Helpful hint: Tahiti cruise- take airfare over discount

SDTraveler78

In my situation, being from the west coast, take the free airfare!

I initially booked my cruise through Star Clippers and was going to book my airfare separately. They offered $800 off the published fares for my Dec 14th cruising- sounded like a great deal, so I booked it.

I found out later they were offering "free airfare" deal on Air Tahiti Nui from Los Angeles. I looked into this and turned out to be a much better deal- saved about $500-$600 booking airfare vice the discount off the cruising fare, PLUS:

- Guaranteed- when booking airfare through Star Clippers, the ship will wait or find arrangements to get you to the ship in the event of air issues.

- TRANSFERS to and from ship are included!

- AND a day hotel at the Radisson is included (no charge!) on the last day (as the ship pulls in early AM in Papeete, flight doesn't leave until about 10pm)

Great deal!

Do you know if they are offering free airfare for cruises in 2009? We are booked on the May 24th sailing and got the discount, but the free airfare from LA would definitely be a better deal since it's running about $1300 per person for our dates. I might have to give them a call tonight to check this out.

Lauren-

I am not sure-- give them a call though-- I was unsure as to whether or not they would change my booking, as I had already put my deposit down-- but sure enough, no questions asked, they happily switched it! Yeah, it was like 1360 R/T from LA from what I saw, and you didn't get the extras. Definitely a better deal-- check it out and let me know! Good luck!

Archived