Need RCCL Brilliance h/c cabin expertise

roadtripper

DS uses a wheelchair at all times, and we are hoping to book a h/c cabin for a cruise on the Brilliance. We really want a balcony, and a cabin that sleeps 4. Those two requirements seem to be mutually exclusive except in a h/c junior suite on the Brilliance. Am I reading the deck plans wrong? I am specifically interested in 7610, which looks like it has a good sized balcony, but no notation of a Pullman or a sleep sofa. Can anyone with experience with this class of ships advise me? Thanks!

DS uses a wheelchair at all times, and we are hoping to book a h/c cabin for a cruise on the Brilliance. We really want a balcony, and a cabin that sleeps 4. Those two requirements seem to be mutually exclusive except in a h/c junior suite on the Brilliance. Am I reading the deck plans wrong? I am specifically interested in 7610, which looks like it has a good sized balcony, but no notation of a Pullman or a sleep sofa. Can anyone with experience with this class of ships advise me? Thanks!

WE stayed in 7110, opposite side on Radiance which is the sister ship. It is a great cabin, no way to sleep 4. If I remember there was a sofa, but no sure if it pulls out. If it does I don't think there would be any way to get around with it open. Sorry I couldn't give you better info.

Hiya,

Hubby and I sailed on Serenade (sister ship) in 7612. There was a sofa but it did not pull out. No pullman bed either. Sorry, but I think you will have to go with the suite. Good luck and you will love this class of ship.

Shawna

Thanks so much for your replies. I really don't want to pay 1000 more; it's a shame that they offer families so few choices for hc cabins; and I know that RCCL is one of the best lines as far as that goes. I guess I should book the JS now and pray for a rate drop.

I guess I should book the JS now and pray for a rate drop.

Are you a Crown & Anchor member? If so, depending on what level you are you get an automatic discount when you book a balcony room. Do you use the Royal Caribbean VISA card? If so, if you have enough points built up you can offset the cost of the room by cashing in some reward points. For example, we use the RC VISA card and have enough points built up that on our Nov. cruise on Liberty we booked a jr. suite and got a companion fare discounted off the full cruise fare. In addition, we are Crown & Anchor members at the Diamond level and we got $200.00 off as a balcony discount.

I use a wheelchair full time and we've cruised RC for 10 years booking all kinds of staterooms. April 08 we sailed on Brilliance in room 3539, interior. It was huge and we never missed having a balcony. Remember, so little of your time is spent in your room that you might want to reconsider whether your other needs outweigh the balcony need.

Good luck!

DS uses a wheelchair at all times, and we are hoping to book a h/c cabin for a cruise on the Brilliance. We really want a balcony, and a cabin that sleeps 4. Those two requirements seem to be mutually exclusive except in a h/c junior suite on the Brilliance.

I just looked at deck 4 on Brilliance and it looks like 4006 and 4008 at least have a window and room for 4 with pull down berths. Otherwise I think you're looking at the deck plans correctly and there aren't any others but a jr. suite. Brilliance is more limited in choices for h/c plus balcony plus room for 4. If you aren't really locked into the Brilliance itinerary then check out some of the other ships that may fit your needs a little better than Brilliance.

• 4 months later...

How old are your children? Could they be down the hall in an inside cabin? We have been in 7610 and managed with 3. They put a roll away in for our daughter. I can no see how it would work with 4. Once the roll away was in place I could not get to the balcony.

Archived