Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kokopops

they have a right to be mad!!! right?

if the people at carnival keep a close watch on the storms, they should see that trouble is on the horizon and take apporiate action then. they should know how fast the storm is moving and in which direction and change the iteinary. dont wait untill the ship is sailing to make the changes. they should have been made before the ship leaves the dock. ill be on the miracle in 10 days and i didnt pay $$$$ to go to rhode island. i could drive there.

Nope, they don't. Try and use some common sense. You're itinerary isn't guaranteed and the Captain will make the call that is the safest for his passengers and crew

if the people at carnival keep a close watch on the storms, they should see that trouble is on the horizon and take apporiate action then. they should know how fast the storm is moving and in which direction and change the iteinary. dont wait untill the ship is sailing to make the changes. they should have been made before the ship leaves the dock. ill be on the miracle in 10 days and i didnt pay $$$$ to go to rhode island. i could drive there.

We had radar to spy on the ussr that has been replaced by 'eyes in the sky'. Maybe Carnval could pick it up cheap. I believe it was in 1974 that Halufax had a blizzaed, remnants of a TS the first week of September. You take your chances during hurricane season. You may not be cut out to be a low season cruiser. No matter how much you paid, anyother time of the year will be more. RI is kind of nice.

oy vey!!!! my bad ya'll.:o i love rhode island.:D something tells me im walking the plank.:eek:

any chance youve actully looked at the weather and seen the path Hanna is taking? looks like a yo-yo....i guess if you arn't willing to be somewhat flexable you might not to cruise in hurricain season

oy vey!!!! my bad ya'll.:o i love rhode island.:D something tells me im walking the plank.:eek:

After all these replies, all I can say is you have a good sense of humor;) ..Have a great cruise.

it may not, and i hope for you and others in that area, that it does change again.

i have been watching this system since sunday (with gustav), and more actively, from monday on. the reason why i was watching it when it was still so far away is because it was sitting over/near turks and caicos and i am going back there in 10 weeks. i have been hoping that area wouldn't get pummelled by hanna.

this storm has changed direction countless times since i have been watching it. granted it is still heading toward the same land mass (the us), but it's course has veered greatly.

maybe we will all get lucky and it will just graze the coast. (yeah...i know, lol)

Thanks for looking out for us! We are definitely keeping a close eye on this thing...so far just today it has kept the same projected path but has changed times from hitting us at 2am Sat to 8am Sat. If it does stay on on this path hopefully it will only come in as a Category 1 like it is predicted to. There are mixed feelings around the office, some are worried, others excited. I have only been in the area long enough to witness 2 category 1 hurricanes sweep through-never a direct hit though. They did not do much damage...some downed signs and trees. So if it doesnt get any stronger than that then I guess I wont get too worried. If anything we will lock down and have a few drinks! hoping to find some cool stuff on the beach after it rolls through!

By the way, I have to say...I think that the way people on the Miracle are acting is disgusting! I can not believe that adults would act this way, especially on vacation. Way to be roll models for kids...throwing a fit and punishing innocent people by removing their tips. Its outrageous! Yep, the dining staff and room stewards are going to turn the ship around for you because you took their money away from them! Wow, I think i would b****slap each and every one of those people involved in the "mutany" and tell them to wake the heck up and look at what they are doing. Only I wouldnt word it so nicely.:) Why in the world would they take away tips??? I hope they all get removed from the ship and let the other people enjoy their well-earned vacation!

They should be glad they are on a vacation at all, MANY MANY people now days can barely afford to live, let alone take a cruise!

This attitude sounds like what some of Louisiana's evacuee's are coming back with...they're mad because the weather service should have been able to predict that Gustav wasn't going to be a direct category 5 hit! :rolleyes:

Not "thank you" for moving us and thank goodness that our homes weren't washed away. Stop Complaining. People need to think about EVERYONE who's in danger when precautions AREN'T taken.

OK...I'm off the soap box if anyone else wants a turn.

any chance youve actully looked at the weather and seen the path Hanna is taking? looks like a yo-yo....i guess if you arn't willing to be somewhat flexable you might not to cruise in hurricain season

i can't wait to tune in next week to hear how the people on the next sailing are upset that rhode island is cancelled, lol!

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

You know what? I'm sitting at my desk at WORK, trying to read as many of these posts as possible while I'm on my lunch HOUR.

I'd LOVE to be in Rhode Island right now, with someone else cooking for me and cleaning up after me and serving me drinks!!

If you book a cruise during hurricane season to save a few bucks, you 'gets what you gets'.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to WORK.....

This attitude sounds like what some of Louisiana's evacuee's are coming back with...they're mad because the weather service should have been able to predict that Gustav wasn't going to be a direct category 5 hit! :rolleyes:

Not "thank you" for moving us and thank goodness that our homes weren't washed away. Stop Complaining.OK...I'm off the soap box if anyone else wants a turn.

I agree! I was floored when I heard that:rolleyes:

You have the right to be mad at yourself for booking and taking a chance during this time of the year.

Fred

What a ridiculous thing to say. No time is bad for cruising and that includes hurricane season. I cruised on RCI's freedom this August, I have cruised the magic in August and the Carnivale in August. All great trips with no issues. Stuff happens and it's how you deal with it as to whether it "ruins" your vacation. Be happy and cruise 12months out of the year.

i can't wait to tune in next week to hear how the people on the next sailing are upset that rhode island is cancelled, lol!

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

LMAO, so true, True.

Not "thank you" for moving us and thank goodness that our homes weren't washed away. Stop Complaining. People need to think about EVERYONE who's in danger when precautions AREN'T taken.

OK...I'm off the soap box if anyone else wants a turn.

Just like I heard on news here last night about some of the evacuee's in a FREE Shelter complaing about the conditions and noise.

Figures, and now Im back to work as well.

What a ridiculous thing to say. No time is bad for cruising and that includes hurricane season. I cruised on RCI's freedom this August, I have cruised the magic in August and the Carnivale in August. All great trips with no issues. Stuff happens and it's how you deal with it as to whether it "ruins" your vacation. Be happy and cruise 12months out of the year.

That was Fred's point.. ;)

Apparently these people were not ready to 'adjust' to the weather...

I agree! I was floored when I heard that:rolleyes:

You guys are kidding.. ???? omg!

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

No way, dem's dam good eggs.:(

Doesn't NYC havs there own private island...Rykers or sumpin. :D

Don't worry, you'll have a great to wherever.

No way, dem's dam good eggs.:(

Doesn't NYC havs there own private island...Rykers or sumpin. :D

Don't worry, you'll have a great to wherever.

Well its Randalls Island and there is a great stadium there for concerts. We also have Roosevelt and Governors Islands, and of course Liberty Island... And after all that there is Long Island with some of the best beaches in the North...

If you get bored here.. you will be bored everywhere...;)

I just had to say something. We are suppose to be leaving from Port Canaveral on Saturday. Am I mad at the weather, yes. Am I mad at myself for booking my first September cruise after reading all the horror stories on these boards and knowing better, yes. Will I be upset if we lose days and miss ports, yes. Will I be upset if Carnival tries to keep us safe, no. The only thing Carnival does is schedule cruises and we have the choice to book, at a very nice discounted rate during hurricane season, sometimes we win and sometimes we do not have the vacation we dreamed of, well that's life. I will not ever book another September cruise, for me the stress I am going thru is not worth the price. I remember reading a story from a women who's cruise was changed and she ended up in Charleston, she went home and checked on her house, that would really be a bummer. Ok, I got that off my chest, I feel better.

You know what? I'm sitting at my desk at WORK, trying to read as many of these posts as possible while I'm on my lunch HOUR.

I'd LOVE to be in Rhode Island right now, with someone else cooking for me and cleaning up after me and serving me drinks!!

If you book a cruise during hurricane season to save a few bucks, you 'gets what you gets'.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to WORK.....

I totally agree with the above.. OMG, if you cruise during hurricane season you are taking that chance.. get over it and enjoy your cruise.. you won't be at work!! Oh, and next time, READ the terms and conditions on your contract!!!!

get over it and enjoy your cruise.. you won't be at work!!

Some of us would rather be at work then on a ship during a storm and missing all your ports..........

Some of us would rather be at work then on a ship during a storm and missing all your ports..........

What kind of work is it that you do :p