tulsascott

Will Carnival still Estcasy be able to ship out on Monday or Tuesday?

:confused: :) My wife and I were going to celebrate our fith anniversary with our first cruise which was scheduled with the Carnival Cruise lines to leave on Monday. We even purchased the airfare thru carnival. We are trying to find out if the ship will be able to sail Monday or Tuesday or if the cruise will be cancelled. The website still has a message that they plan to leave on Monday. Is it possible they could send us to another port or fly us to a different port so we could still take a cruise? Has anyone else had something like this happen to them in the past? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, no one has any more information than you at this point. My guess is the Ecstasy will still sail tomorrow, but whether it's from Galveston, Houston, or New Orleans is still a guess.

Carnival will probably not say anything until about 7pm tonight, so keep checking the Internet or be available to the phone line you gave Carnival when filling out your Fun Pass.

Please don't let this ruin your fifth anniversary! Try to make the best of it and just think of the stories you will be able to tell later . . .

They notified us by e-mail and also check the home pages tropical update!! Right now most everyones saying they are coming into the New Bayport Terminal, Houstons in bad shape,No Water, Electricity, and floooding and curfews from 9PM till 6AM till next saturday!! Im waiting till the 7PM update Carnival will still let you cancel without penalties!!

:confused: :) My wife and I were going to celebrate our fith anniversary with our first cruise which was scheduled with the Carnival Cruise lines to leave on Monday. We even purchased the airfare thru carnival. We are trying to find out if the ship will be able to sail Monday or Tuesday or if the cruise will be cancelled. The website still has a message that they plan to leave on Monday. Is it possible they could send us to another port or fly us to a different port so we could still take a cruise? Has anyone else had something like this happen to them in the past? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

It's very important that you keep checking Carnival's website. Go to Carnival.com....at the bottom right, there is a section "Tropical Weather Update". All information is there. I've copied info on the Ecstasy here for you. Also, FYI, Cruise Critic has updates posted on their home page under "Hurricane Zone".......

Carnival Ecstasy September 15, 2008 Departure

We are planning to operate this cruise as scheduled with departure on Monday, September 15.

There is some chance that the Port of Galveston will not be open on Monday. If that occurs, we will operate a 4 day cruise departing on Tuesday, September 16.

We will send a communication to all guests on this cruise no later than 7:00 PM (CDT) on Sunday to advise any changes to our plans to operate the scheduled 5 day cruise on Monday, September 15.

They notified us by e-mail and also check the home pages tropical update!! Right now most everyones saying they are coming into the New Bayport Terminal, Houstons in bad shape,No Water, Electricity, and floooding and curfews from 9PM till 6AM till next saturday!! Im waiting till the 7PM update Carnival will still let you cancel without penalties!!

Posters on an internet BB were speculating that it sounds like (from their perspective) that the ship may, if things work out, cruise from the Baytown terminal If they get power, if the ship channel opens, if the workers can get there and if they can get it cleaned up given that they only have "temporary and intermittent generator power."

Robert, in all likelihood, you are going to be sailing from NOLA. (my guess as an internet BB poster)...

The airports in Houston are closed. They was heavy damage to Bush IAH. We have power, but we are one of the few. No stores are open and the Freeway to Galveston is littered with boats. The Bayport cruise terminal is in Clear Lake and they have no City Services. We are still being asked to stay off the roads. We also had additional 6-9 inches of rain this am. I can't imagine either cruise terminal will be opened by Monday.

It's very important that you keep checking Carnival's website. Go to Carnival.com....at the bottom right' date=' there is a section "Tropical Weather Update". All information is there. I've copied info on the Ecstasy here for you. Also, FYI, Cruise Critic has updates posted on their home page under "Hurricane Zone".......

[b']Carnival Ecstasy September 15, 2008 Departure[/b]

We are planning to operate this cruise as scheduled with departure on Monday, September 15.

There is some chance that the Port of Galveston will not be open on Monday. If that occurs, we will operate a 4 day cruise departing on Tuesday, September 16.

