Cruise Critic Community
ohioNCLcruiser

LIVE: Come follow me day by day on my 21st Birthday cruise w/ Twitter!

Greetings everyone!

Well my cruise is almost here!

For those that don't know me I'm James and I use to work on the Pride Of America for NCL America.

Well Sunday kicks off a very special cruise for me. My big 21st Birthday cruise on the Norwegian Dawn.

The cruise will be a 7 day Canada and New England cruise. I'm throwing a twist to traditional live reviews.

Starting Saturday night I will be using Twitter for my up to the minute cruise updates. http://www.twitter.com/cruiseshipcrew is my account.

Twitter is a blog site for very short updates but you do them very often. Each day I'm guessing I will put at least 10 updates from whats going on around the ship to Dinner and if it was a hit or miss.

I would love to see many people sign up to follow me. Each update it will show you what I'm doing when I submit it from my cell phone.

Example of how it works:

"Sunday 8am: In line at security at the ship, check in is taking aprx 20 minutes so far.."

"Sunday 5pm: Crusing past the WTC location and past Lady Liberty, dinner in Cagneys tonight!"

"Sunday 8pm: Dinner in Cagneys was great! I had a glass of water and a crouton. Getting excited for the cruise critic meeting tomorrow in the star bar!"

Video:

I will be doing a video review of each day of the cruise (8-10 minute video per day) showing meals, entertainment, ports of call etc. Expect these videos to be posted day by day when I return home on September 28th. I will post the video links here as well as my Youtube account http://www.youtube.com/user/cruiseshipcrew.

Now more importantly....ASK ANYTHING YOU NEED THE ANSWER TO! I will do my best to find them.

Thanks everyone!

James

I'd love to sign up to follow you, but I don't think I want to waste my internet minutes following you when I'll be on the same ship! :D Will there be anyway to read all your posts once I get home?

I'd love to sign up to follow you, but I don't think I want to waste my internet minutes following you when I'll be on the same ship! :D Will there be anyway to read all your posts once I get home?

Yes they will still be there!

Hey, James! I'll be sure to follow you. I'm very interested in this cruise, so I can't wait to hear what you think about it.

Have a super time!

Hi James,

Could you post the dinner menus from the main restaurants (maybe via photos).

Thanks. Have a great cruise.

Hi James,

I hope your birthday cruise is super special. I won't be able to follow you day by day since I'll be on the Sun for 11 days. I will look forward to reading all about your cruise when I get back. Have a blast!

Kristy

Happy Birthday James & have a terrific cruise! I'll be following and eager to read your posts...as we'll be boarding 2 weeks after you. But we'll be doing Bermuda. What day is your actual BD? My father is the 24th & my brother is the 28th.

Have a wonderful birthday, James!!

I know you will totally enjoy your cruise!

The Dawn is my favorite ship - and can't wait to go again!

Question - I read somewhere on here (months ago) about some 'secret passage way' to get to look in window of the bridge?

Do you know where that is? Thanks! :)

Happy Birthday J! welcome to full adult hood..

Going to be on the same trip, sort-of but will be on the dream out of boston.

I'm looking forward to checking out your blog when I get back. It will be very interesting to see Nova Scotia from your point of view.

Thank goodness for vacations!!

Enjoy!

Happy Birthday James!!!

Enjoy yourself. I, too, cannot wait for the day I don't have to have my mom sign the consent form saying I can go on the cruise without her. I can go to Italy by myself, and I've lived by myself in my own apartment for 2 years, but I can't go on a cruise ship by myself...anyway.....haha:rolleyes: :p :D

I look forward to following your blog!!!

Thanks for the invite, James! Happy Birthday, have a great cruise, and I'll be glad to follow you and join in on the fun!

Happy 21st James!! We are addicts thanks to our successful first cruise last year on PoAM. We will be following all of your adventures! Have a GREAT cruise.

Happy Birthday James. I will follow you as much as time permits. Getting ready to board the Star on the 27th so a little busy but look forward to your input. That cruise peeks my interest so cant wait to hear about it.

Hi James! Hope you have a great birthday cruise and that you enjoy my home town Halifax. We have been having wonderful weather here the past week so I hope it holds out for you...

Thanks for taking the time to share your cruise with all of us!

Have a wonderful 21st Birthday James! I can't imagine a better way to spend a birthday than on a cruise ship. I'm very exited to follow your blog. I've thought about cruising in the north so it will be interesting to hear your opinions.

Question - I read somewhere on here (months ago) about some 'secret passage way' to get to look in window of the bridge?

Do you know where that is? Thanks! :)

Not sure if this is what you're referring to but I noticed when looking at the deck plans on NCL.com, if you hold your curser over the Spinnaker Lounge a window pops up and it says, "Horizontal windows in the floor let you look down on the bridge."

James, hope you have a fabulous birthday!:)

Not sure if this is what you're referring to but I noticed when looking at the deck plans on NCL.com, if you hold your curser over the Spinnaker Lounge a window pops up and it says, "Horizontal windows in the floor let you look down on the bridge."

James, hope you have a fabulous birthday!:)

And on the Jewel/Pearl/Gem/Jade there is a bridge viewing room deck 11 port side all the way forward. Has GPS and radar repeaters. Videos on the building of the ship, plaques, etc. Worth a visit.

Yes they will still be there!

And you will have the pleasure of having Jose and Patti entertaining you in the Spinnaker Lounge. They are, IMHO, the best NCL has and we look forward to a cruise with them again. When on the Wind with them, we worked our schedule around threir shows. They have a couple of CD, including their take on Neil Diamond and plan to do another soon of the 60's music.

Post some video/updates on them, please.

James - have a wonderful birthday cruise. My own DB just missed celebrating his bday as a member of the crew on the Carnival Holiday & he said the crew goes crazy celebtrating with the honoree.

I'll follow your blogs as well, but maybe wait a few days so I can read a long thread in 1 sitting.

Have a wonderful (and safe) trip!

Happy Birthdya James. I hope you have your favorite libation on the 24 being all legal. I hope you booked a great room for yourself. Enjoy! I'd love to read about your daily life on the Dawn.

Have a ball!

Happy 21st James! I will be following your posts. Missing my own daughter who left to go back to school yesterday, and turns 21 on the 25th! Happy and willing to celebrate both of your big birthdays vicariously :D. Have a great trip!

Robin