

Canon SD800:

medium.jpgmedium.jpg

My old 5MP Minolta G500 P&S:

medium.jpg

One of my favorites came from the G500:

medium.jpg

I shoot most of the travel photos with the DSLRs, but I always carry a P&S. The best camera for all situations is sometimes two (or three!) cameras and the picture you take with any camera will always be better than the one you didn't take!;)

Enjoy your cruise and Happy Shooting!

Dave

Thank you to all of you who have shared photos. One quick question if I may please: How in the world do you manage to get so many great shots (both day and evening pictures) with no people in them (and if there are people there are hardly any)? My DH and I are going on our very first cruise and are fortunate enough to be able to head to Alaska, and I'm looking forward to getting TONS of pictures but would like to get as few of people in them as possible. Call me crazy, but I love scenery pictures (especially for scrapbooking reasons).

Our best interior no people in them pictures are taken the last night on board - late. Everyone is in bed and ready to go home and we wander the ship and take the pictures we said we would take and hadn't yet.

Most late nights (other than say deck party night) most people are in bed and the ships are pretty quiet except for the disco and lounge areas.

Another good time is early morning. Not many people up and about unless it is an early morning port like Cayman at 7am. So early morning on a sea day. Of course that is hard for me because I tend to sleep in like everyone else! LOL :o Debbie

Of course, the first day on board is another great time to get ship photos with few people. At boarding, most people fly on up to the buffet and pool area, leaving the rest of the ship almost abandoned...so on day 1, I go to my room, drop my carry-ons, and then head right out to the ship rooms to snap some photos.

Also, any day in port is a great time for photos - if it's your first cruise, that may be hard - but if you've been on alot of cruises, you sometimes don't need to spend as much time at some ports that you go to alot (St Thomas, Grand Cayman, Nassau, etc)...so if you leave a few hours after the initial deboarding rush, or come back earlier...you'll find a mostly empty ship.

OH - and as to the post about not underestimating P&S cams - I'll add my voice to that too! The first 4 shots I posted in this thread, from onboard the Zuiderdam, were all taken with my Sony T100 ultra-compact...it's with me all the time, whether my bigger camera comes along or not!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived