KIWISAX

Misc. questions

This is our first O cruise on Regatta and I have a few "funny/odd" questions if someone could help me.

1) I keep reading that the shower area is very small - just what size is the actual shower area? Not the total bathroom area.

2) Is there somewhere on a website that I can view a sample copy of the daily newsletter that we will get each day? Just want to see what sort of info they will give us.

3)Am I able to use my own laptop in my "A2" cabin and if so can anyone tell me the costs. Also are there any wireless areas on the ship and the cost of using this area and who does one get a password off.

4) Are the washing machines and dryers combined or separate units?

Thank you in advance.

Just love this site - so informative.:)

The shower is small. I didn't measure it, but would guess that the floor pan is about 24" x 24". I'm long and lean, so it was fine. A "fluffy" person might find it too small.

Washers and dryers are separate units.

Can't answer your other two questions.

To go online with your laptop I think you still need to go to the library or the computer lab. Do all your typing offline and read your emails offline and just go online to download and upload emails, it'll be much cheaper that way, the connection was pretty slow. If you'll be close to shore and you can tether your laptop to your cell phone that also works, we did that the last trip and will probably do the same on the next.

> 3)Am I able to use my own laptop in my "A2" cabin and if so can anyone

> tell me the costs. Also are there any wireless areas on the ship and the

> cost of using this area and who does one get a password off.

Wireless areas are the library, the pool area, the Deck 9 computer room and card room, and the Deck 5 foyer area. The basic cost is $0.95 per minute but if you are willing to commit to a certain number of minutes, you can buy packages of minutes -- 100 for $70, 200 for $120, 500 for $300, 800 for $360 or 1200 for $260 (obviously the larger packages are for people with business requirements or doing long and back-to-back cruises).

I forget if the Regatta has been through a recent dry dock (the Insignia has been). If so, then wireless access is available from the staterooms also. All at the above rates.

(-: Jack

We take our laptop but at this time you need to go to one of the Hot spots to use it.

You make your own password.

the rates from O website

Internet Pricing

• 0.95 per minute with no package
  • Inbound messages up to 200K are $2 per message

Package Pricing:

• 100 minutes for $80
  • 200 minutes for $140
  • 500 minutes for $300

* Note: Rates are subject to change without notice

Email and Internet services are available 24 hours a day in Oceania@Sea, located on Deck 9 and the Library, located on Deck 10. Wireless Hotspots are available in the Library, on the Pool Deck and in the Upper Hall, located on Deck 5. Prior to embarkation, you were issued a unique email address for your use while onboard. This email address was printed on your Cruise Ticket. If you have lost or forgotten your email address, the Oceania@Sea staff can provide it to you. A complete fee schedule for internet services is available at Oceania@Sea, and charges will be billed to your shipboard account.

Regatta will be in drydock in March 09 so may have wireless in the cabin at that time like Insignia

Lyn

p.s.

There was a site that had the CURRENTS posted will see if I can find it again

This is our first O cruise on Regatta and I have a few "funny/odd" questions if someone could help me.

1) I keep reading that the shower area is very small - just what size is the actual shower area? Not the total bathroom area.

2) Is there somewhere on a website that I can view a sample copy of the daily newsletter that we will get each day? Just want to see what sort of info they will give us.

1) shower are is about 3' X 2' ( i think ) it is longer than wide

2) what info are you looking for

they give the daily drink of the day, daily activities, meal times, all the usually stuff

KIWISAX -

For answers your questions 1 and 4 please go to our cruise pictures. Look for Ship Details and Dailies. On pp 4 and 5 you'll see the shower on Azamara Quest (identical), some dailies of our Oceania cruise and the laundry room on Regatta.

The shower stall height is 6'6" (we measured with tape). As it is irregularly shaped (with a "chopped corner") we did not measure its dimensions. The entire washing closet (including sink and toilet) is only 3'10" x 5'6" outside dimension (with wall) and with a chopped off corner (where the shower stall is). There should be no problem fitting into the shower stall (unless you are over 6'6" which is highly unlikely) and since it has a soft plastic curtain (which is flexible whatever your "fluffiness"). However, unless you are really slim, you shouldn't mind rubbing the plastic walls or hugging the curtain (especially with your arms stretched to scrub yourself)!

P.S. These R ships were inherited from Renaissance, and Oceania could only take what was already there. It would be much better if it could be widened by 6".