We will send a communication to all guests on this cruise no later than 7:00 PM (CDT) on Sunday to advise any changes to our plans to operate the scheduled 5 day cruise on Monday, September 15.

Please cease posting this mis-information. You are doing a great disservice to the folks seeking real answers. Anyone with a TV knows it's not gonna happen like Carnival is posting at this time. If you don't have the correct answer then you are just creating more problems. Stop already.

Please cease posting this mis-information. You are doing a great disservice to the folks seeking real answers. Anyone with a TV knows it's not gonna happen like Carnival is posting at this time. If you don't have the correct answer then you are just creating more problems. Stop already.

Are you serious? This is the info that Carnival is putting out for everyone to read... If you have a problem with the info then contact Carnival... not the poster....!:confused:

just hung up from carnival they said they still dont know whats going on.there still waiting for port autorites to let them know what to do about our cruise on 15th and 2 ships still out

Are you serious? This is the info that Carnival is putting out for everyone to read... If you have a problem with the info then contact Carnival... not the poster....!:confused:

They were talking about the poster, The poster keeps posting this from carnival all over!!;) We know this ive read it 14 times!!:rolleyes: Right now Im going to mow the yard and then Im gonna have a beer and watch some football and then Ill just check at 7PM for what carnival says and then Ill probably drink 6 More Beers and watch another Football game and then Ill decide!!:p :D.Whether to go or Cancel, by that time I should be so drunk ill probably start the Boat instead of the Truck!!.Seayall later!LOL!

Yes, I'm serious. I don't know what you've been smoking, but you can't seriously believe that Carnival is going to steam into Galveston with 2 ships in the middle of all that devastation. Meanwhile, they have 5000 cruisers in limbo with no idea where to go to catch their ship because they have that work of fantasy posted on their website and being copied and pasted on this site as gospel. Anyone with a tv and a brain would know that it ain't gonna happen, so why keep spreading the mis-information? Be for real cap'n.

They decided to cancel:

SEPTEMBER 14, 2008 – 2:00 PM

We are closely monitoring the situation in Galveston and the impact from Hurricane Ike. We do not currently have a lot of information about the status of the shipping channel, cruise terminal or the port access infrastructure. Local communication has been very challenging and there are restrictions against incoming traffic into the Galveston area.

We do not expect the Port of Galveston to be open on Monday and there is tremendous uncertainty about when the port will be available to us next week. Due to this situation, we will now cancel the following cruises:

Carnival Conquest September 14, 2008 departure that was re-scheduled to a 6 day cruise departing on Monday, September 15.</STRONG>

Carnival Ecstasy September 15, 2008 departure

Guests will receive a full refund of cruise fare and we will process these refunds within three weeks.

We sincerely apologize to our guests that are impacted by these cancelled cruises. Unfortunately, we did not have any viable options available to provide an alternative cruise option.

We hope that all of those that reside in the areas impacted by Hurricane Ike were able to remain safe. We also wish a speedy recovery to those that may have sustained damage homes or businesses.

Yes and no future discounts on future sailings,very inconsidirate for us Loyal Carnival Cruisers,they really dropped the ball on this and all you know it's not right by the way we were treated!!;) Im looking at Princess or NCL for my cruise for October!!

Yes and no future discounts on future sailings,very inconsidirate for us Loyal Carnival Cruisers,they really dropped the ball on this and all you know it's not right by the way we were treated!!;) Im looking at Princess or NCL for my cruise for October!!

Wow.

Wow.

Yes and until your in this situation and not knowning where your going to get on the ship and waiting 4 days with no information and if they cancelled we have lives and havent been able to do a thing until this notice!! So YEAH!! :rolleyes: "WOW"

Inconsiderate?

You think you are entitled to more than a refund because of a hurricane?

Get real and get a life. Carnival is in business to make money, not give it away.

Have fun on Princess or NCL.

I wonder if they will port Ecstasy out of Mobile until Galveston is repaired. Would make sense to move it there and teh Conquest to New Orleans. If they do leave Ecstasy in Mobile and offer some of those cheap rates to fill her back up....COUGH COUGH COUGH..... I think I feel a late summer cold coming on....might be sick for 4 days......

