Miami restaurant help!

K.T.B.

Got about a week before heading out to Miami very early on Oct. 31st and the Fascination on the 1st! Right now, my wife and I are looking for a casual (think wearing black jeans), reasonably priced, non-chain (if possible) place for dinner. We're staying at the Marriot Biscayne Bay hotel and we'll need a cab to get around. Currently, the plan is to hit Bayside Market Place in the afternoon. We've sort of have "settled on" going to Bubba Gump's for dinner because it's there at Bayside, but I'd love to find some place else.

Anyone got any suggestions?? :)

Thanks!
Bayside Market Place has a lot of non-chain restaurants. We ate at the Hard Rock Cafe and the prices were reasonable and the food was good. We wanted to sit outside but after sitting there for ten minutes and not getting waited on, we went inside. It was real noisy inside. Bubba Gumps is a lot of fun. The wait staff plays trivia games with you during your meal. They have a giant shrimp that walks around through the restaurant. [url="http://community.webshots.com/photo/26533947/26534914OCRlUwIEEK"]http://community.webshots.com/photo/26533947/26534914OCRlUwIEEK[/url]
We stayed at the Marriott before and the restaurant in the hotel there is very
good and the prices are not too high. It's about a mile from the Marriott to
the Marketplace. I wouldn't walk it down there. There are alot of homeless
between the two and it's better not to put yourself in that situation.

The Marketplace has a lot of restaurants. There is Bubba Gumps, Hard Rock Cafe, Hooters and Chili's. There are numerous local type restaurants by the
boat slips. Make sure you walk around the outside by the boats/yachts to
see what all there is to choose from.

If I remember correctly, there is a small "Mini-mall" connected to the Marriott
which has some little gift shops and also a small store for drinks and snacks.
They had a deli/restaurant in there and we ate breakfast there before heading
over to the pier.

Have a wonderful trip!
bubba gumps is awesome food. Try the Bucket o Trash. All kinds of seafood. They give you like 8 fried slipper lobsters along with shrimp, oysters, etc. It is really really good! I go back there everytime I visit Miami, and I live in florida and eat seafood all the time. Plus its a fun, casual atmosphere.
We just returned (Oct 22nd) from Imagination. we stayed pre and post cruise at the Bayshore DoubleTree Grand, which is next door and connected to the Marriott; There is a little restaurant in the area between the hotels call Los Gauchisto's, South American (Uraguay) food; The prices are very reasonable and the portions are large. Very friendly staff. Casual dress is fine. Also had breakfast here. Eggs to order, bacon, hashbrowns, toast and coffee for 2 was $13. You may want to give it a try.:)
[url="http://www.baysidemarketplace.com/ShopDine/Dining/Restaurants/Italian/LombardisRistoranti.htm"]http://www.baysidemarketplace.com/ShopDine/Dining/Restaurants/Italian/LombardisRistoranti.htm[/url]

Lombardis at Bayside is nice. You can either dine inside or outside on the water.
[quote name='Kevin T Brown']looking for a casual (think wearing black jeans), reasonably priced, non-chain (if possible) place for dinner. We're staying at the Marriot Biscayne Bay hotel and we'll need a cab to get around. Currently, the plan is to hit Bayside Market Place in the afternoon. We've sort of have "settled [/QUOTE]
If you want a non-chain restaurant and still want to go to Bayside, try Mambo's Cuban Cafe. This is not the same as as Gloria Estefan's Bongo's (a chain) that is attached to the American Airlines Arena. If you want to get away from Bayside, take a cab to South Beach and try one of the restaurant along Ocean Drive. My favorite among them is Lario's. It is owned by Gloria Estefan and named for her husband.

The Marriott you are staying at is NOT connected to the Doubltree Hotel.
Looked at Lombardi's and was interested until I saw the prices! A bit too pricey for what I'm looking for.... Right now, looks like Bubba Gump's, unless someone comes up with something truly special. :)

Thanks for all the input though!
[quote name='klfrodo']Gloria Estephan has a resturant right down the street from Bayside Market Place. I believe its called Mombos Cuban Cafe. Might want to google it. I've heard good things about it.[/QUOTE] Bongo's.

It's real close, just a hop skip and a jump away from the AA Arena.

Archived