Hotels near Boston Piers?

Looking for some information on hotels near the Boston piers that are resonable. I'd like to take both my legs and arms on the cruise with me:D Looks like something is going on in the Boston area on the first week of October, so my choices may be limited. Anyone with info, I'll be grateful. Thanks!

Gail

There have been many long discussions about Boston Hotel Rooms on this board, including specific hotel recommendations and Priceline strategies. Boston is a small city, so almost any hotel will be a reasonable distance from the cruise dock. People have discussed staying in Quincy, which is just south of Boston. There are only two hotels in South Boston - the Westin by the Convention Center and the Seaport, both of which are pricey.

Do you have a car or are you flying into Logan? There would be many more options just outside the city if you have a car.

What is your date?

We're coming up from LI the day before, taking the ferry over to New London then driving in. We had wanted to get near the piers so we could perhaps do a little sightseeing before heading to the ship. We're heading out on the Dream on October 5. We usually go out of NY, but I wasn't wild about tendering in on the Dawn and much prefer to dock in St George or Hamilton (which is no longer as option) have been to Bermuda 7x's and always on a small ship (Crown and X' Zenith) I'll check out your rec's and see what turns up. Thanks for your help!

Hi my hubby and I are travelling out of Boston to New England/Canada on 10/11/08 and looking for a good hotel that is reasonably priced.......we are flying into Logan from Florida........I don't care about taxis etc.....I just want a nice hotel that is not going to break the bank before the cruise.....I will look into Marriot Long Wharf..........but the vicinity indicates $$$$ to me.......any other ideas..........................

Thanks.........Lee

I searched the board and came up with these discussions about Boston Hotel Rooms.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=746061&highlight=boston

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=742911&highlight=boston

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=783897&highlight=boston

Boston hotel rooms are certainly expensive even though your stay would be a Saturday night. Have you thought about a park/sleep/fly? http://www.parksleepfly.com/reservation/search.php This appears to be a popular option since several places are sold out for your dates. I would look at the Marriott Courtyard in Revere before the Ramada in South Boston even though the Ramada is closer to the pier.

You could come into Boston on Saturday and check into the hotel. Then drive into Boston and pay to park while you do whatever. Take a cab from the hotel to the pier, leaving your car for the week.

Another option is to search the 95/128 beltway for cheaper motels. The threads mention someplace in Quincy that folks have stayed. Then just drive into Boston and pay to park. You'll be there on a Saturday so traffic should be OK and it will be a lot less expensive than a downtown hotel that is only for one night.

For the folks who are coming into Logan on 10/11 - you don't have a car so your options are more limited. How many nights are you in Boston? There are some hotel suggestions on the threads. You said you are not interested in taxis, but do you know that the Silver Line bus will take you from the airport to South Station and that it can also take you to the cruise pier? That could save you some $$$$.

We would recommend checking out the Holiday Inn Express in South Boston. Close to the bus and subway station, so touring Boston would be easy if you plan on an extended stay. A rather short cab ride to the Black Falcon pier, and the rates don't seem over-the-top as would a downtown Boston hotel.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hotel/boshj?rpb=hotel&crUrl=/h/d/ex/1/en/mapsearchresults

Good luck!

Try Best Western, Adams Inn, Quincy MA. You can keep your car there for up to two weeks, N/C, and they will drive you to the ship and pick up post cruise. There's a continental breakfast included in their reasonable rates. This hotel also services those flying into BOS.

I've stayed there pre cruise and pre flight on numerous occasions and have never had a problem. A few times when I was dropped off by family, the staff drove me to a nearby restaurant or T station. Sure beats the premium hotels in Boston for service.

Darcy

We're coming up from LI the day before, taking the ferry over to New London then driving in. We had wanted to get near the piers so we could perhaps do a little sightseeing before heading to the ship. We're heading out on the Dream on October 5. We usually go out of NY, but I wasn't wild about tendering in on the Dawn and much prefer to dock in St George or Hamilton (which is no longer as option) have been to Bermuda 7x's and always on a small ship (Crown and X' Zenith) I'll check out your rec's and see what turns up. Thanks for your help!

Salt Air.... If you are driving up from CT can I suggest a hotel on 95/128 in Waltham/ Newton. There are serveral hotelsin Waltham, Ma, Best Western, HI Express, Court Yard and several others. In Newton there is a Marriott. From both areas you are 5 minutes to the Mass Pike and 15 minutes on a Sunday morning into Boston on the Mass Pike to the South Boston exit.

