Christmas cruise?

Butterfly~kisses!

We have been in several foreign ports on Christmas day in the past, and have been surprised at how many excursions run, how many shops are opened, etc. I guess that as long as there is tourist money there, many will open. Some of the ports celebrate "Boxing Day" instead (it is on a different day) so they are open Christmas day.

We are doing the 8 day Freedom over Christmas--we celebrate Hannukah which will start during the cruise. We have done Christmas and/or New Year's cruises for the last 3 years--this year will be our 4th and we always have a great time.

2005--Victory Eastern Christmas Day through New year's Day.

2006-Victory western-embarkation New Years eve day.

2007 NCL Jewel--December 18-December 27-southern.

2008--will be doing Western Carnival Freedom--Dec 20-28.

Our least favorite was NCL Jewel--it cost us twice as much for worse food and entertainment than Carnival--a total disappointment except that we traveled with family so that part was nice.

Just out of curiousity, is anyone else booked on a Christmas cruise for this year?

I thought it would be fun for everyone to list their X-mas cruise here!

I'll start it off:

Butterfly~kisses! cruising on the Freedom December 20th - our first X-mas cruise and I'm so excited:D

Anyone else?

This will be our first Christmas Cruise too! We also are VERY EXCITED and can not wait!! Freedom here we come? By the way, where does Santa land his sleigh? ;)

Santa makes an appearance in the Lobby (by the tree - next to the piano) on Christmas eve. Everyone gathers around, and he passes out candy canes, and poses for pictures for anyone and everyone. So Santa could "deliver" any gifts that evening, just as he would at home! (I think the sleigh lands on the funnel - LOL)

We're sailing on the Voyager of the Seas this Christmas. My husband and I are taking my parents, our daughter and her husband and our other daughter and a friend.

My second time on Voyager, but I've never sailed for Christmas. We've sailed several New Year's Eve cruises and we love it when the ship has decoration still up!

Santa makes an appearance in the Lobby (by the tree - next to the piano) on Christmas eve. Everyone gathers around, and he passes out candy canes, and poses for pictures for anyone and everyone. So Santa could "deliver" any gifts that evening, just as he would at home! (I think the sleigh lands on the funnel - LOL)

LOL! I like the funnel comment! Too cute!

Thanks for the info! Santa is bring only a few small items (baby Jesus only got 3 presents from the wise men, santa only brings 3 items too!).;)

• 4 weeks later...
We're sailing on the Voyager of the Seas this Christmas. My husband and I are taking my parents, our daughter and her husband and our other daughter and a friend.

My second time on Voyager, but I've never sailed for Christmas. We've sailed several New Year's Eve cruises and we love it when the ship has decoration still up!

We sailed the voyager last Christmas. It was spectacular. The Holiday ice show was first class. On Christmas morning they had Santa at the ice rink and every child was given a wrapped present from Royal Carribean. They have a big beautiful tree in the promenade area.

Have a great time we really liked the Voyager.

We always give our stewards cash as a Christmas gift. They are in tiny cabins, and have no room for "other" stuff. Phone cards may, or may not work for them. Anything they need to purchase can be gotten by them for a discount on the ship. So far, no one has ever complained about the green we give!

this year 13 of us will be on RCL Majesty of the Seas for 4 days.. then 2 day pit stop in Miami.. then 11 of us carry on to our NYE cruise.. Triumph. We love cruising for christmas. But shhhhh!! don't tell the kids.. we have them convinced we're spending christmas at Disney (which they think is quite boring now compared to last yrs cruise)

anyone have a cool idea on how we can reveal the surprise to the kids? We're driving down to FL.. so waiting until we see the ships won't work..lol. Any road signs past Orlando.. they will figure it out. We have a total of 7 kids.. ages 17-10 coming with us. and they are all cruise smart and quite experienced with the cruise ports..lol

I'm thinking the last night of our drive is when we'll have to tell them, like I said above.. passing the signs for orlando they will figure it out. Whats a cool way to surprise them with the reveal? We're leaving cruise # 2 a complete surprise until that day.

Quincella- I have kids that are at the age where they question everything about santa. (10 &12). Last year we purchased duffle bags that roll.. there is a hidden compartment that unzips and provides lots of storage for presents you don't want seen..lol We were able to fit quite a lot of presents in there. I'm pretty sure we bought these at walmart.

Now.. Christmas eve after the kiddies go to bed.. you'll need to do a mission impossible.. pull out all the presents and place under your tree (we brought a 2 ft tree with us) and QUIETLY work your way around that tiny cabin preparing for santa's arrival...lol

It was all worth it the next morning though.. when my boys were so surprised santa really came! They both said.. " he's real! he has to be.. cause we checked all the suitcases and these toys weren't in there!" Priceless!

We're taking our first Christmas cruise this year - 12/20, Celebrity Summit out of San Juan to the Southern Caribbean.

Will be me, my son, step-dad, sis, and BIL - 2 cabins. Just like you, Raquel, we're doing this to escape the pain of a 1st Christmas without a loved one.

Looking forward to a little sun and fun after a tough year.

We are looking at a short cruise the 19th thru the 22nd BUT we are footing the bill for 8 kids (by kids I mean ages 18-30) and us so 10 of us in all! Hence the shorter cruise (more affordable). We will be back home for Christmas Eve and Christmas day , we will decide in the next week or so.....but I am pretty sold on the idea :) Can't beat the price!

I am booked on the Triumph for Christmas. It is going to be my 6th holiday cruise (third Christmas one) and I love it. The Christmas spirit and the decorations are so nice that I keep doing it. I also like that so far all the holiday cruises that I have taken have provided religious services.

Archived