cruisinfever

BF cabin to BA

I booked a guaranteed balcony room (BF category) on the Caribbean Princess and was assigned a BA cabin on Lido deck. I don't know if this is better? Never had a balcony cabin.

yup, you just got upgraded from the lowest balcony category to the highest! congratulations.:)

This puts you up high in the middle of the ship. BF would have been lower and towards the front or the back.

I booked a guaranteed balcony room (BF category) on the Caribbean Princess and was assigned a BA cabin on Lido deck. I don't know if this is better? Never had a balcony cabin.

Your original cabin would have been 3rd or 4th back from front of ship, but nicely sandwiched between other cabin decks.

Your lido deck cabin could be further back but might also be under the fitness centre, which I suspect might be noisy, but you should be first to put your towels out round the pool!:rolleyes:

We actually got the exact same upgrade on our 11/9 CB cruise. Went from BF to BA on lido deck with a balconey. I think it is room E210. I think it is going to be fun being on Lido deck.

I also am taking MR cruise on 10/4 and did a guaranteed inside cabin - got ugraded to obstructed view cabin - so I did great on that cruise also with the guarantee. We were doing cheap with the inside so I'm excited to have a window - even if obstructed

My daughter is just off Crown Princess. She did the same as you and loved her BA cabin.:cool:

The actual BA will be identical to the original BF booked, just in a different location (better location).

But nice upgrade seeing how you paid for a BF and ended up in a BA.

Enjoy your sailing!

Thanks for all of your responses. This will be a surprise for my husband because he thinks I booked a outside cabin. This will be our first cruise with a balcony. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We loved our balcony cabin on Lido deck. It is close to the pools and the buffet. You got a great upgrade.

Thanks for all of your responses. This will be a surprise for my husband because he thinks I booked a outside cabin. This will be our first cruise with a balcony. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and you'll be able to keep it a secret for over 4 months? you are a better person than i!;)

Congrats!

I'm playing the waiting game as I have a BE gty booked. Guess at this stage, I probably won't see an assignment till after final pay. Last time it we did gty it was assigned almost immediately - from BF to BB on Caribe deck.

Hope I catch some of your good luck!

We actually got the exact same upgrade on our 11/9 CB cruise. Went from BF to BA on lido deck with a balconey. I think it is room E210. I think it is going to be fun being on Lido deck.

I also am taking MR cruise on 10/4 and did a guaranteed inside cabin - got ugraded to obstructed view cabin - so I did great on that cruise also with the guarantee. We were doing cheap with the inside so I'm excited to have a window - even if obstructed

I think the cabin you meant is L210, as E210 is an F category obstructed on Emerald deck. Unless you are mixing the cabins up on your 2 cruises and DE210 is the one you got upgraded to from the inside on your MR cruise.

Why do some people get upgraded or assigned a cabin when booking GTY months in advance? I have noticed many people who are sailing the same time or after me have gotten their upgrade and cabin number. Just wondering :confused:

Why do some people get upgraded or assigned a cabin when booking GTY months in advance? I have noticed many people who are sailing the same time or after me have gotten their upgrade and cabin number. Just wondering :confused:

There is absolutely no rhyme or reason for when upgrades or cabin assignments will show up on guarantees. I don't think anyone knows the true answer to this one. Hope yours shows up real soon though. ;)

We'd booked the same thing on the Golden (BF), and ended up being assigned our balcony cabin on the Baja deck (BA), midships, just one cabin back from the elevator lobby. I think that's a terrific location! :p

Congrats on your upgrade!

We booked a BF GTY on Emerald Princess & after about 6 weeks were assigned a Cat BB on Riviera Deck (R619) under the Horizon Court. I'm just hoping that there won't be too much noise from above even though we are normally early risers. There does appear to be an overhang above us. I guess that could be a plus or a minus. Anyone have any experience in that location? Either way, I'm happy! Those are the chances that you take when you book a guarantee!

The same thing happened for our booking and we've now ended up on a BA on the Caribe deck... So, truly, aside from location on the ship, there are no differences in the room? size? amenities? perks?

Not much of an upgrade if you don't care where on the ship you are! :P

The same thing happened for our booking and we've now ended up on a BA on the Caribe deck... So, truly, aside from location on the ship, there are no differences in the room? size? amenities? perks?

Not much of an upgrade if you don't care where on the ship you are! :P

It most certainly is a super upgrade, the BA balconies on Caribe are twice the size of a regular balcony, and you are midway between Lido deck and the restaurants and theatre, an ideal location.

Congrats on your upgrade!

We booked a BF GTY on Emerald Princess & after about 6 weeks were assigned a Cat BB on Riviera Deck (R619) under the Horizon Court. I'm just hoping that there won't be too much noise from above even though we are normally early risers. There does appear to be an overhang above us. I guess that could be a plus or a minus. Anyone have any experience in that location? Either way, I'm happy! Those are the chances that you take when you book a guarantee!

Hi..I spoke with the people at Princess and that area across from those cabins on Rivera deck is a service area where they wash dishes so I understand and the rep on the phone said "It is a high traffic area".if you can change do!

Same thing has happened to me, I booked a bf room gty and got a BA room on the caribe deck...wooohoo!!

Me too - on the Star! Booked bf guarantee and got upgraded to ba on caribe! Very happy. :)

It most certainly is a super upgrade, the BA balconies on Caribe are twice the size of a regular balcony, and you are midway between Lido deck and the restaurants and theatre, an ideal location.

Ah, that makes more sense. Thanks! :)