Maya57

Cruise director on Explorer

Just got off the 9-night New England/Canada cruise on the Explorer of the Seas

After experiencing numerous cruise directors on more than 42 cruises I give Dave Chapman, cruise director on the Explorer as number one.

He is witty, funny, easy to talk with and always available.

There are many good cruise directors but I think Dave Chapman is now my favorite.

If anyone is taking a cruise on the explorer with Dave as cruise director do not forget to watch channel 14 on the TV every morning, "Morning with Dave" he is hilarious as he reads the daily compass

Hi Maya57,

I agree with you, Dave Chapman is one of the best CD's we have sailed with. He was a big hit with the women in our group as well.

After experiencing numerous cruise directors on more than 42 cruises I give Dave Chapman, cruise director on the Explorer as number one.

There are many good cruise directors but I think Dave Chapman is now my favorite.

If anyone is taking a cruise on the explorer with Dave as cruise director do not forget to watch channel 14 on the TV every morning, "Morning with Dave" he is hilarious as he reads the daily compass

I am just off the same cruise as you, and I agree that Dave was great. He ranks right up there with Graham Seymour.

Hi Maya57,

I agree with you, Dave Chapman is one of the best CD's we have sailed with. He was a big hit with the women in our group as well.

Be careful, Marissa may scratch your eyes out. ;) :D

I second that for sure.....she must be away doing young teenage things for once!

posted on April 28, 2008:

I came back from the Celebrity's Mercury in March and I had a wonderful time interviewing and getting to know the cruise director, Damian de Lorenzis. I didn't even ask, but he offered me a private backstage tour and it was tons of fun :) I also got to take a look inside the office because we were experiencing some last-night difficulties with the confirmation letter he had to write out for my school.

It's wonderful to had special permission, I must say!

We had Dave on his very first outing as a cruise director last August. We thought he was great, and am glad to hear he is back on board the Explorer.

Anyone know how long he'll be onboard? we are sailing on the Christmas cruise and wonder if he'll be our CD?

:confused:

Not sure if Dave will still be on the explorer for your cruise. He just returned with our sailing on June 14 and will probably be off before December, but may be back on again by then.

I do have to agree with the others, Dave was a wonderful CD. I had no idea who he was or that he would be on our sailing and was pleasantly surprised. I also agree, you have to watch the morning show with Dave. My DD and I enjoyed this everyday, it was informative and usually very hilarious!

I do know they were both on the 8 12 07 sailing as the torch was passed to Dave.

I do know they were both on the 8 12 07 sailing as the torch was passed to Dave.

Thanks! I do believe he was on out 7/20.07 sailing. I really like him.

Thanks! I do believe he was on out 7/20.07 sailing. I really like him.

He's a young guy from Australia.

2978817620096754547aKTRHw_th.jpg

click to enlarge

It'll be good to have a lively cruise director ... the last few I've had were only meh. :)

I am not usually impressed by CD's, but he was really good. I seem to remember him following around the CD on our Ex cruise last July.

Will be on Explorer soon July 31 also to New England and Canada.Will be sure to watch channel 14.Thanks.Maybe he will attend our meet and Mingle as we have over 80 people signed up.Thanks again for the info.

Rumor has it that Dave is going on holiday in mid August.

I believe that is what he said on the disembarkation day during the question/answer session on the last day of our cruise. If I'm not mistaken, I think he said he has 2 months off.

I just got off the 9 night New England Cruise on Explorer and I love Dave Chapman!! :)

He is so much fun and has so much energy!!

I have him as a CD for Holiday 2007 cruise on Explorer and he has really improved and has his own character! Great to see a young CD having fun on a ship!

Will be on Explorer soon July 31 also to New England and Canada.Will be sure to watch channel 14.Thanks.Maybe he will attend our meet and Mingle as we have over 80 people signed up.Thanks again for the info.

He attended our M&M last week.

I just got off the 9 night New England Cruise on Explorer and I love Dave Chapman!! :)

He is so much fun and has so much energy!!

I have him as a CD for Holiday 2007 cruise on Explorer and he has really improved and has his own character! Great to see a young CD having fun on a ship!

Hi, Jen! Glad to see you made it home safely!:)

He's a young guy from Australia.

