Signature Express Baggage Service

Shari2

Hi guys,

I'm curious as to whether this baggage service is simply HAL's name for US Direct, or whether they are two separate programs.

I dont qualify for US Direct when I fly out of YVR because I am flying Continental, but I would still like to use the express baggage service.

Unfortunately no one at HAL really seems to know what I am talking about... :(

Mkenn,

I am sailing this weekend out of FLL and am curious about this service. What was the earliest time you were allowed a flight to depart? If I want to do early disembarkation, can we carry our own luggage off, and then hand it over after customs?

I believe noon is the earliest flight for participation. Also, not all airlines are in the program, mostly the legacies but I don't recall the total rundown of participating carriers.

Hi guys,

I'm curious as to whether this baggage service is simply HAL's name for US Direct, or whether they are two separate programs.

I dont qualify for US Direct when I fly out of YVR because I am flying Continental, but I would still like to use the express baggage service.

Unfortunately no one at HAL really seems to know what I am talking about... :(

HAL uses Bags Inc: http://airportbags.com/

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know if you have to put your bags out the night before with this service? Can they collect them the morning of disembarkation? Thanks.

Your bags must be put out the night before disembark. The only exception might be self-disembark, in which case you would schlepp all your stuff off the ship unaided. Then, I suppose, you turn your bags over to the contractor outside the terminal. But, I can't imagine doing self-disembark for flights after noon.

I was very disappointed but they did not offer this service in Seattle last Sunday on the Westerdam. The Purser's desk did not have a good reason why it was not offered on this particular cruise.

Archived