Zumba

CRUISNDIVA

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I zumba 3 days a week. Step 2 days a week. Then a day of kickboxing and a day or two of weights/toning in there too usually. I just wish I had the body to show for it.

Oh how I love to eat. I would LOVE to do some zumba on the ship to work off some of the excess calories I am sure to consume.

as for zumba being annoying, it all varies based on instructor. ive had some who play "up the wall latino music" and are too latin ballroom dance like to really enjoy/follow. and ive had some instructors who are more hiphop/martial arts trained who do current music. then those instructors who do a mixture of the two.

I zumba 3 days a week. Step 2 days a week. Then a day of kickboxing and a day or two of weights/toning in there too usually. I just wish I had the body to show for it.

Same here! I work out like a fiend and you wouldn't know it! lol But hey, at least my heart is healthy! :D And the thing is I am NOT a big eater....I keep my cals at around 1300 a day. So why am I not losing weight? Ugh...whatever lol.

I can't wait to see if they have it onboard Explorer next month, that would be AWESOME if they did!!!!

Edited by ChristieNJ

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
I am hoping that Zumba will be offerred on the Oasis of the Seas when I sail in December. It would also be cool if there was a Zumba theme cruise. I am a Zumba instructor and would love to Zumba at sea :).

That would definitely be awesome! I hope they have it on Oasis also, even though I'm not going on it until Oct 2010. :D

• 5 weeks later...

I'm a Zumba Instructor and I know the first thing I do when I get on the boat is gonna march on down to the gym and ask if I can teach some classes while I'm aboard the ship. I know Carnival actually has an instructor coming on a cruise at somepoint to teach poolside, in the gym and in the dance clubs but I have no clue when this person will be on the ship and its only for ONE sailing.

With being on the seas so much and the Zumba workshops being sold out lately I think it would be very hard for the cruiselines to obtain someone who is certified to be on board all the time.

But like I've said in other threads if a cruiseline called me and asked me to come aboard and teach I'd be there in a heartbeat. I LOVE my job and I don't care if I'd have to share a room with other staff members if it gets me on the ship.

It all depends on who's in charge. They'll ask to see if you are group exercise certified as well as your zumba certification usually and you will need cpr certification most likely but alot of ships will let you as long as you have what they need you to have as far as being covered liability wise.

• 1 month later...

I too have been bitten by the Zumba bug. I take 3 classes a week at the local Y and we have 2 great instructors. I would love to be able to Zumba on a cruise, I wouldn't even mind paying . I hope Princess is listening.

Zumba is so much more fun than the traditional cardio work out.

• 2 months later...

I also LOVE Zumba and would be thrilled to see it offered on a cruise. I'd be willing to pay for the classes too. It would be the perfect addition to the cruise experience.

I'm booked on a Princess cruise next February. I wonder who I can contact to suggest they add Zumba to their lineup.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there someone we can keep e-mailing about classes that we would like to see on our cruise? As a regular cruiser I would like to see a few changes in the class schedule and would like to know that someone was interested in my imput since I use the fitness center every day for hours on my cruise.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...