Miracle 8/29 & NYC Review

magic&buddy

So now we were ready to get off the ship………headed down to A Deck to get the tender. Now I must tell you that I do not like tendering…..I get nervous going from ship to the tender…….the staff were wonderful with me…..I told them I was scared and they assured me they would help which they did and I got on and off with no problem.

We had no idea what to expect in Newport and I have to tell you we were delighted. What a wonderful spot…..I felt like I was taking a step back in time to when things were gentler and safer. We strolled the streets, did some shopping and had lunch. Everyone we spoke to was helpful and expressed their thanks to us for being there – how nice was that! Going to Newport was like getting a little gift we had not expected. See how pretty this town was………….

2538250730103998238S425x425Q85.jpg

2784249360103998238S425x425Q85.jpg

2495809630103998238S425x425Q85.jpg

2147750380103998238S425x425Q85.jpg

We needed to head back as we wanted to pack before dinner. We got a few shots of other tenders and of the Miracle as we approached…..see our wonderful home for the 8 days!

2089042400103998238S425x425Q85.jpg

2793898790103998238S425x425Q85.jpg

Once back on board we went to our cabin and took care of our packing. We didn’t want to do self-assist so we needed to have our luggage outside the door by midnight (I think that was the time). Once packing was finished it was about time for dinner……..to the dining rom we went to say good bye to Bertram and Leslie….

2466631290103998238S425x425Q85.jpg

2477043960103998238S425x425Q85.jpg

After dinner, and show we went for our final night-time walk on the outside promenade……..the moon was so clear and we were able to get some final shots with the moon.

2748672040103998238S425x425Q85.jpg

2301151300103998238S425x425Q85.jpg

Our magical, mystery cruise was coming to an end!

Saturday morning we got up early to sit on the balcony and watch NYC come into view. What a beautiful site. In port when we got there was the Carnival Victory………

2090971990103998238S425x425Q85.jpg

The Victory is a special ship to us as she was our first cruise – our honeymoon in July 2005. We met a great couple on her – Patti & Dan – who we still stay in touch with.

We were in no hurry to get off the ship and went up to the lido deck around 9 am – it was still self-assist at this time and our call number was 21 so we knew it would be a while. We had coffee and talked about how happy we were that we had another cruise to look forward to in April 2009…….on the Valor to the Western Caribbean……..it made leaving the Miracle a little bit easier. We were off the ship and waiting for a taxi by 11:15 am. The cruise was officially over but we still had one more night in NYC.

We had reservations at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square. We got there at 12:15 and I figured they would just hold our luggage but surprisingly our room was ready and we were able to get in early. We were very pleased with our room.........

2889651560103998238S425x425Q85.jpg

2982193370103998238S425x425Q85.jpg

After getting settled we went downstairs and found the TXTS Boothe was in our hotel - we were able to get tickets for Grease and headed over to the theatre. We had not been planning this but thought how often will we get to go to Broadway Shows in NYC! When we came out of the theatre it was pouring.......how ironic that we have been dashing away from the storm for days and remnants find us in NYC - we had to laugh! While we waited for the rain to let up a bit we realized that we were standing in a group of people who were obvioulsy waiting for something......we didn't know what though. At one point I turned and look who was there..........

2104788020103998238S425x425Q85.jpg

Taylor Hicks. the American Idol winner who was playing the Angel in Grease! That was fun.

We decided we would not wait for the rain to stop so we headed to 8th Ave to finish off some souvenier shopping for the folks back home.......took a walk along Broadway and then went to Juniors for dinner - had been told not to miss their cheesecake - this was good advice!

After dinner we heaed back to the hotel as we were pretty damp from the rain - also needed an early night as our train was leaving at 7:15 am. We said goodnight to NYC.

Up early the day we were departing and took this great picture from the window..............

2126859830103998238S425x425Q85.jpg

We went downstairs grabbed a cab to Penn Station and headed back to Toronto.

Want to thank everyone who helped me out with information and reviews before we went on our trip and also while we were on it. The responses to this review gave me the incentive to keep going so thank you - it was really like being there again for me at times.

