Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

secretv2

Has anyone booked with Johann & Sandra's Tours?

I'll spend the $12 more all day long for some tranquility, the sailing experience, and extra nice service. Gil emailed me back right away. We're going to book with Cabosail. Thanks again Kristy for their info.

We're going to shoot for Wild Canyon Monster Zips next year. Too bad for Cabo Expeditions. Old rule of business....customer service first.

Hi Ren,

I see that your ship sails the same days ours does. We're sailing out of San Francisco though. It's an 11 night cruise all the way down to Acapulco. I went to porttime.com and checked and our ships are in Mazatlan on the same day! That's pretty cool. We're doing the horseback ride with Randi's Happy Horses to Stone Island. I think it will be fun. I hope that we all have a wonderful cruise!

Kristy

Hey Kristy-

So the Sun and the Vision will be in port the same day. Cool and good to know. Yes, I saw that 11-day out of San Fran- how awesome is that?? You'll have to pop back on and let me know how it went because I've only been on 7-day cruises and wonder how I'd do on a longer one.

We found out our tour operator for the Mazatlan dolphin tour is Onca Expeditions. I looked up their web site and am totally excited. There is lots of positive feedback on CC about Randi's, so I bet you will have a great time!

Hey Ren and Kristy,

Since you both are going on Cabosail. would you mind reporting back as to how the experience was? It sounds wonderful, but I'm not sure if I want to sign up for an excursion or hang at the beach.

Thanks a lot,

Annette

Hey Ren and Kristy,

Since you both are going on Cabosail. would you mind reporting back as to how the experience was? It sounds wonderful, but I'm not sure if I want to sign up for an excursion or hang at the beach.

Thanks a lot,

Annette

Hi Annette,

Depending on how long you are in port you could probably do both. The sail on the Yael is 3 hours. You snorkel the Pelican's Rock area and you will sail along lover’s beach, the arch, the sea lions colony and the pacific side. I read quite a few posts on CC recommending the Yael. You might want to do a search and see what you come up with but I will definitely post a review when we get back. :)

Kristy

Hi Annette,

Depending on how long you are in port you could probably do both. The sail on the Yael is 3 hours. You snorkel the Pelican's Rock area and you will sail along lover’s beach, the arch, the sea lions colony and the pacific side. I read quite a few posts on CC recommending the Yael. You might want to do a search and see what you come up with but I will definitely post a review when we get back. :)

Kristy

Hi Kristy,

After I posted this, I did a search on the "Yael" and all of the responses were positive. We're in port from 7-4, so if we're on the 10-1 sailing we might have time for a quick ride. We definitely wanted to ride waverunners and I don't believe they're on Stone Island and in PV we're going on an adventurous trip (by ourselves:o ) to Sayulita.

Thanks again.

Hi Annette,

I so wanted to do a wave runner/snorkeling excursion while in Cabo but I could not get a response from anyone that had a website offering this. I was hugely disappointed. We decided instead to do the Yael and I think it will be a wonderful experience. That is as long as I don't get seasick! LOL I'll be wearing my scopolamine patch so hopefully I won't.

Kristy

Kristy:

I'm also interested in doing the Cabo Sail with Yael - but would be interested in how it works for you.

We are there with Sapphire Princess on 10/9 - however we are only in port until 2:00 pm. I email them and they said that they could do a 3 hour from 10-1pm. So we should be back to the ship on time - however it isn't allowing a lot of extra time.

I was wondering if anyone else has used them and could tell how dependable they are - sure would hate to miss the ship. But I hate taking ship excursions - prefer smaller groups.

When are you going?

Kristy:

I'm also interested in doing the Cabo Sail with Yael - but would be interested in how it works for you.

We are there with Sapphire Princess on 10/9 - however we are only in port until 2:00 pm. I email them and they said that they could do a 3 hour from 10-1pm. So we should be back to the ship on time - however it isn't allowing a lot of extra time.

I was wondering if anyone else has used them and could tell how dependable they are - sure would hate to miss the ship. But I hate taking ship excursions - prefer smaller groups.

When are you going?

Hi Mary,

We leave on September 21st and will be in Cabo on September 29th. I personally spoke with the captain of the Yael and he is very friendly and accommodating. One thing to keep in mind is that you need to make sure you have enough time to get ashore before your excursion starts. I'm assuming that Princess works the same as other lines in that if you don't book through the ship and you're in a tender port you are not first off the ship. You have to wait until everyone who booked through the ship goes ashore. We arrive at 9am but we wouldn't have been able to make the 10am sail which is why we're going at noon. We're lucky in that we get quite a bit more time in port. We're there from 9am until 6pm. What time do you have to be back on the ship prior to sailing? That will only give you an hour which might be cutting it too close. I think if my time was that restricted I would bite the bullet and book through the ship to avoid being left behind. I will post about my excursions as soon as I get back on October 3rd.

Kristy

Hi Kristy, it is with much interest that I'm reading your posts, as I'm on the Sun from Oct 13 out of SF. I too will be waiting for your review of the cruise, ports and excursions. I've only booked Acapulco (Golf at the Princess thru ship), and PV (Los Veranos) so far...and am still going back and forth for Cabo, Mazatlan and Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo. If I don't decide in the next week or two...your reviews will certainly help.

Have a great trip!

Hi Kristy, it is with much interest that I'm reading your posts, as I'm on the Sun from Oct 13 out of SF. I too will be waiting for your review of the cruise, ports and excursions. I've only booked Acapulco (Golf at the Princess thru ship), and PV (Los Veranos) so far...and am still going back and forth for Cabo, Mazatlan and Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo. If I don't decide in the next week or two...your reviews will certainly help.

