Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

redheaney

Zuiderdam...and guaranteed room selection?

I'm looking to book our cabin for our honeymoon and am wondering what to do about "Guarantee" booking? Our choices of a superior verandah cabin on the Navigation deck are #8053, #8092 or "GUAR."

Advice about the pros/cons of guaranteed booking would be much appreciated! Aswell as the locations of the other two~

Since no one has made any replies in 4 hours and you're starting to get buried down the list, I'll put in my 2 cents and give you a bump up to the top.

Some people have complained about early morning noise in SS cabins under the Lido pool area (such as 8053) when crew move the loungers around for deck cleaning. Others haven't been bothered.

IMO 8092 is in a much better location, but your verandah will be pretty visible to the angled-verandah SS8094 (and vice versa).

Guarantees are always a crap-shoot. You're hoping, of course, for a free upgrade to a Deluxe Suite (SA/SB/SC), and if you don't get one you might be unhappy with the location of the SS you draw. Is there any way you can splurge a little more and book an SC guarantee? If not, my suggestion would be to book 8092.

Have a great cruise! :)

It is always beetter to book the cabin you want. A honeymoon is a once in a lifetime thing and my advise would be to book a cabin with a verandah and enjoy it. When you book a guarantee you get what is left over and no gurantees.

Have a nice cruise.

Ruth & Jim

If it were me, I'd go with the SS Guarantee and keep my fingers crossed for an upgrade. If the only cabins left in SS are not to your liking, play the gamblers card and wait and see where you end up. Sue

Thank you all for the replies... I am utterly clueless!

JimVrhovac - you said to book a cabin w/a verandah. By that, you mean with a balcony? We DO need this as we are both smokers and my understanding is that they now have limited areas where one can smoke... but when booking with the Guarantee, we will still get a cabin WITH a balcony and possibly even an upgrade, no? Or am I not understanding that correctly?

I realise it's a gamble... Are 'guaranteed' rooms an option when booking directly through HAL? And would booking through them (as opposed to a discounted website) heighten our chances of an upgrade if available?

Am I in la-la-land in thinking that these upgrades happen often?

I'm now totally confused and don't know what the heck to do! I saw this on HAL's web-site and would like to know if anyone has clarificaiton on it~

A very special amenity exclusively for guests cruising in a Deluxe Verandah Suite or Penthouse Verandah Suite, the industry-leading Neptune Lounge features a private place to relax, socialize with other suite guests and enjoy the personalized service of a concierge. The fleet-wide lounges provide worktables, large screen television, library, sofas and chairs, wi-fi, no-host mini-bar and refreshments throughout the day. One-Touch 24-hour Concierge Service is available when the Neptune Lounge is closed.

What are the hours that the Neptune Lounge is open and by "no host mini-bar," do they mean free cocktails? Does the "24 hour concierge service when the Neptune lounge is closed" mean that one can order cocktails to the room at no extra charge?

Booking the Deluxe (although a lot more expensive) might be in our better interests if this is the case. Can anyone adivse?