Just back from Dawn --10/17

markf

cruise director was Paul Baya--

Traffic getting to the actual pier was not good--we got to the area around 1145AM we were going North on 12 ave --and had to make a U turn at 58st--That took 1 hour--If you are being driven there I recommend that the leave you off at 12 Ave and 47st--The ship was docked on 47 st--Of course they could change the pier by a few blocks-

Or if you drive I would recommend going crosstown on 58st --that would be quicker--

There is parking on the piers--but if you are adventuresome there is parking on 10Ave and 47st and you can walk to the pier -depending on your luggage

This morning we were first off the ship at around 1020AM and to our surprise 11 Ave was closed to a bike race--But note the ship docks around 8 30 am and it takes 2 hours to get the luggage off the ship and to have the ship cleared-

The seas were a little rocky but no one seemed to be ill--

The private Island was missed last week --still being repaired but was visited the prior week--instead we stayed overnight in Nassau and left Nassau at 11 am on Fri--which was 2-3 hours earlier than usual--that may effect arrival time ifthey left at 2 pm--

Room 11530! Cool.

My wife and I will be traveling next week with the kids in that same room.

What size bed was in the childrens room? The room description says there is a DVD library. I assume the room has a DVD player?

At what point did it get warm enough to put shorts on? (Day 2? Day 3?)

I'm having a Limo drop us off, will that make a differrence since he does not have to park?

How long did it take for your luggage to get to your room?

Thanks

Chris

we kept rm 11530 clean for you--there are 4 TVs in the suite --1 in living room 1 in bathroom 1 in each bedroom--the smaller bedroom has 1 bed and abunk bed --its a small room connected within the suite-and its own small bathroom--However the master bathroom is spacious with the best shower with 3 shower heads--actually 4 shower heads and a full window in the shower to the sea--and a jacuzzi bath as well -

we wore shorts the day we left--but in a few weeks it will be cooler--I would say by late morning on Monday you are equivalent to Cape Hatteras NC--so it couldbe low 70s if you are lucky

any questions please emaill me at

cribbish@aol.com

I am ready to go again--

• 1 month later...
I jst got back from my 2nd cruise in a year on the Dawn--We had a ownwers suite category AB --on deck 11 --11530--

any questions please ask--

Hi Marcf,

My husband and I will be staying in 11530 in 2006. Just wondering, what gemstone is that room? When you are in port, is your room facing land or water? Silly questions, but inquiring minds want to know. :p I am sure I will come up more silly questions before I go. Thanks :D

Archived