Solstice - did you find your cabin?

Duanerice1

Does anyone have a portside picture of the Solstice? I've looked through lots but have only been able to find starboard pictures. We are in a balcony on the Sunrise Deck in the forward part of the back aft hump and would really like a better look at our balcony. Thanks!

We have booked a back 2 back Nov 20, 2009 & Nov 30,2009 Transatlantic.. Obviously this is a new ship and lots to learn but we are pretty new to the cabin selection process,,,used to just say a category and whatever we got we got...but now we are trying to pick..

We picked 8259 ( 2A) for the first one because it looked a little bigger..right or wrong????

For the second this same cabin was no longer available so we have to change,,I picked 8287...

Do these look like good cabins...hate agonizing over this...would it be smarter to change the first one so we stay in the same cabin or is it not a big deal to move??

PLEASE HELP....

Rita & Joel, 8259 does look larger but I don't think it is a 2A. Yes it is color coded that way, but I think that is the result of a printers error and lack of good proofreading. I believe it is really a 1A and does have a larger balcony. Are you paying a 2A price? Double check, I'd be very surprised if you are.

Rita & Joel, 8259 does look larger but I don't think it is a 2A. Yes it is color coded that way, but I think that is the result of a printers error and lack of good proofreading. I believe it is really a 1A and does have a larger balcony. Are you paying a 2A price? Double check, I'd be very surprised if you are.

we are paying 2A price..Thanks,,what does 8287 look like to you? also paying 2A..I am womdering how important it is to have the same cabin for both cruises..

I will go and double check but I am quite sure we are paying 2A prices for both...

One reason we did not choose the 'hump' cabin is that while it looked like the balcony is indeed bigger, on the ship layout pictures the rooms looked to be laid out at an angle towards the back. The ship layout maps say they are not exactly to scale so maybe we made the wrong decision but that's what we did. We felt that in general we spent more time in the room and on the rest of the ship than sitting on the balcony which is why we made that decision. Are we right or wrong? Remains to be seen when we get there. Then again, this ship will be so awesome there is no 'wrong' is there. :)

we are paying 2A price..Thanks,,what does 8287 look like to you? also paying 2A..I am womdering how important it is to have the same cabin for both cruises..

I will go and double check but I am quite sure we are paying 2A prices for both...

Did a little playing around myself, and now I think you are right. Still doesn't seem right, but I hope you enjoy the larger balconies.

First, I would like to thank everyone for their help in explaining to me what cabin might be our best bet. I am booking this transatlantic cruise first thing tomorrow morning.

On an earlier post, I had asked if a 1A cabin might be good and a few responded that the 1A cabins, especially the cabins whose balconies face inward might be pretty good.

However, my wife wants to be in a Concierge Class cabin again. I guess she likes the better pillows, mattresses, flowers, fruit, etc. She's the boss so i just say yes and pay for the cabin.

I see The Solstice has two CC categories instead of the standard one CC category on other ships.

they show a CC1 and a CC2 category. The CC1 category is $2099 a person while the CC2 is much cheaper at just $1599 a person. We have decided on the CC2.

There are only 7 or 8 rooms left in the CC2 category and I would like anyones input on what cabin might be better than another.

On the Panorama Deck, most rooms and balconies seem the same and are pretty much in the same location, toward the back of the ship. the cabins available on this deck are...9277, 9344, 9346, 9348, and 9350.

On the Sky Deck, there are only two cabins. One cabin 1002 is the very first room at the very front of the ship, and the cabin is 1192 which is the very last cabin at the very back of the ship.

Any input on on a cabin at the very front of back? Should we avoid these two and just pick one of the cabins on the Panorama Deck? Or, are there any advantages to the very front or back cabin such as more privacy, or a better view. Maybe that front cabin restricts our view.

Thanks again for the help.

Dave

Thinking about booking 1A 8160. What do y'all think of that location?

Somehow the plans for Vista deck are off kilter. 8160 although priced as a 1A seems the same as all of the other 2A's.

Go for 8166, appears to be a 1A for the 2A price.

Somehow the plans for Vista deck are off kilter. 8160 although priced as a 1A seems the same as all of the other 2A's.

Go for 8166, appears to be a 1A for the 2A price.

Thanks to you and blackerbys17 for pointing that out. I wonder why 8160 is a 1A. Anyway, we do not want one of the angled balconies, because those down from us can see straight into our balcony. Would rather have some privacy. Which reminds me...are the balconies staggered on this ship, where those above look down unto the balcony below? Also, are those large supports on the upper decks going to interfere with balcony space?

However, my wife wants to be in a Concierge Class cabin again. I guess she likes the better pillows, mattresses, flowers, fruit, etc. She's the boss so i just say yes and pay for the cabin.

I was under the impression that all staterooms had the same new mattresses. Pillows, you can ask for.

Particularly for all of you who booked cabins on the other side of the ship I was at the shipyard two hours ago. The Celebrity Solstice was shining in the sunlight and I was allowed to step on the visitors platform which is usually closed.

Anyhow here is the direct link to the new album of cruiseship-gallery.de:

http://www.depping-design.de/test/thumbnails.php?album=89

Andreas

We have 8102 on Vista deck.I'm trying to imagine what the window wall will be like since the front of the ship is angled.

Any ideas?

Ellie

If you go to this link it shows the staterooms for Solstice. Look at the picture for the Family oceanview with veranda and you can see the angled window in the back of the picture.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/plancruise/ships/cabinclass/home.do;jsessionid=0000fGt3jfbG_Hd3z1e7bKzaEFj:12hdbcuh7?shipCode=SL

Particularly for all of you who booked cabins on the other side of the ship I was at the shipyard two hours ago. The Celebrity Solstice was shining in the sunlight and I was allowed to step on the visitors platform which is usually closed.

Andreas

Thank you so much for your time and efforts, we all love the pictures and makes us want to be boarding her all that much sooner.

Andreas

Thank you so much, I can finally see my balcony! :D

If you look closely at some of the pictures of the port side on some of the pictures Andreas has shared with everyone you can see what I believe are the beds closer to the doors in various cabins. Mostly in the shots of the forward 1/3 of the ship. It appears that they are consistent in columns of cabins that every other one has a bed near the doors and the others have a desk or table near the doors. For at least a few folks you can now make an educated guess as to who has which configurations.

Picture 19/26 is a good one.

Rich

Archived