Cruise Critic Community
Copper10-8

Your first cruise ship

NCL Westward in1994. I was the guy who booked this for three other couples (although I had no experience cruising and really didn't know what H I was doing...just wanted to find something for the 4 couples to do). So, with Mr. 'no experience' in charge... the cruise is out of Ft. Lauderdale and that's where were flying to...not. We're wherever the connection was and the flight is cancelled. 6 of us there and in a panic. Luckily, in my younger days, I was good at problem solving, so after some time, some stress and some adventures I got us booked to W. Palm Beach just up the road. Timing's close but ok. We arrive in West Palm and no one there has heard of us or has a plan. More time and more problem solving and they're going to get us a van (and a bus for other people going elseware). Well, no van shows up, but there's this bus with a lovely lady who's an ex taxi cabdriver from NYC. We hijack the bus (I guess we'll never know who's bus it really was) and off like a bat out of H she's off to Ft. L. We arrive with no minutes to spare but somehow in all of the poor comuncation they knew we were coming. Big sigh, on the boat, end of story... not quite. Into our cabin. Now I've never been on a cruise ship so what do I know. The beds are on different walls with no chance of putting them together. So, for 4 nights we looked at each other across the room and went to sleep. Getting ready to go on our 10th cruise so I guess it all worked out. Bon Voyage.

2003 on the Carnival Ecstasy. It was a 5 night out of Galveston and I was hooked. Going on my 7th in April. Going to be retiring within the next few years and Im starting to look at Transatlantic, European and other longer cruises. 

Commodore cruise lines Enchanted Isle from New Orleans many years ago, about the same time Carnival was introducing the Mardi Gras and Festivale.

1992 Nordic Empress ---- fell in love with cruising -- RCCL brought it back as the Empress of the Seas --- maybe we need to cruise on it again

First cruise ship is docked in Philadelphia rusting away. It should have been scrapped years ago but some foolish people think they can restore her. It is the SS United States, first cruise 1968.