Nice famliy Italian restaurant in Waltham.......

http://www.chateaurestaurant.com/Default.asp

We're also departing out of Bos this september, and found a Best Western that we thought very reasonable (after pricing most of the hotels in the region :eek: ) Especially given the fact that they have complimentary shuttle service to/from the airport and Black falcon pier, and free continental breakfast. It's the Best Wester Adams Inn on Hancock St in Quincy. They also say that they are just a short walk from a T-line stop.

We got a room there for 149.

Go to MBTA.com. The RED line train goes to South Station. The Terminal is on the other end of Summer Street. Also, the SILVER line runs to the terminal,,,, it will be a SHORT taxi ride also

We're also departing out of Bos this september, and found a Best Western that we thought very reasonable (after pricing most of the hotels in the region :eek: ) Especially given the fact that they have complimentary shuttle service to/from the airport and Black falcon pier, and free continental breakfast. It's the Best Wester Adams Inn on Hancock St in Quincy. They also say that they are just a short walk from a T-line stop.

If you want to stay in Quincy. Which is good option I would pass pn the Best Western and opt for the Quincy Marriott. Very nice Hotel Weekend AAA rate is $149

Enjoy your Cruise

• 3 weeks later...

I know hotel prices vary greatly, but I wanted to make sure you checked for any available discounts. I read about the Adams Inn on many CC posts and will be staying there pre and post cruise very soon. We have a AAA rate of $134.10, plus tax, although there are other discounts.

I hope you can save a few more bucks!

Karen

• 3 weeks later...

We are flying in on a Friday night arriving around 11PM. Looking for one of the Marriott brand hotels with easy transfers to the hotel and then to the pier the next morning.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

ML

Here's a new hotel - It priced at $199 for me on 8/29/08. There may be further discounts for Marriott Rewards members.

This is actually now the closest hotel to the pier. It would be a quick cab ride from the airport and an even quicker cab ride to the pier.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/boswf-renaissance-boston-waterfront-hotel/

Here's a new hotel - It priced at $199 for me on 8/29/08. There may be further discounts for Marriott Rewards members.

This is actually now the closest hotel to the pier. It would be a quick cab ride from the airport and an even quicker cab ride to the pier.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/boswf-renaissance-boston-waterfront-hotel/

Thanks. That hotel is not available for points. What about Residence Inn Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf?

Thanks

ML

That would work for you - it's just over the bridge from the North End in Charlestown. If you get it free for points, I 'd grab it. You'll spend some money in cab fares, but you would have to do that anyway.

Trying to find one that will be the least expensive for cab fares: airport to hotel and hotel to ship.

ML

If you are considering staying at the Best Western Adams Inn in Quincy, Mass … cancel your reservation! Here’s why:

We checked in on July 3 and checked out the next morning because: the beds are old and sagging; the sheets were dirty, the sheets did not fit the mattress, and they were un-ironed and wrinkled; the pillows were old and smelly; the bathroom tile floor was sticky; the shower temperature knob was inaccurate which caused the shower to be too cold or too hot; the laundry room had dead bugs; the laundry folding table was filthy; the detergent machine was broken; the breakfast consisted of stale-tasting sweet rolls and canned fruit juice; the check-in manager was surly; the hotel is located next to a vet/kennel and the dogs bark most of the night; there is nothing nearby to walk to; and the hotel is very overpriced.

We had reserved this hotel for 2 nights, but checked out after the first night because it was so unpleasant. The hotel did offer to put us in a “suite” for the second night, but I wasn’t willing to chance another night with no sleep. We were in room 315.

This Best Western is overpriced and not worth it. :mad: Try the Boston DoubleTree at Bayside for $125. or the Embassy Suites at Logan airport for $149. Either of those will be a $20 taxi ride to the Black Falcon terminal … that’s only $10 per person.

-Liz

Mlleach - I think your choice is reasonable. It's a balance between what you pay for the room and what you pay for the cab fares.

This hotel is actually not that far from the airport. Your cab would come through the Sumner Tunnel and go through the North End to Charlestown. the hotel web site says $25, but it's probably a bit more. Then you get another cab to Black Falcon, which may be a similar amount of money.

Mlleach - I think your choice is reasonable. It's a balance between what you pay for the room and what you pay for the cab fares.

This hotel is actually not that far from the airport. Your cab would come through the Sumner Tunnel and go through the North End to Charlestown. the hotel web site says $25, but it's probably a bit more. Then you get another cab to Black Falcon, which may be a similar amount of money.

Thanks for the advice.

ML

Archived