When we got home we were telling our stories to the family and showing pictures of the ship - all agreed that she is beautiful. DD and her BF are the ones we are cruising with in April 2009 - DD is grduating from University in April so the cruise is her grad gift. They are both even more excited now. I am sad that this review is ending because it kept the cruise fresh for me by writing this - but I have one more piece to post......I will be back shortly.

As I mentioned earlier...............we felt a bit better about getting off the Miracle knowing that we were booked on the Valor in April 2009. Well once we got home and were talking to DD and her BF about the cruise and NYC she mentioened that she would prefer to sail out of NYC - rather than Miami. DH and I got very excited by the idea - we did some comparing of cruises and prices and to make a long story short.................................................................

we will be back in NYC in April and boarding the Miracle again on April 30, 2009. Isn't life great!

Thank you for the best review. DH and I are taking a much needed mommy & daddy only trip in June 2009 on the Miracle. I am so looking forward to it!! I must tell you that you sound like a wonderful couple with a great positive attitude about everything. I have read so many times of people complaining about going to a different port, but you seemed to be able to make everything so much fun. What a wonderful way to live life so positive!!! Have a wonderful next cruise in April. I look forward to hearing your review.....as even your next cruise on the Miracle is before mine!!!

It was either the 3rd or 4th - I will check the capers and let you now for sure -- ours might have been different than regular cruises though as our sea days and port days were different.

Thanks. We are going to the supper club on the 3rd night at 7:30 and wondering if this will conflict. Not a big deal though.

Will be happy to anser any questions I can.

Thanks again,,,and yes..a few questions...

(we did this cruise before, but prior to dress code changes)

I see your DH had a jacket-no tie...my DH was thinking tie/dress shirt/no jacket....was that also seen in DR on "dress" nights? What was the range.of attire in DR both male and female..

magic&buddy - That was just the best review I've read ever on these boards. What a great attitude you both have. Got to love that! We sailed on the Miracle in April and just loved it. I got a little excited when I read you guys were sailing her again. I thought maybe we'd be on the same cruise - but no luck. We're sailing on her again in May 09!! Thanks again for the great review!

Your review was fantastic. I will be sailing on the Miracle in 18 days. I am a native and believe it or not have never sailed out of my hometown. Loved your description of the city. I am happy to see you had such a positive experience in New York, and think it is wonderful that you will be coming again.

Your review was fantastic. I will be sailing on the Miracle in 18 days. I am a native and believe it or not have never sailed out of my hometown. Loved your description of the city. I am happy to see you had such a positive experience in New York, and think it is wonderful that you will be coming again.

Oh, you must be on the cruise before me... have a wonderful time and tell Ms Miracle that the "Merrymakers" will soon be her guests.

Thanks. We are going to the supper club on the 3rd night at 7:30 and wondering if this will conflict. Not a big deal though.

Sorry i was not clear --- I meant the 3rd or 4th of September which was the 6th or 7th night of the cruise. Sorry for that.

Excellent review.....I took my very first cruise on the Miracle out of NY in August. Your review brought back so many memories. I have another Miracle cruise set for Janurary out of FLL.....Although I can't wait for the cruise I really loved leaving out of NY.........Im sure I will survive leaving out of FLL LOL

Thanks again,,,and yes..a few questions...

(we did this cruise before, but prior to dress code changes)

I see your DH had a jacket-no tie...my DH was thinking tie/dress shirt/no jacket....was that also seen in DR on "dress" nights? What was the range.of attire in DR both male and female..

The dress on elegant night was varied - dress shirt and tie - no jacket for men was seem alot - saw some men in tuxedos - even some in regular casual clothes. Women were dressed in everything from pants and nice blouses to long gowns.

The dress on elegant night was varied - dress shirt and tie - no jacket for men was seem alot - saw some men in tuxedos - even some in regular casual clothes. Women were dressed in everything from pants and nice blouses to long gowns.[/quote

thanks so much....really needed an updated report on that !!:)

Archived