What type of reception for my tub?

PrincessDreams4P&B

We are traveling in 2 weeks for our first cruise with our newest member, our 1 year old daughter. I got the idea from the family board to bring a blow up tub for infants to the pool area, fill it with about an inch or two of water for her to splash around in as she is not going to be able to go swimming with her brothers in the big pool. The tub is small and would fit quietly next to a louge chair (it is not the one with the big duck head).

My husband is worried that we are going to be asked to put it away and that people will not be receptive to the idea (Read into that, I don't want people looking at me like I have three heads).

Thoughts on what we might expect or encounter?

Not sure if you can use it right next to the pool, but I know others that used it away from the pool and on their balcony-

There may be 'too much activity' and for liability reasons may not want it next to the pool

But have fun and I just want to give you a big THANK YOU for having the forethought to not allow your baby in diapers in the pool!~:)

it"s really small, just big enough for her to sit in. and it is rectangle in shape, not round like a pool. Which is why I was hoping it would fit between 2 deck chairs and go unnoticed for the most part.

That is what I was going to suggest.

Go for it! It will be between the two of you and out of foot traffic an it is in the space that would be taken up by a paying passenger on a deck chair which she is. It's a great idea.

:D

I don't think you'd have any problem at all. I think it's a wonderful idea and people should be very thankful you aren't allowing her in the pool. There is nothing cuter than a baby playing in water and I'd love to see her on one of my cruises. I think you are a very responsible parent and very smart to think of this.

Have a fabulous cruise.

There's zero room on the Lido for blow-up tubs/kiddie-pools, there's barely enough room to squirm into a lounge chair. It may be a first, but DH is probably correct on this one. If security doesn't tell you to get rid of the tub on their own, they will shortly when someone inevitably complains - I'm sorry but I would complain also. That's what the water features and such are for. Sorry - Ken.

I would also hesitate about keeping her on the Lido deck for her own security and safety, however, it's a great idea for your balcony!

I believe there's a kiddie splash area, and it would be perfect for her and her tub, and your other kids to play in at the same time too. :)

Now, on not so busy days, I could see it being used on the Lido deck, but with people drinking, games being played, kids running around, etc. I'd be nervous myself as a mother. Cute idea though!

it"s really small, just big enough for her to sit in. and it is rectangle in shape, not round like a pool. Which is why I was hoping it would fit between 2 deck chairs and go unnoticed for the most part.

It is a good idea but it is not going to fit between two deck chairs. There is at most 3 or 4 inches between the chairs. They fit as many as possible in and honestly you would get a lot of legitimate complaints if you tried to use it near the pool, but if you were away from the pool it would be no problem.

I don't think you'd have any problem at all. I think it's a wonderful idea and people should be very thankful you aren't allowing her in the pool. There is nothing cuter than a baby playing in water and I'd love to see her on one of my cruises. I think you are a very responsible parent and very smart to think of this.

Have a fabulous cruise.

If you can find a spot to squeeze it in, then I say ditto to the quoted post. :)

The Triumph has a kiddie pool/play area on the sun deck forward above Camp Carnival. I doubt this area will draw any kind of crowd on a mid October sailing like the area around the main Lido pool will. I would try this area first. You should have plenty of room for your lounge chairs and tub.

TISUN2.GIF

It is a good idea but it is not going to fit between two deck chairs. There is at most 3 or 4 inches between the chairs. They fit as many as possible in and honestly you would get a lot of legitimate complaints if you tried to use it near the pool, but if you were away from the pool it would be no problem.

If you remove a deck chair it would fit, or sit it on the deck chair.

She is a paid passenger and is entitled to the space. ;)

I had planned on being tucked away somewhere, not where the "main action" is just for the reasons of it being too loud (the Triumph is being retro fitted for the Sea Side theater as we speak and we are on her 2nd sailing out of dry dock). I also wanted her to be out of the line of hustle and bustle, so no one would be walking, running etc. around her.

As for where I would dispose of the water, I will probably use the drain, where the showers are. I just planned on putting just enough for her to play, not swim or bathe in, so there shouldn't be too much to dispose of.

Ken076 - I see your point but a baby still in diapers is not allowed to use the water facilities, as it is a health hazard. So my daughter cannot go into the pool, or any other type of water vessel. There really is not any other option for her and I would like her to be able to play, stay cool and engaged during her trip, without imposing on her fellow passengers.

I didn't know that there was a children's pool area..Thanks for the tip!!

Thanks for all of the replies, I will let you know how it goes! We are looking forward to seeing the Triumph and her rennovations.

I wish more people were as considerate as you and planned ahead.

:D

I am curious how you are going to add water to the tub. Lots of ways to do it, Just give it some fore thought. The same method/vessel could also be used to empty the pool after use. OH, and dont forget her sun screen. That Caribbean sun can really burn young skin!

Enjoy!!

I am curious how you are going to add water to the tub. Lots of ways to do it, Just give it some fore thought. The same method/vessel could also be used to empty the pool after use. OH, and dont forget her sun screen. That Caribbean sun can really burn young skin!

Enjoy!!

I have a little cup (holds about 2 1/2 cups of water) that I planned to bring to fill and empty the tub.

I got her a special swim suit with sleeves that helps to block the suns rays. I have bought evey type of sun screen and lotion known to man and a little beach cabana for our day at Half Moon Cay!

I have a little cup (holds about 2 1/2 cups of water) that I planned to bring to fill and empty the tub.

I got her a special swim suit with sleeves that helps to block the suns rays. I have bought evey type of sun screen and lotion known to man and a little beach cabana for our day at Half Moon Cay!

Sounds like you have it covered! ;)

Take some pics and post back later.

Archived