They were talking about the poster, The poster keeps posting this from carnival all over!!;) We know this ive read it 14 times!!:rolleyes: Right now Im going to mow the yard and then Im gonna have a beer and watch some football and then Ill just check at 7PM for what carnival says and then Ill probably drink 6 More Beers and watch another Football game and then Ill decide!!:p :D.Whether to go or Cancel, by that time I should be so drunk ill probably start the Boat instead of the Truck!!.Seayall later!LOL!

To those of you that want to shoot the Messenger..... Do Not...!

Carnival has again given you their official answer... Now they say: Next weeks cruises out of Galveston are cancelled... Those that are scheduled now for the next week after that can now wait for a long drawn out decision from Carnival... It is likely that many cruises will be cancelled until they make the decision to move the ships to New Orleans and Mobile...

Inconsiderate?

You think you are entitled to more than a refund because of a hurricane?

Get real and get a life. Carnival is in business to make money, not give it away.

Have fun on Princess or NCL.

Ive got a life and apparrently this is yours to flame me, it would of been good public relations to do so because of us that have been sitting here for 4 days without information,so dont sit up on your pedestal and be a bigot and judge us if you arent in my situation you dont know what my life is like and who are you to judge, "GOD" those in glass houses shouldnt throw stones they may just come back to hit you in the head!!;) :rolleyes:

Ive got a life and apparrently this is yours to flame me, it would of been good public relations to do so because of us that have been sitting here for 4 days without information,so dont sit up on your pedestal and be a bigot and judge us if you arent in my situation you dont know what my life is like and who are you to judge, "GOD" those in glass houses shouldnt throw stones they may just come back to hit you in the head!!;) :rolleyes:

Carnival did not have info until today. Anyone who had access to a TV over the past 72 hours knew full well that no ships would sail out of Galveston anytime in the near future, but until Carnival actually had reports from the scene after the storm they could not make a decision. They could not have gotten those reports before late yesterday or early today.

Wonder why they haven't canceled the next week's yet? Simple - They still do not have enough accurate information to make a decision.

Now go get a life and quit acting like a troll and flaming everyone over a stupid vacation when people are dead because of the storm that is disrupting you!

Carnival did not have info until today. Anyone who had access to a TV over the past 72 hours knew full well that no ships would sail out of Galveston anytime in the near future, but until Carnival actually had reports from the scene after the storm they could not make a decision. They could not have gotten those reports before late yesterday or early today.

Wonder why they haven't canceled the next week's yet? Simple - They still do not have enough accurate information to make a decision.

Now go get a life and quit acting like a troll and flaming everyone over a stupid vacation when people are dead because of the storm that is disrupting you!

You do not have to be so nasty. I have alot of sympathy for these people who have put their lives on hold and waiting to find out if they are going on a vacation or not.

I also have sympathy for people who have lost their homes and lives.

I am so sorry for everyone whose cruises have been cancelled. If would be nice if Carnival offerered some kind of discount on a future cruise. (I know that they don't have to but it would be a nice gesture).

Good luck to everyone.

From the Carnival Home Page,

TROPICAL WEATHER UPDATE

SEPTEMBER 14, 2008 – 6:00 PM

We are closely monitoring the situation in Galveston and the impact from Hurricane Ike. We do not currently have a lot of information about the status of the shipping channel, cruise terminal or the port access infrastructure. Local communication has been very challenging and there are restrictions against incoming traffic into the Galveston area.

We do not expect the Port of Galveston to be open on Monday and there is tremendous uncertainty about when the port will be available to us next week. Due to this situation, we will now cancel the following cruises:

Carnival Conquest September 14, 2008 departure that was re-scheduled to a 6 day cruise departing on Monday, September 15.</STRONG>

Guests will receive a full refund of cruise fare and we will process these refunds within three weeks.

Carnival Conquest September 7, 2008 Departure

The Carnival Conquest cruise that departed on September 7 will return to New Orleans on Monday, September 15. Guests will be able to debark on Monday or Tuesday. Guests will also be able to remain onboard and sail back to Galveston with the ship. However, we are uncertain about when the Port of Galveston will re-open.