Have a great trip!

Hi Travel_Queen! I will be most happy to help out when I get back. I actually get home on the 2nd but I'm thinking my review might have to wait until the 3rd. LOL We live just an hour and a half north of SF so it's not too bad a trip home although we're taking the airporter up to Sonoma County. They do a run to the cruise port but it wasn't my preferred way of going but definitely the least expensive.

You could actually do something along with the golf in Acapulco since we're in port so long. I'm assuming yours is the same, arrive at 9am and leave at 12:30am? That's a long time in port. We're doing the Shotover Jet Boat excursion along with the cliff divers and a mini city tour. Then that evening I think we're probably eat somewhere in the city. It should be fun. We're doing horseback riding with Randi's Happy Horses at Mazatlan and we're just bumming around in Zia/Ixtapa.

I'm so looking forward to this trip. When I get back I'm hoping and praying the job market has opened up a bit, I was laid off in July and haven't been able to find anything yet. :( It's slim pickings out there. Anyway....I will post all information when I return. Take care and I hope our respective trips are WONDERFUL!

Kristy

Hi Kristy, you are right about Acapulco...I will likely do an evening excursion as well, after a shower and a change on the ship. I could even do a short trip in the morning, as the golfing doesn't start until 12:30..but I don't want to be too exhausted so I'll likely go into "town" if it's close to the port. I've ordered a book from Amazon for the Mexican Riviera which should have city maps and should help in figuring out distances between places. I'm leaning towards a wild dolphin boat trip in Maz, as iit seems to be more "eco friendly" and educational; not just penned dolphins being petted :eek:

I'm also looking forward to visiting San Fran for three days prior to the cruise, and have already booked my shuttle to the hotel (afraid that fleet week crowds might make things more limited), as well as Alcatraz. I'll likely be just walking around San Fran or take the hop on hop off bus.

You're right about the job situation, my Co. is going to be going through "re-engineering" as well, and I might be looking when I get back! But I'll just enjoy the trip and worry about that then! I hope you find your dream job with plenty of vacation time..:D

And I also hope I find people as nice as you are on my cruise!

Bon Voyage

Sara.

I'm leaning towards a wild dolphin boat trip in Maz, as iit seems to be more "eco friendly" and educational; not just penned dolphins being petted :eek: Bon Voyage Sara.

Sara... we are leaving on 9/21 for mexican riveria cruise on rccl... and we are booked to do the wild dolpin excursion in mazaltan... if you want will let you know how it is when we get back on 9/29

Hey Christina, look forward to hearing about your experience with the wild dolphins. By "wild", I'm assuming they are in the wild and not just the crazy, party animal dolphins..heh heh:D

Enjoy your trip!

Sara.

Hey Christina, look forward to hearing about your experience with the wild dolphins. By "wild", I'm assuming they are in the wild and not just the crazy, party animal dolphins..heh heh:D

Enjoy your trip!

Sara.

Just got back from cruise yesterday.... had a great time... wild dolphin tour was great but was unable to locate dolphins... tour guide stated that 8 out of 10 times dolphins are there we just seem to luck out... they were extremely nice though and gave us a small tour of some other areas of mazatlan and also did a little bit of snorkling which was not on itinerary... had sandwiches, sodas, water and fruit bars for us to eat ... will be curious as to what other person who was on princess cruise thought though.... hope that helps ... if you have any other questions about my cruise let me know

Kristy:

When are you going?

just noticed your post.... we sailed on 9/21 on rccl and also did cabo sail.... we really enjoyed it... only 9 people on tour and guides were very attentative with asking if we wanted something to drink .... snorkeling was great also

Hi Everyone! I said I'd report back on Cabosail, so here it is:

Cabosail was excellent. Our skipper was Yair, Gil's brother, and he was engaging and friendly. The service was impeccable, the food was fresh and delicious. They gave us chips and salsa, then sandwiches, and then a dessert tray- and you were never without a cold drink in your hand. The Pacificos were ice cold. The snorkeling was excellent right by Pelican's Rock which is a very short distance from the marina and we snorkeled for about an hour. Your ship will be right there too, so I would honestly not sweat a one hour window to get back to your ship. You tender in Cabo and where you get dropped off is about a 15 minute walk to Dock F where the Yael is docked. On the way back, we walked right up to the tender boats and got right on, and that's been my experience every time in a tender port, so I would go for it! The sailing portion of the tour was exhilirating even though one person got quesy as the boat was sideways here and there..lol. Oh, there were only 9 of us on the boat- we went right by Land's End, Lover's Beach, and the Sea Lion Colony, so it was overall a truly excellent tour.

hello, just read your post wondering how your trip went..thinking of same shore exscurtions, did you prebook or do it on your own? was it great!

Reservations are required. It says so in the reply from Gil when you submit a request for the sailing. This looks really good and even though I was hoping to snorkel Chileno Bay I also like a semi-private sail. I did something similar in St. Thomas and St. Maarten and it's such a more pleasant experience than the snorkel/party catamarans. Plus this price is pretty good, especially for Cabo where prices can be high.

Dear Cruisers.

Wishing to book the LAS CALETAS Beach Day Tour with Johanne and Sandra tours on the net 5 months prior to our cruise on the Mariner. Just wondering do you have to pay for the tours ( full price ) up front or do you only pay a deposit firstly then pay the balance at a later date. Is it a secure site and has anyone ever had trouble. If for so reason we ship doesn't stop at PV do you get your money back????

Regards Bob.