sea3668rn

Crown Princess

Hello all, we will be cruising with Princess on the Nov 2 excursion to the Eastern Caribbean for our honeymoon. My fiance has cruised before but I have not. We went to the travel agent intending to book with RC, but decided we liked this itinerary better so here we are! We booked a category BB on the Riviera deck. Anyone stay in one of these before? I have been perusing these forums to learn a little bit more as we had done all of our research on RC prior to booking our cruise.

I am a bit concerned as I have read a few reviews that say the food leaves a little to be desired, but others seem to be OK. Honestly, I think my fiance only wants to go on a cruise for the food! Can anybody who has recently been on the Crown Princess clear this up? I am concerned that he will be disappointed if he doesn't what he is expecting. Also, do they have a midnight buffet?

Now, for my question, has anybody had problems with motion sickness, and is the area we will be cruising at all prone to rough water? I tend to get carsick at times and am a little concerned about this. Other than that as long as I have time to relax on a lounge chair and enjoy the sea air I think I will be happy as can be.

Sorry for all the questions, I am just very excited to be going on my first cruise and am anxious to hear more about Princess. Thanks!;)

Hello all, we will be cruising with Princess on the Nov 2 excursion to the Eastern Caribbean for our honeymoon. My fiance has cruised before but I have not. We went to the travel agent intending to book with RC, but decided we liked this itinerary better so here we are! We booked a category BB on the Riviera deck. Anyone stay in one of these before? I have been perusing these forums to learn a little bit more as we had done all of our research on RC prior to booking our cruise.

I am a bit concerned as I have read a few reviews that say the food leaves a little to be desired, but others seem to be OK. Honestly, I think my fiance only wants to go on a cruise for the food! Can anybody who has recently been on the Crown Princess clear this up? I am concerned that he will be disappointed if he doesn't what he is expecting. Also, do they have a midnight buffet?

Now, for my question, has anybody had problems with motion sickness, and is the area we will be cruising at all prone to rough water? I tend to get carsick at times and am a little concerned about this. Other than that as long as I have time to relax on a lounge chair and enjoy the sea air I think I will be happy as can be.

Sorry for all the questions, I am just very excited to be going on my first cruise and am anxious to hear more about Princess. Thanks!;)

Welcome to CC, we sailed on the Crown in a BB cabin on Riviera deck in the 700's.

It is a beautiful ship and we loved every minute onboard her.

Take Ginger pills with you and some Dramamine too.

The water should be great but you never know as you are on a ship.

I don't think this area has too much movement. :)

Not all that long ago we too were very excited to be going on our first cruise. Not quite certain what to expect, we kept an open mind, booked a balcony at a price we knew we could afford and just went with the flow.

We've had a Riviera balcony on the Dawn; a "higher" deck on both the Dawn and the Crown. We didn't measure the total square footage as it wasn't important to us. We didn't notice any "sway" or "rocking" that others on a higher level thought we might experience. What was most important was cleanliness..and Princess has never disappointed us in that area. If you get carsick, check with your doctor who may suggest a Dramamine patch or other remedy.

We were on the Crown this past September. We ate in the Crown Grill, the International Cafe, Vines, The Horizon Court and the traditional dining room. On past cruises we've eaten in Sabatini's..never once, never ever did we have a bad meal. The real treat for us is not having to cook or clean up, so we are happy campers on a cruise. Food is so subjective; be prepared for other posters to provide their feedback as a supplement to mine.

Our first Princess cruise, like yours, was our wedding/ honeymoon. We were married on board the Dawn. Have a wonderful time on your cruise and congratulations.

While it's been over a year, I still remember the Crown. We were on the Caribe deck, so can't help you there.

The food was fine, and the Horizon Court is open 24 hours a day. So they didn't do a midnight buffet. Maybe there was a deck party, but I don't remember. We were too busy going to games and shows. If you like seafood, a cold seafood buffet was served the first night in Cafe Caribe (aft of Horizon Court). It was yummy!!