Carnival Ecstasy September 11, 2008 Departure

The Carnival Ecstasy cruise that departed on September 11, 2008 will return to New Orleans on Tuesday, September 16 (2:00 PM arrival). Guests will be able to debark on Tuesday or Wednesday. Guests will also be able to remain onboard and sail back to Galveston with the ship. However, we are uncertain about when the Port of Galveston will re-open.

We sincerely apologize to our guests that are impacted by these cancelled or modified cruises. Most importantly, we hope that all of those that reside in the areas impacted by Hurricane Ike were able to remain safe. We also wish a speedy recovery to those that may have sustained damage homes or businesses.

From the Carnival Home Page,

TROPICAL WEATHER UPDATE

SEPTEMBER 14, 2008 – 6:00 PM

Carnival Conquest September 7, 2008 Departure

The Carnival Conquest cruise that departed on September 7 will return to New Orleans on Monday, September 15. Guests will be able to debark on Monday or Tuesday. Guests will also be able to remain onboard and sail back to Galveston with the ship. However, we are uncertain about when the Port of Galveston will re-open.

Carnival Ecstasy September 11, 2008 Departure

The Carnival Ecstasy cruise that departed on September 11, 2008 will return to New Orleans on Tuesday, September 16 (2:00 PM arrival). Guests will be able to debark on Tuesday or Wednesday. Guests will also be able to remain onboard and sail back to Galveston with the ship. However, we are uncertain about when the Port of Galveston will re-open.

We sincerely apologize to our guests that are impacted by these cancelled or modified cruises. Most importantly, we hope that all of those that reside in the areas impacted by Hurricane Ike were able to remain safe. We also wish a speedy recovery to those that may have sustained damage homes or businesses.

I find it very interesting that Carnival is going to allow passengers to remain on board until the ship returns to Galveston. I wonder what happens if we get a two or three week delay in getting back?

It appears that you are a very miserable man! While you were off drinking your beers and watching football, people were dying and children were fleeing to higher ground to prevent from drowning.YOU my friend are the perfect example of a narcisist. (look it up). Yeah, we should all be pissed at Carnival right now. PLeeeeeeese. I live in Texas only 2 hours away from Galveston and WE don't even know what the REAL DEAL is over in Galveston just based on the news. So tell me how it is that you have such detailed insight as to what is happening over there and what is not? You are just a miserable man that wants this company to feel sorry for you because you can't get your brake away from whatever it is you are so miserable about that you have to come a spew ugliness all over this thread. You have already disqualified yourself on this thread as a person that can add any positive or helpful information to the situation. So respectfull Robert "go away" and go drink a beer or watch another football game and stop demanding that people be perfect when they are being motivated by a REAL desire to help people..

Deanna

I'm on the Oct 13th Ecstasy. Surely the port will be reopened by then. If not would they maybe allow us to transfer to a cruise out of New Orleans or a later cruise. I haven't changed my name on my passport and my friend doesn't even have one yet so the only way we can go to tropical Mexico that week is by cruise. Also I haven't had a vacation in forever and don't want to wait until Nov or Dec. I don't want to wait until 3 weeks after the cruise date to get a refund either.

It appears that you are a very miserable man! While you were off drinking your beers and watching football, people were dying and children were fleeing to higher ground to prevent from drowning.YOU my friend are the perfect example of a narcisist. (look it up). Yeah, we should all be pissed at Carnival right now. PLeeeeeeese. I live in Texas only 2 hours away from Galveston and WE don't even know what the REAL DEAL is over in Galveston just based on the news. So tell me how it is that you have such detailed insight as to what is happening over there and what is not? You are just a miserable man that wants this company to feel sorry for you because you can't get your brake away from whatever it is you are so miserable about that you have to come a spew ugliness all over this thread. You have already disqualified yourself on this thread as a person that can add any positive or helpful information to the situation. So respectfull Robert "go away" and go drink a beer or watch another football game and stop demanding that people be perfect when they are being motivated by a REAL desire to help people..

Deanna

I really think that your post is uncalled for.