Noordam 10 day or Eurodam?

wolfgang36

We are looking for something for our anniversary and are thinking about the 10 day on the Noordam that goes to several different Caribbean islands including St.Lucia and Barbados. Have any of you done this one? Our other cruise choice would be 7 days on Eurodam. I am reading so many bad comments on here about the two ships that I am getting worried that these may not be good choices. Any advice?

We've sailed on both, and in spite of recent reviews of both ships, we would prefer the Noordam, which I consider to be the nicest Vista-class ship-beautifully done interior, IMO.

The Eurodam, while a nice ship, and has some design improvements, e.g., the Main Stage Theater, shopping arcade, etc, is just a bit too big for our liking. Also, there were some design "setbacks", too, such as the narrow Lido walkways and the Lido cabanas.

I think that a lot of the service problems on the Eurodam will resolve over time as the crew gets their routine down.

Go for the 10 day Noordam...............We decided on the Noordam, and booked it a couple of months ago(we leave Thanksgiving Day)............Nice ports, and I've read a lot of nice things about the Noordam.............

We were looking at both and opted for the 10 day Noordam. Eurodam is doing a typical been there done that Eastern Caribbean itinerary while Noordam offered some ports that were more appealing to us. Been on all the other Vista class ships so looking forward to adding Noordam to our list.

Been on 20 cruises and haven't had a bad one yet. Don't put too much emphasis on the negative reviews. You can find negative reviews of every ship on every line. If everyone made there decisions based on these negative reviews then the ships would all be sailing empty.

Thanks for all of the input. Wow! 20 days sounds great but we are not retired yet. Just pretending! That is a great deal! Sounds as if the Noordam is the one. We were on the original Noordam for our 25th anniversary when it was hit by a freighter in the Gulf of Mexico outside of New Orleans. Put a 70' hole in the side of the ship and knocked one of the props off. Scared us to death! It would be fun to go on the new Noordam and celebrate our 40th!

I have been on both. Eurodam has FAR too many problems. Go with the Noordam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear that. We just got off Noordam two weeks ago and the service and food was very disappointing. It was our worst cruise experience on HAL. We were on Rotterdam, Deck 7, too, so expected the best crew members. We will be on Eurodam next week and hoping for a better experience.

I've been on both---neither is my favorite ship, but I would happlily sail on either one again.

Given that's the choice, I'd take 10 days on the Noordam over 7 days on the E-dam, mostly because of the extra days.

Just put a hold on our cabin until friday on the Noordam for Nov 7th, should know if my vacation has been approved or not (better be since I already have a countdown clock going :)) Looking forward to a few ports we have not yet visited.

We did Radiance OTS (same as Jewel) a couple years ago. The Radiance class are beautiful ships, but the RCCL experience didn't compare favorably to HAL for us. Both ships are roughly the same size with Jewel being slightly larger and carrying around 500 more passengers (double occupancy).

If it was me I would stick with the Noordam unless I really preferred the Jewel OTS Panama Canal itinerary.

The important question for us would be the food. The Eurodam offers two new dining venues and they are terrific. I would choose it again. We loved the Eurodam and never had all the problems reported on this site. Remember most of these folks were on the shake down cruise. The July 15 cruise was terrific.

good luck

We are looking for something for our anniversary and are thinking about the 10 day on the Noordam that goes to several different Caribbean islands including St.Lucia and Barbados. Have any of you done this one? Our other cruise choice would be 7 days on Eurodam. I am reading so many bad comments on here about the two ships that I am getting worried that these may not be good choices. Any advice?

I'd opt for the Noordam...love the ship! But, then, it's been our only experience thus far on HAL.

I've been on both and like them both. The Eurodam is worth a try for the Pan-Asian Tamarind Restaurant and adjoining Silk Den bar. They are fabulous additions, IMO. Noordam is a great ship, too. We had fine food on both.

I'd love to try the Eurodam sometime...just to experience the Tamarind, Jim!

I agree with JIM, everyone should try the EURODAM just once at least.

The cruise we were on had no problems at all, and the food was some of the best i had on any cruise line.

The only thing i didn't like was the ship just wasn't as warm feeling as the other dam ships i been on, way to modern for me, its hard to explain but when you get on it you probably will see what i mean.

Would i go on the big E again, the only way would be if the price was right.

JIM

Archived