Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

christinabeena

Gustav

Well there's a cruise leaving Thursday from Mobile, so you have to think they're going to bring those people back to Mobile at some point, but they wouldn't do it in or near a hurricane. Also, after us the boat is dry docked for 3 weeks. I'm thinking they might extend those people's cruise for a day or two and push ours back a day or two. This is just speculation though don't take my ideas as fact. Otherwise they would have to dock the boat somewhere else like Galveston or Tampa or something who knows. Hopefully they don't just outright cancel us...

Thank you Jetskier. The National Hurricane Center has a couple of circled areas east of the US that say they are possible cyclone makers it seems.:mad:

If the current forecast stays true I think you should be on schedule.....Gus should be mid-gulf by 4:00 PM Sunday..... Tampa is now out of the "cone of death" so if your ship, Inspiration or Legend, skirts the edge of the stormand stays closer to the coast you should be fine.... take the dramamine....... it may be a rough ride!!!!

Glad I have some Rx patches ... problem is I need them at home some days. I had never been seasick before, but a stomach problem that came about last year as a result of "gall baldder surgery gone wrong" has caused me very frequent nausea. This is our first cruise since these issues. I now get 'seasick' if I sit down too fast on a bed.

On the good side, I have learned to adapt to being 'seasick' and often have to go about daily life in that state. So maybe it will not be too bad and my coping skills will see me thru.

Well there's a cruise leaving Thursday from Mobile, so you have to think they're going to bring those people back to Mobile at some point, but they wouldn't do it in or near a hurricane. Also, after us the boat is dry docked for 3 weeks. I'm thinking they might extend those people's cruise for a day or two and push ours back a day or two. This is just speculation though don't take my ideas as fact. Otherwise they would have to dock the boat somewhere else like Galveston or Tampa or something who knows. Hopefully they don't just outright cancel us...

They shouldnt cancel you. The most likely scenerio is that the Thurs cruise will get an extra day or two. The Sept 1st cruise will be shortened. Drydock time is very expensive and tightly scheduled so I cannot see them extending your cruise.

Dave

Beautiful weather in the Miami/Ft lauderdale area for tomorrow. Sunny, in the 90's for day time. (Very humid). Have a wonderful time!

Thanks :] We have just been told that the ship instead of going to Cozumel, it will go to Nassau...

Thank you for your reply. I hope we can even get to Mobile with evacuation traffic. Right now Gustav is being projected to central LA or Tx on Tuesday morning, so it is looking better for us. Are you spending the night in Mobile the day before? We plan to stay Sunday night.

They shouldnt cancel you. The most likely scenerio is that the Thurs cruise will get an extra day or two. The Sept 1st cruise will be shortened. Drydock time is very expensive and tightly scheduled so I cannot see them extending your cruise.

Dave

If our cruise on the 1st is shortened by two days do we have the option to not take it and just get a refund?

We cruise on the Inspiration out of Tampa on 9/13. Like another poster said, just get me on the ship and we can go in circles for 5 days and I will be very content. If we get diverted to Progresso like we did in Oct of 2006 I won't even get off the ship. One way or another we are looking forward to a wonderful vacation!!

If our cruise on the 1st is shortened by two days do we have the option to not take it and just get a refund?

I hope so! I have no problem with going at a later date, but I have a major problem with taking a shorter cruise! I think if there is a chage like that, they give you a certain number of days to cancel with a refund. I might be wrong, but that's my understanding!

I hope so! I have no problem with going at a later date, but I have a major problem with taking a shorter cruise! I think if there is a chage like that, they give you a certain number of days to cancel with a refund. I might be wrong, but that's my understanding!

I didnt want to sound like a jerk about it as some on this site seem to be very sensitive about complainers, :D but I really dont want to take a 3 day cruise instead of 5. Im just fine with a later date.

Yes, you should be given the chance to cancel. But if you go, you should get a nice OBC. On some they have also given a 25% discount toward a future cruise.

For those who left on the Ecstasy today, they are going to Vera Cruz instead of Cozumel per the announcement by Carnival at 4pm.

Dave

For those who left on the Ecstasy today, they are going to Vera Cruz instead of Cozumel per the announcement by Carnival at 4pm.

Which should be fun since NHC's website shows the area of Campeche as having a tropical wave with a medium chance of development over it right now. Per the NHC they say the area should get heavy rains through Saturday.:eek:

Which should be fun since NHC's website shows the area of Campeche as having a tropical wave with a medium chance of development over it right now. Per the NHC they say the area should get heavy rains through Saturday.:eek:

I saw that a few minutes ago. I bet the guys at Carnival's HQ are about to bang their heads against the wall. To have so many ports affected in such a short period of time. To make matters worse would be if Hannah cuts across Florida and then follows Gustav.

Dave

Anyone know anything about Vera Cruz? If so, is it listed on the Port of Call threads as something else?

Anyone know anything about Vera Cruz? If so, is it listed on the Port of Call threads as something else?

Not listed on the POC thread because it is not a port that is normally gone to. Just type Vera Cruz in a search engine. You should be able to pull up a lot of information about the port that way.

Dave

I think there is one beach resort in Vera Cruz. You might put a post specifically asking about Veracruz on the Carnival board as I believe a couple of their ships diverted there last year.

To make matters worse would be if Hannah cuts across Florida and then follows Gustav. Dave

Dave - I know where you live and I'm coming after you if that happens! :eek: Don't speak such foolishness.

We're going to head to Miami Saturday and board the Triumph Sunday and leave Gustav at home. We're going to cruise alongside Hanna and wave at Ike and have another DOD. :D :D Maybe we'll see you on the Holiday in the Bahamas!

We are scheduled to leave Galveston on Monday at 4pm on the Ecstasy. Lastest Gustav tracks show him hitting the TX/LA border late Monday. :mad: how close does it have to be for Carnival to cancel outright? I feel like if we can just get onboard we can run away from him (Gustav)....

can anyone offer any insight?

We are scheduled to leave Galveston on Monday at 4pm on the Ecstasy. Lastest Gustav tracks show him hitting the TX/LA border late Monday. :mad: how close does it have to be for Carnival to cancel outright? I feel like if we can just get onboard we can run away from him (Gustav)....

can anyone offer any insight?

They are not going to cancel you since it is a five day cruise. Because of the uncertainity of where this thing is going to go, it is probably going to be a last minute decision. Keep checking here and on Carnival's website.

Dave

I leave sunday out of Miami on the freedom of the seas. First stop Haiti, also going to jamaica, grand cayman, and cozumel!

Has anyone heard anything about re routing? I'm okay with it, but would love to know! I leave tomorrow morning! AHHH

Thanks Dave, I'll try a search again today. I tried yesterday before my post & of course the search engine was down.

Dave - I know where you live and I'm coming after you if that happens! :eek: Don't speak such foolishness.

Have you seen some of the projected paths? It is still a possibility.

Dave