Cruise Critic Community
waterbugohio

Where can I find Margartiville liquor??

Going on the Serenade in November and wondered where Margaritaville brand liquor would be sold?? Here in the state it can be hard to find. Only some liquor stores carry it, other wise I have to go to a Margaritaville store. Wondered if I will find it in San Juan or St. Thomas??

If you go to the Margaritaville website it shows a list of their stores all over the Caribbean....the islands you list are not on it though...:eek:

We found and bought some in a couple of liquor stores in St Maarteen. When the ship docks take the ferry to downtown and you should be able to find a store along main street that has it. There is also a last Mango in Paradise ( Buffett store) right near the pier so might check it out also. We are fortunate enough to have a BevMo within a few miles of our house and they carry it, as well as a Margaritaville across town in Glendale and they carry it. Bets of luck finding it.....

Is it that rare? Every liquor store around here carries it, and as I remember, it is pretty cheap because it's not 100% agave tequilla. Or are there various levels of it?

So are they all listed for sure or are you saying that they are not located on any of our islands??

Not according to their website- not to say you won't be able to find it at a regular liquor store though. Our local Kroger stores sell a small selection...

Margaritavill liquor sucks I have had it and you can get it all over here in Houston, However the mix is what makes them what they are I always get the margaritavill margarita mix its great mix it with any OTHER Tequila and you got a great drink but dont break your neck looking for the liquor.

Margaritavill tequila is foul. tequila is one spirit that you might want to spend a little more money on.

Well, heres the story. I'm not much of a drinker but I like coconut. I happened across this Margaritaville Calipso Coconut Tequila. ANd I really like it. Maybe it is not the best tequila, but from someone who doesn't know any better, I really like it. So until I find something else better, this is what I am drinking

I for one like Margaritaville Tequilla, but I don't waste my time with mixers.

The best mixer for Margaritas is -

1 can limeade

1 1/2 cans water

1 cup of tequilla

The only way I drink tequilla. Try it, you will like it.:)

I for one like Margaritaville Tequilla, but I don't waste my time with mixers.

The best mixer for Margaritas is -

1 can limeade

1 1/2 cans water

1 cup of tequilla

The only way I drink tequilla. Try it, you will like it.:)

I don't know who showed you how to make a great rita but thats not it, I know a mixer is a shortcut but a can of limeade and water isnt my idea of a great drink. Get better liquor even sauza is better then that you dont have to break the bank but you dont want something that watered down, if you ever drink some good stuff you will see that Margaritavill has cut it with something its missing like half of its body. I'm not picking at you drink it if you like it but for not much more I think you can go to a good store and find something better, I say try something you never heard of before.

I agree with you. When I want a top notch margaritta I use the Don Julio and Grand Marnier. When I want a a nice refreshing drink on a hot summer day, this is what I enjoy.

I have found Margaritaville Liquor and mixers at our local Kroger and I think Meijer stores.

I have never checked Kroger. Thanks for the suggestions.

And no I don't use it to make margaritas, I use it with Diet Coke.

So do you have another suggestion for Coconut Tequila? I like it better than coconut rum.

Waterbug, if you are going to St. Maarten, right at the pier there is a place that you can buy Rum Jumbie. You must try it. They have free samples. The "Coconut" flavor is the BEST....... You just might like it as well as you Coconut tequilla.

They have all flavors as well.

Have fun.

I love tequilla just one way........................... Patron silver straight UP.... :eek: YUM..

Sooner,

thanks for the info. I will try this. I Rum Jumbie a brand or what do I look for?? Would I be able to buy it here??

Actually I don't like straight tequila at all. The first bottle of the Coconut tequila I had was a sample bottle and I thought it was a rum. Not till after I purchased a regular bottle and read the label did I realize that it was tequila (you see how big of drinker I am)

This looked like the most appropriate thread in which to ask my tequila question. I'm sailing on AOS in January, and am a tequila snob. If it's not 100% agave, I won't touch it! Cuervo Gold? Blech! Am I going to find any drinkable (in my definition) tequila on board the ship? Or am I going to mostly be drinking rum? (not that there's anything at all wrong with that)