Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bamboo29

Thenford Grey

Anyone received an email response from Thenford Grey lately.

Two emails to him and no response. I will keep trying.

Anyone received an email response from Thenford Grey lately.

Two emails to him and no response. I will keep trying.

Did you check your junk mail?

If you have toured with Thenford Grey...What did you see and do? Did you enjoy your tour or wished you had done something else?

Thanks in advance for any info you can share with us.

Pat :)

If you have toured with Thenford Grey...What did you see and do? Did you enjoy your tour or wished you had done something else?

Thanks in advance for any info you can share with us.

Pat :)

Just got back from the Victory last week - our tour with Thenford was fantastic - absolutely the best value for our dollar - we saw the entire island in a van bus that was almost all glass - what views we had! He is professional and we had a great day! I would do it again and probably will next fall!

Becky & Leon

Thenford did a great job on the tour, but he promised us a private van (for all 21 of us) and then failed to follow through on his promise and added 2 more just so that he could get more money. We paid what he asked, but didn't give him a tip. The tour was great though... just wasn't happy with his business sense. My mom had to sit on a jump seat which was very uncomfortable. She had to pay the same amount as someone who got a comfortable seat... just didn't seam fair to me.

Stefani

We toured with Thenford on October 30 and he did a fabulous job...he even sang songs to us! You can tell that he is proud of St. Kitts and enjoys what he does...Kudos, Thenford!

How did he communicate with you? I have found it frustrating, he does not reply to emails. I use a gmail account, I wonder if it gets stuck in his spam.

we had a great time last year with him. I will tell you his tour is a dry tour compared to Cosol's in St Lucia. I did see and learn a lot. We spent time at a beach restarant too. nice day.

we had a great time last year with him. I will tell you his tour is a dry tour compared to Cosol's in St Lucia. I did see and learn a lot. We spent time at a beach restarant too. nice day.

We are possibly doing Cosol's tour in St. Lucia and the next day tour with Thenford in St. Kitts. From your experience would you think it is too much touring in 2 days? Too much of the same thing? And when you say " dry" do you mean not as much fun?

Thanks for your help!

we did both tours, Grey's in St. Kitts and Cossol's in St. Lucia and yes it was a busy two days but both tours were so great and I wouldn't have done it any differently.

Mr. Grey is very professional and is obviously proud of his country. I especially love Brimstone... day was longer than was planned but very good value.

How long was your tour with Theford Grey in St. Kitts?

it was only suppose to be a half day, but ended up taking up most of the day... I believe we left around 9 and got back around 3:30 -- great value for money

Just can't seem to get a reply confirming our reservation. Anybody have luck reaching him in the past week?

Just can't seem to get a reply confirming our reservation. Anybody have luck reaching him in the past week?

Not exactly the last week, but very close..

I sent him an email on Nov 28 at 2:06 PM, got a reply at 3:38 PM, asked for a booking at 4:29 PM, and got confirmation at 5:28 PM. Can't get much faster than that!

My family and I did a tour with Themford Grey last March. We really enjoyed it and he was so accomodating and professional. We saw so much of St. Kitts and he tried to please eveyone. We'll be going back next April and I'm trying to choose something else.:confused: I had wanted to go on a Catamaran to Nevis next year but due to a hurricane the Catamaran is not going to Nevis anymore.:(

Anyway, anyone booking with Themford Grey will be very pleased:)

Not exactly the last week, but very close..

I sent him an email on Nov 28 at 2:06 PM, got a reply at 3:38 PM, asked for a booking at 4:29 PM, and got confirmation at 5:28 PM. Can't get much faster than that!

Thanks for letting me know, MGnut. Maybe just has a big rush of emails now that Christmas is around the corner.

MSophia - good to know you had a great tour with him! Did you have beach time, and was it at Cockleshell? Nice there?

Thanks for letting me know, MGnut. Maybe just has a big rush of emails now that Christmas is around the corner.

MSophia - good to know you had a great tour with him! Did you have beach time, and was it at Cockleshell? Nice there?

hope he gets back to you soon -- could it be that your message is maybe going into his junk mail. I have a hotmail account and often it goes into other people's junk mail. Do you have a different email account you could send a message too?

Good news! Finally got it !

yeah I am glad,

we are doing the volcano tour with Thedford in jan! Can't wait,

Just got back from Noordam B2B and one of the highlights was St Kitts. What a beautiful place! The fortress was great. We could have used more time there as we rented the audio guide for $5 which told us a lot about the history of the fort (DH and I were able to share if we stayed cozy) and there is so much to see there. Mr Nice is one-of-a-kind and a lot of fun, but the highlight for us was the drive down to the SE part of the island. The views were incredible and we hope to go back. Thenford was an Exec with the sugar mill before they shut down and is very well educated, interested in the local flora, knowledgeable, and proud of his island. He is a great driver which is crucial on those narrow windy roads. At the end we went to Cockleshell Beach and he offered to take some of us back to the ship right away and come back later for anyone who wanted an hour or 2 on the beach. It is a neat beach with the typical beach bar/burger place and lots of fun. Out of all the ports on the 20 days, we decided we would go back to St Kitts and Virgin Gorda (Tortola) if we get a chance. It was a wonderful island, and I can recommend Grey's tours without hesitation.

Just realized I think I confused Dominca with St Kitts...not sure where Mr Nice was but might have to check my photos!

You know you were on too many islands when you can't keep them straight. Or maybe too many rums??????:o