2978817620096754547aKTRHw_th.jpg

click to enlarge

Young HOT guy from Australia!!! He was on our EOS cruise last September. Does anyone know if he'll be the CD for our October 4th cruise? Pretty please?!?!?! I got my picture w/him and I think I need a more recent one, teehee. :D :p

P.S. Hey Mr.Pete - ya know what's funny? I actually took that photo of Dave that you posted while on the EOS last Sept!! I thought it looked familiar!!! lol!

Laura

I loved it when he sang "Baby in the Morning" as a warmup to the evening show.

Oh, and loved it when he said my name as he was handing out door prizes at our M&M!! :D

I loved it when he sang "Baby in the Morning" as a warmup to the evening show.

Oh, and loved it when he said my name as he was handing out door prizes at our M&M!! :D

Some people have all the luck!;) :D :p

He was the CD on our Explorer cruise last August. Very easy on the eyes!! ;) Love that accent!! And a lot of fun too! He must have been pretty new when we had him, but he did an amazing job.

I just returned from the 9 day cruise to Canada as well with Dave as the CD. He was very entertaining and a great opening act for the night shows. Thank you for all the information about the length of CD's jobs because I would like to try to have Dave on my next cruise, whenever that will be.

I recommend watching the morning shows as they are quite hilarious. He not only reads the itinerary for the day, but puts a "Dave spice" into it and makes it a very entertaining 10-15 minute show. Watching channel 14 is a great way to start the day on the cruise and you won't regret it.

Ack! So excited to go on our Explorer cruise on August 14th but if Dave is going on vacation mid august he'll probably not be on our cruise!! Please oh Please Someone going on Explorer before me find out when he goes on vaca and post it. Don't want to get my hopes up for great CD and have them crushed with a sub......

How long do CD's typically stay on the same ship? Is there any chance we'll have him next May? I always hear raves about him, so I'd love to have the experience of being on a ship where he is CD.

I just returned from the 9 day cruise to Canada as well with Dave as the CD. He was very entertaining and a great opening act for the night shows. Thank you for all the information about the length of CD's jobs because I would like to try to have Dave on my next cruise, whenever that will be.

I recommend watching the morning shows as they are quite hilarious. He not only reads the itinerary for the day, but puts a "Dave spice" into it and makes it a very entertaining 10-15 minute show. Watching channel 14 is a great way to start the day on the cruise and you won't regret it.

We just returned & agree that he's fabulous!! The morning show is hilarious!!

Is there any way to find out who the next CD will be on Explorer if Dave isn't returning after July/August?

:) I just read on another thread, from someone who just got back a day or 2 ago, that Dave mentioned something about going home in September, so it sounds like he'll be there for my August cruise! That's for the others of you who were wondering

I didn't really get how people made such a big deal about CD until we went on our last cruise. Dave Chapman is the best CD! He really is hilarious. His morning show is so funny. I hope to go on another cruise with him as CD again.

I must admit i had a great time on the Nordic Empress then i did on the Explorere of the seas, but like all cruises , nobody is actually gonna get 100 percent great cruise without some downfalls.

My most memorable moment on Explorer of the seas was of course the 70's disco night I got to dance with Dave Chapman (cd)as he was dressed as the construction worker from the Village people.;)

He sure wasent shy with me as we dirty danced on the Royal Promenade deck 5.

Dave is defently not shy when he is around alot of people but try and chat with him one on one and he truly is a shy and seriouse. Too bad we didnt exchange e-mails :).

My biggest complant about this cruiseship was they take their sweet time serving dinner in the dining room and the Windjammer closes way to early.

I second that for sure.....she must be away doing young teenage things for once!

Studying for standardized tests, working very hard in school, joined a recycling program, student council...it's what I've been up to. BUT I'M BACKKK! Everyone's worst nightmare, right? Hahah.

Funny how I'm associated with Dave Chapman in this way, no?

I would never scratch anyone's eyes out! I know I've sorta ranted a few times about him, but he isn't my property :)

Hey, Marissa, did you move to California?!?!?!? ;) :p :D :D :D

I seriously haven't been on Cruise Critic in agesss. I have no clue what's going on.

But I'm guessing Dave's ship is positioned in California?!

Hardy har har.

Although another thread tells me he'll be back on the Explorer (is it still in NJ?)I'm actually visiting family in NJ for the holidays.

I'm so lost with everything. Fill me in!