I suffer from motion sickness, too, and learned from this board to take a Bonine (OTC) the night before the cruise and each night thereafter. Take it at bedtime in case these things bother you ("Non-Drowsy Dramamine" knocked me out).

Hope this helps with some of your questions.

Have a great cruise!!

We'll be on the same 11/2 Crown cruise (join the Roll Call forum!). Been on the Crown last February...beautiful ship! The food is fine, you won't be dissapointed. As for a midnight buffet, you won't miss it. There are plenty of eating opportunities all day, and the buffet is nearly 24 hours. Don't second guess your decision to take this cruise, it's wonderful.

I agree with everyone elses comments. We loved loved loved the Crown. For something extra special & romantic ...I suggest booking the Ultimate Balcony Dinner. The food-- canapes, lobster & veggies and desert are all so great & worth the 50pp charge. You also get a photo and some tabletop flowers. Add a nice bottle of wine and just enjoy eachothers company. Another must do/ try is Sabatini's. So yummy. Go on an empty stomach and be prepared for great meal er..meals & just an all around fun experience.

Don't worry...enjoy every minute of your cruise. Its your honeymoon!

Congrats!!!

First, don't worry about motion sickness.

The new state-of-the-art cruise ships come with retractable fin stabilizers that minimize side-to-side motion in potentially rough seas, making smooth and comfortable sailing.

As for the food, it's almost like a hit or miss. It all depends on your likes and dislikes not what others have said. All I can tell you is that the Crown had the best food so far on all our cruises. Everything was perfect. I personally can't say a bad thing about it.

Go enjoy your cruise.

Yep, agree that the food is good on Crown. First night seafood buffet was wonderful and I will make sure I go when on Emerald in November. On Crown in December we forgot about it till late so we had 6:00 dinner then lobster claws at 11pm!!. :D

Regarding seas, you just never know. We had very calm water until the last night, which was the short hop from St. Thomas to San Juan. VERY rough but you're on a huge vessel and have a good time anyway! We did!

Enjoy and welcome to Princess!

Thank you all for the kind responses! We procrastinated a bit deciding where we were going to honeymoon, and I have to say I am thrilled that it seems we made a great decision. So glad to hear the food is good, and the great recommendations are so helpful! I am really happy there is a board like this for a cruise novice like me!

CONGRATS on your upcoming Honeymoon and Marriage. Hope you both will have many happy and loving years together....forever

Congrats on getting married! My wife and I got married last May and took our honeymoon aboard the Crown Princess. We loved it!

The food was good enough--we definitely did not starve. It was the first time aboard a cruise that we actually attended a majority of the shows. They were really entertaining. I would definitely take another trip on the Crown. Congrats!

Hi! I'm getting married on November 16th sailing of the Crown. This will also be my first cruise. My fiance has also cruised before, but not on the Crown. I just started posting here myself. We are total foodies and have heard nothing but great things about food on the Crown. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and have a great time on your honeymoon cruise. You may want to check out the honeymoon and wedding board under special interest cruising. :)

In MY opinion, the Crown had the best food of all my 13 Princess cruises. The Chef's Table and Sabatini's are nothing short of great...again, in MY opinion.

Yep, agree that the food is good on Crown. First night seafood buffet was wonderful and I will make sure I go when on Emerald in November. On Crown in December we forgot about it till late so we had 6:00 dinner then lobster claws at 11pm!!. :D

Regarding seas, you just never know. We had very calm water until the last night, which was the short hop from St. Thomas to San Juan. VERY rough but you're on a huge vessel and have a good time anyway! We did!

Enjoy and welcome to Princess!

mizlorinj,

:confused:Can you tell me more about the Seafood buffet? You said it was the 1st night out? What time does it start? What all is served besides the lobster claws? Does the main dining rooms do similar dishes or just regular menu fare? Which buffet is it served: Horizon or Carib? :confused:

Thanks.